Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road tested granola recipe?

Options
  • 24-10-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

No I don't have anything better to do on a bank hol Saturday night :(

I've been making my own granola, with disappointing results, using a recipe from the internet. It's greasy and not great tasting, it's just ok.

Anyone got a recipe that they've used and can recommend??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Whats your method /recipie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

Tis this:

Two cups of oats, spread over a baking tin. Drizzled with oil (I use sunflower). Then drizzled with honey.

Then I cook at 180 degrees (fan oven) for 25 mins. Then I take out and add a half cup of sunflower seeds and half cup of pumpkin seeds. (Or sometimes I really decide to live on the edge and add flaked almonds instead).

Then I put back in oven for a further 5 minutes.

By then it's well-toasted but somehow it's a bit soggy or something..

cut the oil out you dont need it.....

if you don't want the gronola to stick, just take it out every so often and stir it... every so often.... I use golden trickle to as it can help colour it and 5 minutes before i take it out i wack in some peacan nuts....

the oils making it sogy as ity get sucked into the oats.... im sure tyhere a scintific word for it :D i dont know it. but in any case be shot at repeatedly :D

LOL I love 'shot at repeatedly' in case once or twice wouldn't be enough :pac:

Well that makes total sense Snow, because even with just a little oil it's very greasy. Liking the sound of the pecans.

Thank you for this, I'm looking forward to toasting my oats tomorrow already! (though really, really have to get out more :()

Cadiz wrote: »
    LOL I love 'shot at repeatedly' in case once or twice wouldn't be enough :pac:

Well that makes total sense Snow, because even with just a little oil it's very greasy. Liking the sound of the pecans.

Thank you for this, I'm looking forward to toasting my oats tomorrow already! (though really, really have to get out more :()

:D

yeah i would say thats the problem mor ethen likely but dont be affriad to thoast your oats then, add the honey... :pac:

you can add spices to your mix as well cinemin and nut meg that kinda thing if you want all sorts of stuff ...

• Advertisement

Granola update: non-oil version is a triumph.

Defo would do cinnamon with maybe some dried apple pieces and raisins next time. :D

Cadiz wrote: »
    Granola update: non-oil version is a triumph.

Defo would do cinnamon with maybe some dried apple pieces and raisins next time. :D

You can add so many differenet things to it :)

glad to hear it went well :)

Advertisement