Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy Logitech G9 in Dublin

Options
  • 25-10-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I need to buy a mouse tomorrow (don't want to wait for internet delivery). Is there anywhere that sells the Logitech G9 in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

PC World here in Sligo have them so I imagine the Dublin stores do as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Apparently Peats can't be bothered to answer their phones and neither can PC World. Internet order to UK might be the option now given stellar performance of bricks and mortar stores. Thanks for the suggestions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

72hundred wrote: »
    Apparently Peats can't be bothered to answer their phones and neither can PC World. Internet order to UK might be the option now given stellar performance of bricks and mortar stores. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I'm pretty sure they have healthy stock levels of it in the Parnell street branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but - is that it for physical stores? Peats and PC World? Peats who charge 30 euro for a HDMI cable and PC World who has the tiniest selection of actual components?

I know I sound bitter but I used to live in the States and I miss the impulse buy factor, coupled with that instant gratification of going home to get things going.
    I read this article this morning about Best Buy UK and wondered if they might put one over here, Ikea style?

Does anyone know of any decent small retailers around Dublin? Elara are ok but you still end up waiting a day or two even for collection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

brasher wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any decent small retailers around Dublin? Elara are ok but you still end up waiting a day or two even for collection.

Sadly Ireland does not have that much to offer with regards to Street Shops or even online.

Most people buy from the uk from places like eBuyer or Scan.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but - is that it for physical stores? Peats and PC World? Peats who charge 30 euro for a HDMI cable and PC World who has the tiniest selection of actual components?

I know I sound bitter but I used to live in the States and I miss the impulse buy factor, coupled with that instant gratification of going home to get things going.
    I read this article this morning about Best Buy UK and wondered if they might put one over here, Ikea style?

Yes they charge €30 for a HDMI cable but they also charge €4.99, the choice is there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd say best buy may come here eventually but they're gonna be focused on the uk market and do their best to dominate it before expanding into other territories I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Kintaro: I live in Rathmines and our Peats had many HDMI cables for sale, but the cheapest was 30 euro. So yes, there may be 4.99 cables out there in the world, but the option I had was a 1M for 30E :) the choice wasn't there.

AlmightyCushion: Fingers crossed we get the crumbs from the UK table, same way we managed to squeeze an Ikea in. Worst case they may deliver to here and ad a semi decent online option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I'm pretty sure they have healthy stock levels of it in the Parnell street branch.

Oh, i wonder how you know that ?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »
    Oh, i wonder how you know that ?

:rolleyes:

You know very well SmartyPants how I know that. When, oh when have I ever hid/denied that I work for Peats. I mention it ALL the time. So what's with the above comment and lovely smiley eh? Really tell me what.

Well Anti?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

On the subject of thread hijacking and the death of bricks and mortar, I just funnelled money to Komplett and Elara on the basis of low prices (shocking enough) and "ability to pick up in the car after work".

Never again.
    Never.

I must have spent at least €15 in petrol attempting to get to both places through rush hour traffic before they closed, trying to find the correct exits from the long mile (thanks Elara, but your map shows a whole load of roundabouts - where no roundabouts exist), trying to get back to Parkwest, and then finding Elara. Luckily they opened up for me, pretty sure I was talking to Kin, they were great. Attempted to get over to Komplett for 7 - no dice. Dear business parks on the northside: Would it kill you to put up streetlights? Signs? MAPS? Total waste of time, energy, money and petrol.

Compare:
    Ordered something on 24th from Komplett, delivery to PUP, shipped from the Netherlands on Monday, only ready to collect today? Nightmare getting out there, will have to do the same stupid trek to nowhere twice.
    Ordered from HWV on 23rd, bank transfer went out of my a/c on Tuesday, Dispatched today, should arrive at my door tomorrow.
    Why the **** I'd ever order from bricks and mortar again is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

The choice is yours ofcourse, but dont blame your inabality to find out where your going or how to get there properly on the two companys you bought stuff from. You can hardly blame either company for lack of street lights as im pretty sure thats down to the council, probably the same for signs (consultation on where to put them, how much it costs, is it even possible etc etc) Just checked elara's map, and its a google map, same for the one on komplett. But i guess this is the fault of the companys for not making sure google have their maps sorted out to your specifications.

Oh Good luck RMAing something back to HWV, hope you speak fluent german !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I must have spent at least €15 in petrol attempting to get to both places through rush hour traffic before they closed

Sorry, self-inflicted :P
    Attempted to get over to Komplett for 7 - no dice. Dear business parks on the northside: Would it kill you to put up streetlights? Signs? MAPS? Total waste of time, energy, money and petrol.

I had to drive around the security checkpoints asking for directions. Elara is living hell to get to, but in Komplett's case actually reaching the business park in question is only half the story! Feckin' rotten layout there, no-one can find anything! :(

Solitaire wrote: »
    Sorry, self-inflicted :P
    Elara don't open til 10 and close at 6, and they're closed for lunch between 1 and 2, they're not open at weekends, all according to their website, so if you're employed, you have zero options. It's rush hour traffic or nothing.

I had to drive around the security checkpoints asking for directions. Elara is living hell to get to, but in Komplett's case actually reaching the business park in question is only half the story! Feckin' rotten layout there, no-one can find anything! :(

That reminds me:
    Northside business parks:
    If you put Lights over the signs on individual units, then people will be able to read what's written on the front of the buildings. This will help them find what they're looking for when they're running round with no map and no idea where to go.

edit: by "no map" I mean a decent business park has a huge map somewhere at the side of the road, where you can pull over and see the actual layout of the place and the locations of the businesses.

Anti wrote: »
    The choice is yours ofcourse, but dont blame your inabality to find out where your going or how to get there properly on the two companys you bought stuff from. You can hardly blame either company for lack of street lights as im pretty sure thats down to the council, probably the same for signs (consultation on where to put them, how much it costs, is it even possible etc etc) Just checked elara's map, and its a google map, same for the one on komplett. But i guess this is the fault of the companys for not making sure google have their maps sorted out to your specifications.

Oh Good luck RMAing something back to HWV, hope you speak fluent german !

1) I didn't blame either company for the lack of street lights.
    2) Anyone suggesting that the Naas Road/Red Cow/Long Mile area is "difficult" to get lost in, or get stuck in the wrong lane of and unable to switch due to traffic is not being realistic. It's a well known traffic nightmare, although I hear Cookstown is worse. Ditto finding your way around Blanchardstown.
    3) Consulting the printed out Google map involves finding somewhere to pull over, which means going off the main road, which in that area means getting stuck in some sort of one way system.
    4) I asked two different people for directions who either lived or worked locally, when I was effectively around the corner, and neither of them could work out how to get back to where I was going.
    5) No, but I know people who do. And according to the discussion thread, the efficient germans don't want to talk about RMA's, you just print off the form, send it back and they deal with it. Compared to the nightmares being discussed on the Komplett forum right now, I think I know what's a better option.
    6) Clicking on "Maps/Directions" on Elara's site brings you to a page with 3 maps with different areas of zoom - none of them are Google or standard road maps, and all of them tell you that to get into Parkwest you need to go around a roundabout.

Just to bring this slightly back to original topic... I ended up buying the mouse in Peats on Parnell Str. €80. More expensive than other spots but I wanted and for €15 it was easier than collecting from local yokels in the post office and waiting.

Now next quick question - the mouse could do with being slightly bigger, and apparently they sell something called the "ID grip" but officially only in the states as far as I can see. So does any one know a way of getting one over here?

No need for the larger grip using it with a Fellowes Microban gel mouse mat and it sooooo comfortable and responsive. Money well spent as original performance hopes have been met!

Advertisement