Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package holiday delay- banged up in airport hotel

Options
  • 25-10-2009 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭

My week in the Canarys has been delayed due to a technical issue with the aircraft . It looks like we will be delayed by at least 24 hours.

Does anyone know what rights we have?
    I am starting to get a little bit stressed by the whole experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Nakatomi wrote: »
    My week in the Canarys has been delayed due to a technical issue with the aircraft . It looks like we will be delayed by at least 24 hours.

Does anyone know what rights we have?
    I am starting to get a little bit stressed by the whole experience.

Take a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_261/2004

From my own experience, they will always always always wiggle out of it some way or another though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

We are on plane now( 23 hours late ) but some passengers have not shown up so it looks like they will have to get their bags off.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Is this the Aer Lingus 877 Lanzarote to Cork? Were you accommodated
    overnight in a hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

No flying from Dublin left 23 hrs and 57 mins after due departure, yes we did have hotel

Advertisement