Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

settling Cracks

Options
  • 25-10-2009 7:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi All

I am in my house about a year now and it is time to face trying to fill all the cracks.

I have a lot mainly over the rads and also alot caused by the movement of the drywall screws.

I have used the normal dryish stuff you get in B&Q before but its not much good.

what is the best way to fill and leave it looking like it hasn't being touched.

Dont mind some sanding but ideally the less the better.

Thanks
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Dont bother with the fillers you get in BnQ etc, the ready mixed stuff by Evostik and such, bloody awful to work with, and you'll spend hours sanding. Go to a painter/decorators suppliers and ask them for fillers. Im sure someone here will let you know a good manufacturer to get. The propper fillers is very easy to work with and can come ready mixed or in powder form and sands down in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

Thanks for the reply

Any one else got any tips or brandnames to look for

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

I use Polycell powdered filler myself, so easy to sand. Slightly more expensive, but should still not be more than a tenner for a box big enough to fill a house. Dont be put off by mixing it yourself, just mix a small bit each a time, you'll soon get the hang.

Advertisement