Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney or Dingle?

Options
  • 25-10-2009 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi Guys

We are heading down to Kerry on the Friday 13th November for 2 nights and want to head up to Galway after that for 1 night and then head back across to Dublin on the monday. I know its not gonna give us much time there but thats all we have. Gonna drive down to kerry from dublin early on the friday morning.
    Never been to kerry so wheres nice for a couple with a toddler. Was looking at Dingle and Killarney, where else is nice and would you recommend some hotels?

Was then looking at the park house hotel in galway city, whats that like, anyone been?

How long does it take then to drive from kerry to galway?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

Anyone been to castlewood house in Dingle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

man1 wrote: »
    How long does it take then to drive from kerry to galway?

It takes two and a half to three and a half hours to drive from Killarney to Galway depending on traffic. Dingle to Killarney is 30 min to 45 min. (It may be quicker going Dingle->Tralee->Faranfore rather than Dingle->Killarney->Faranfore, but I have never been that way so I don't really know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I know Castlewood,it's out on the edge of town, near Brian de Staic, what do you need to know?If you have a toddler then it could be worthwhile seeing if the Skellig Hotel has any deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

oeb wrote: »
    It takes two and a half to three and a half hours to drive from Killarney to Galway depending on traffic. Dingle to Killarney is 30 min to 45 min. (It may be quicker going Dingle->Tralee->Faranfore rather than Dingle->Killarney->Faranfore, but I have never been that way so I don't really know.

far easier to go dingle tralee fenit. prob best to stay in killarney with amount of driving you have to do even though saying that slea head drive and the connor pass on the dingle peninsula are nothing short of spectacular

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

ciaeim wrote: »
    far easier to go dingle tralee fenit. prob best to stay in killarney with amount of driving you have to do even though saying that slea head drive and the connor pass on the dingle peninsula are nothing short of spectacular

Thanks for all the advice guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

I would say stick with Killarney. There is lots in Killarney for a day or 2 you could go on the water bus which would be suited to a toddler and you could take a jaunting car or walk up the gap of dunloe. Mucross house has lovely walks and gardens and a good value restaurant. Killarney has loads of offers in hotels. Dingle is a long way it would add an extra hour or more and it would be along time in a car for a small child. I have also stayed in the Park house hotel in Galway. It is a nice hotel in a good location it has limited parking but overall a nice hotel. Enjoy your trip

Advertisement