Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micro Media Player -£29.99 Ebuyer DOTD

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Sumvision has a new model out by the looks of it the cyclone mkv. Seen it on ebay for £79.99

The micro is £24.68 on SVP when you use the code svpatuf but thats taking that delivery is only £3. Not sure what the delivery cost is to Ireland.

The picture quality looks very nice on the cyclone micro, although it was a bit glitchy when I first used it and it won't play any H.264 encoded files. So far it I'm happy enough with it, so might get a few for Christmas present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

My 2 Cyclone's I ordered are being held by customs! :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

basquille wrote: »
    My 2 Cyclone's I ordered are being held by customs! :mad:

Shoulda taken my one! :P

PS: love the Avatar, all mods have gone christmas pimping mad!

Shoulda taken my one! :P
    Pfft... off-thread dealing!?

That's some example you're setting as an Adverts.ie mod! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

My only qualm with it is that it doesnt support .mkv files. Ive yet to give it a good run for its money though.

If you changed the container from mkv to m2ts would it play it then?

tsMuxerGUI will change mkv's to m2ts's in a few minutes with no quality loss

Pfft... off-thread dealing!?

That's some example you're setting as an Adverts.ie mod! :pac:
    Its not for sale on adverts, so it cant be off thread dealing. zing!
    If you changed the container from mkv to m2ts would it play it then?

tsMuxerGUI will change mkv's to m2ts's in a few minutes with no quality loss
    Ill try that out now! Twould be the beez if it works. The spec doesnt mention m2ts so I wouldnt hold my breath.

Damn, I just converted a .mkv file, but have just remembered that during my housemates drunkenness, my HDMI cable was raped. Cant be arsed setting up the composite cables only to be disappointed either by a lack of movie, or a lack of quality video.

Ill report back when ive a HDMI cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Mine wouldn't give any sound with hdmi cable so just been using composite-good picture. However, due to the unit being a little slow, I had pressed enter to go into a menu and as I pressed it it asked if I wanted to format my hard drive. Plugged out the hard drive and now its fudged. 600gigs of stuff possibly gone? Computer won't let me do anything to it and all the files are random names such as ;kuhg;kejrhg:mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Wont play anything I try, usual mix of mpegs, divx's, etc. Nothing, brutal - waste of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

jesterhead wrote: »
    Mine wouldn't give any sound with hdmi cable so just been using composite-good picture. However, due to the unit being a little slow, I had pressed enter to go into a menu and as I pressed it it asked if I wanted to format my hard drive. Plugged out the hard drive and now its fudged. 600gigs of stuff possibly gone? Computer won't let me do anything to it and all the files are random names such as ;kuhg;kejrhg:mad::(

Damn stupid UI.

Seems these units are best avoided from what I have read, perhaps not a bargain. Jesterhead, download this cd, burn it and boot from it. Has some excellent partition recovery tools, may do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

ch750536 wrote: »
    Damn stupid UI.

Seems these units are best avoided from what I have read, perhaps not a bargain. Jesterhead, download this cd, burn it and boot from it. Has some excellent partition recovery tools, may do the job.

Many thanks, I'll give it a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭blarney_army

Got one of these a while ago works fine and with 1TB ext drive

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Iristxo

Am just after setting up by Micro Media Player for my brother.

When I load it and go into the Movie menu, it asks me to format the 4GB card. So I do it.. and in broken "Engrish", it tells me it was successful.

But it asks me to format it again when I try and go into the menu. Tried formatting the card as FAT32 in my PC and that didn't work either.

Any suggestions? I know I saw it asked somewhere.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Whats the memory card?
    There are testing programmes you can try- even the boot disk for Ubuntu has test programmes for memory and drives, that can check for errors/consistency etc.

• Advertisement

smccarrick wrote: »
    Whats the memory card?
    There are testing programmes you can try- even the boot disk for Ubuntu has test programmes for memory and drives, that can check for errors/consistency etc.
    It's just a bog standard 4GB Bytestor SDHC Card.

I definitely read someone on Boards who had the same problem.. and there was a workaround. Will keep looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Any memory card or USB drive I connected just work straight away. The only problem now is my power supply blew up. I ended buying the WD TV Mini(bought from ebuyer £49.99) as a present as I found my cyclone micro to be temperamental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Am just after setting up by Micro Media Player for my brother.

When I load it and go into the Movie menu, it asks me to format the 4GB card. So I do it.. and in broken "Engrish", it tells me it was successful.

But it asks me to format it again when I try and go into the menu. Tried formatting the card as FAT32 in my PC and that didn't work either.

Any suggestions? I know I saw it asked somewhere.

Try the SDFormatter s/w from Panasonic to format the memory card.

degsie wrote: »
    Try the SDFormatter s/w from Panasonic to format the memory card.
    Cheers.. will give that a try!

I found a 2GB Mini SD card with SD Adapter which seemed to work fine. That'll do for now until I investigate the problem with the SD card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I bought one of these and it works perfectly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement