Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamers are assholes

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I agree but i usually only play with people I know on steam. Any public matches I play the final crescendo stage is ruined by the losing team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's become more prevalent due to forums being used more and more as a medium of communication, it makes it easier to complain/troll/be retarded. 99% of the time the person behind the keyboard is being a tad giddy but there is that 1% who are genuine assholes and will be that way offline & online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I get angry with games when they cheat (and they do) I have been known to shout at a little lump of pixels and the odd controller has gone flying.

I dont generally get mad with other gamers you will come across idiots but if someone calls me a "noob" or "fanboy" other such internet sad act lingo i just smirk because the joke really is on them.

I get pissed off with developers when they do stuff like jackup the price of MW2 to 70 euro just because they can. Or release 15 versions of the same franchise .... hey this is just Activision isnt it !!

Anti piracy measures are also annoying me i dont download games but it drives me mad that i cant trade a PC game or if the min specs listed on the box still dont allow the game to play properly and i cant return it. When i buy a game and the stupid phone number/website ive to activate a game with doesnt work and im left with my legit useless copy as the pirates laugh at me coz theirs work perfectly. I get annoyed with steam telling me my game isnt available when it should be. All these invented to put off pirates but actually promote it if anything. I was just forced to give up PC gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I don't know. Since I stopped playing CSS my ratio of gamers to assholes has gone a lot more positive.

Although I do leave the headset plugged in and left on the table when playing on the 360.

Advertisement