Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 360 ... Any Opinions?

• 25-10-2009 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

So, Oct 30 seems to be launch date for Vodafone's new cloud-service...360. (in the UK at least)...

I'm somewhat intrigued but on the other hand:

The accompanying handsets made by Samsung - the H1 and M1 - look impressive on virtual paper, but where are the real hands-on reviews/previews?

As to the cloud back-up service: who here is willing to trust Vodafone with ALL their data? Vodafone music cannot even keep track of the few songs I bought from them...the music app on my e71 tries to 'sync' with previous purchases forever... And how many times does an 'error' 'occur' when you try to log in for web texts or unlock codes?

Any opinions here?
    Anyone eagerly awaiting the H1?
    Has anyone found a REAL review/hands-on of the H1 or M1, yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

rizzee wrote: »

Thx...hmm, I'm waiting for the bummer revelation...sth stupid like, I don't know, no plug'n'play/mass storage... Or no microphone?! LOL...the specs are just too good to be true for a first-time mass market LiMo handset whose ui was cobbled together by voda.... Hm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I find ZYB very good. It looks like them boys will be involved too so I'm hopeful for the software.
    In fact, the only issues i've ever had with ZYB was using it from the Vodafone network :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Used the M1 a few weeks ago. From using it briefly, one thing that stood out was the oled screen. The 360 service seems interesting enough too.

Loads of H1 handsets to play with in the Lower Grafton Street store.
    Albeit under plastic and with no connectivity.

"Here's the latest and greatest thing for keeping in touch ... ... ... You want to connect to the inter-what with it now ? "

First impressions from a 2 minute play
    They're big. Like BIG big.
    The UI team won't be winning any prizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

long_b wrote: »
    Loads of H1 handsets to play with in the Lower Grafton Street store.
    Albeit under plastic and with no connectivity.

"Here's the latest and greatest thing for keeping in touch ... ... ... You want to connect to the inter-what with it now ? "

First impressions from a 2 minute play
    They're big. Like BIG big.
    The UI team won't be winning any prizes.

Well...not all that surprised...since I started this thread my Vodafone Jet has been in its box mostly... And with the exception of Paul on boards' Voda-forum neither Vodafone nor C&C Cellular in Castlebar have done anything to 'help'... So, I will definitely stay clear of further Samsung-Vodafone collaborations!

Not available for PAYG customers yet. Pre Xmas rollout hoped for.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

I got a H1 and so far I am very impressed. The 360 service is quite handy for backing up your contacts etc... and you can merge your phone contacts with your facebook contacts if you are so inclined.

It has one of the best browsers I have seen on a phone in a long time its opera based and if you are clicking on a link and there are other links close by it zooms the two key word out for you selection.

The app store has a good few apps on it. I think one feature that is very good is you can update a contact on the site and the phone updates over the air through the 3G connection.

Will keep you posted how I get on.

long_b wrote: »
    Not available for PAYG customers yet. Pre Xmas rollout hoped for.

Now available for PAYG.

Installed it on my N82 - nice natvie Symbian app. Pulled down me Facebook contacts without fuss.

Murders your battery synching all the time, but you can turn that off.

Web-based admin app is quite like ZYB, lets you merge contacts.

Most interesting though is the reduced price PAYG data rates for users - 39c instead of 99c per day till Jan 2010. :)

Anyway, the install link was

http://download.vodafone360.com/get/client

Advertisement