Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP a6085. Vista con't loop

• 25-10-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi all

I have run into some pretty serious difficulties, in that I cannot get vista to boot for love nor money.

So from the top, the PC was fine, SP2 installed.

I got myself a HD 4670 Raeon GPU which I installed. I powered up, I got the usual screens, BIOS and then to the "microsoft corporation" and the green bar and it just loops and loops. I cannot get past this point.

Thinking it may have been the GPU, I reinstalled the X1650 but exactly the same thing is happening. I have tried to boot into safe mode and it wont.

I tried System Restore and that didn't work, I tried low res video boot, didn't work.

I shut it all down, unplugged it, held power button 5 secs and tried to boot, I got nothing.

Also as the other options failed, during the initial boot up I pressed F11 for a system recovery and thats what I am stuck on essentially, getting the recovery program to finish.

I don't have a vista DVD. I do have my HP DVD RECOVERY discs but for some reason I think the DVD is gone really funny. It shows up in the BIOS named as literally alalalalalalalala. I had changed the BIOS to first boot from the DVD to try a System Reset with the DVD but it wont read the DVD player.

I was at this all day yesterday and got nowhere.

Any ideas or help would be massivley apreciated.

Thanks

Rgds
    John

Advertisement