Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam's bicycle....

Options
  • 25-10-2009 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.galwaynews.ie/9265-liam-back-saddle-again

Just read this, and great to read that the chap got his bike back.

What bazzles me here is.... his bike was stolen from outside Halo.... isin't there 2 Gardai CCTV cameras in that vicinity (One mounted on the wall of La Salsa) and I *think* a 2nd one mounted on a pole at Powell's 4 corners. Now, out of these 2 cameras, 'in the early hours of Saturday morning', why wasn't one of these camera's pointing up/down in the Halo direction, where there would have been a lot of drunk people ie. the need to monitor

The mind boggles :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

In the Advertiser last week it said (I think) that two girls were seen taking off with it so they must have had some cameras operating in that area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Based on personal experience in an incident a year ago, i don't think those cameras actually record anything, it's up to the Garda monitoring the footage to push the record button.

It's good to see that all stolen bicycles in galway will be given the same media exposure in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Delighted to hear he got it back!

I asked him about it last week, apparently only part of the footage was any use (I think the bit with the girls dragging the bike). Either way I'm glad whoever nicked it that he has it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Did the see the thieves? Imagine the shame those fcuks must have had if they gave the bike back.

At least they showed some heart I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Glad he got it back but it would have been better if the scum who stole were convicted.
    Must have been tough on such a active person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

It's good to see that all stolen bicycles in galway will be given the same media exposure in future.

What kind of ****e comment is that!!! Do you not think THIS particular case deserved a bit more attention than a regular bike going missing:mad::mad:
    it would have been better if the scum who stole were convicted.

Agree totally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

hes a good guy and only to be admired for his attitude.

going by that article in the original post his bike has three wheels on the front and one on the back, the journalist must think he has a steering wheel so....

Advertisement