Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noir c&c please

• 25-10-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

A96E490682394E9F99439605BAA20937-800.jpg

Hmmmm...

I'm wondering about the skin texture in particular. I put a 1% gaussian blur on, masked it and unblurred the eyes (probably best viewed at full size). Just to take out skin pores and make it a little more appealing (jesus that camera/lens in sharp!). I'm going for a cinematic feel. Any tips on how I might work that better?

Edit: that area above her head is driving me crazy - is the cloning as obvious as I think it is?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

sineadw wrote: »

Edit: that area above her head is driving me crazy - is the cloning as obvious as I think it is?

Yes. But only because you told me it was there :) I didn't notice it when I looked at the photo first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

I kinda like the toning, although it make her look more masculine, hairs on arm are very strong and the lines in her neck

I would like to see the gun be slightly more obvious,

the cloning does stand out

the other thing that seems just just no fit is the nose ring

I think with a slightly more expressive pose from them, it could be quite a dramatic shot, it just at the moment doesnt quite have enough of the story in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

stcstc wrote: »
    hairs on arm are very strong and the lines in her neck

the other thing that seems just just no fit is the nose ring

I noticed both of these things when I looked at the picture on her pixie in original size.
    But I'm no expert in this field of Photography and didn't notice the other points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Can't reshoot it - was a bloody nightmare getting everyone together in the first place! I think I'm just going to have to live with the pose (although I might look through them again and see if there's one that works better). Suggestions on getting rid of the arm hair? I spotted that too but I'm loathe to go near it with cloning - I can never seem to get it right. Which is why I left the nose ring in..

It's very much a first draft, so I really appreciate all the comments. 40% of semester grade is riding on it! :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Is this the full frame or a crop?

I would like to see the full shadow at the top rather than it being cut off.

• Advertisement

sineadw wrote: »
    (although I might look through them again and see if there's one that works better).

When I go thru my gig shots the next morning with a woozy head I do normally pick a certain % and then think that's that, but sometimes if I'm not feeling lazy I go thru the pics a 2nd time with a clearer head and often come up with pictures that can be in fact better then my 1st choice pics, so you never know when you go back through yours. :)

its cropped slightly - I wanted to stay as close to the original as possible:
    doubleIndemnity2.jpg

(edit: I know mine's darker - I thought it worked better with the female model)

Hmmm... simon made a point on FB about the eye contact being off in this one too. Maybe I need to loosen up on the pose and choose a better image...

How do people feel about the sharpness issue though?

When I looked on original size which obviously is huge It was fine.
    BTW Women did have hairy arms and......other places in the 1940s so maybe that's not as bad as it seems. :o

lol janer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Only thing about the sharpness for me is the pattern on the suit, might be good if the pattern wasn't so crisp. Didn't see the gun at first against the dark background. You could try using the dodge tool instead of cloning to hide the hair arm a bit

• Advertisement

Is this a better pose? No processing done on it yet! (apart from a quick LR B&W preset, obviously :p )

2244168FF16F46C4A395E93F8C92CC03-800.jpg

The first one looks a little more natural for me, the guy in the second seems to be a little standoffish or something.. like he is backing away from it.

Love the toning though.

the guy in the second seems to be a little standoffish or something.. like he is backing away from it.

Perfect - that's exactly what I wanted :)

Working away on it here...

3039BF8D2C5F46DA88A8C143882FEE34-800.jpg

Better?

Arm hair is driving me to distraction... :mad:

Advertisement