Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet on my Blackberry Pearl

• 25-10-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

I have a new Pearl and want to install the Gmail application on it.

I do not have a Media package with 02 and won't be getting one.

Can I access internet on my phone and/or just Gmail?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

To get the app you can download it from here:http://www.google.com/mobile/products/mail.html#p=blackberry

Or browse to m.google.com/mail on your handset.

Secondly, you can use the internet on your phone for browsing like you would any phone, i take it your o2 billpay so it will cost you 2c per KB up to 99cent for 50MB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thanks but my phone does not have an Internet browser. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

do you have the blackberry addon? Usually whenthat's put on your account, a service book is sent to the phone making the built-in web browser available

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/myconnect/O2/Home/Business/Business+Solutions/Mobile+office/Blackberry/Find+out+more?panel=1

Berty wrote: »

I do not have a Media package with 02 and won't be getting one.
    Dardania wrote: »
    do you have the blackberry addon? Usually whenthat's put on your account, a service book is sent to the phone making the built-in web browser available

As mentioned above. No I do not. I will ask my account manager in the morning to add it on but I assumed I could access the internet like I could on my 6230i to check my G-Mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

Berty wrote: »
    As mentioned above. No I do not. I will ask my account manager in the morning to add it on but I assumed I could access the internet like I could on my 6230i to check my G-Mail.

You dont need a media pack...

in Options select Advanced Options -Browers and change your default to use "Internet Brower" ....internet will work then

Stevo105 wrote: »
    You dont need a media pack...

in Options select Advanced Options -Browers and change your default to use "Internet Brower" ....internet will work then

In that option it says

"Default Browser Configuration:"

It says nothing else. Clicking the blackberry button and clicking "change option" has no effect. It does nothing other than bring me back to default browser configuration:

under advanced option go into service book...you should have IPPP for BIBS..( i think thats your browers) if not there is away to resend the service book to your blackberry..

then you should be able to select the "internet browser"

how to resend service book
    1. Click the "Options" icon on the home screen of the device
    2. Click "Security Options"
    3. Click "General Settings"
    4. Scroll down to the bottom and click "Desktop [S48......] (3D..."
    5. Click "Regenerate Encryption..."
    6. Click "OK"

This will resend the service books to the device. Allow about 15 minutes for the process to fully update

If you use a BES server from your work...you may need to get your administrator to resend it...and they could have a policy blocking you accessing the internet

Stevo,

I do not have any option like that in General Settings.

The last option I have is

Services

*** No Services ***

Also In Advanced-Service Book

I only have WAP MMS TRANSPORT

&

WAP Push Config

• Advertisement

sounds like your not setup correctly with O2.. you may need to call them and speak to someone on the data support team....you should have lot of items in the service books area..

sorry i cant be more help mate

Cheers

Advertisement