Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

windows 7 upgrade price

• 25-10-2009 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi,

Bought a laptop last year with Vista bundled. Couldn't use due to incompatibly issues, so I installed XP and have been using that since. Now windows 7 has come out, everyone's saying great things about it, I'd like to get it. But looking at the prices it looks like it's going to cost over a hundred Euro to 'upgrade'. Is there much point in waiting? i.e. will the upgrade price reduce in time?

<rant>To be honest I'm a bit pissed off with them, as for me windows 7, is just the final version of Vista. Vista was not fit for purpose </rant>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

The way some people go on about Vista you'd swear it was a UNIX OS, last year Vista was perfectly capable of running all applications, it only had problems in the beginning, why not upgrade again to vista then upgrade Windows 7 it will work out cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

mmm, no i think you may have misunderstood me. I still have vista on the main partition and a valid license, I just never use it. Main problem I had with it was display over HDMI onto my TV, which I could do under Vista, but it is a bit of a pain as it requires reboots, which XP doesn't. Also speed was noticably degraded with Vista.

I don't use unix at home, so my expectations are not that I have that level of reliability. As good as XP, would have being fine for me.

Anyway, never mind all that... main question is, will the upgrade price reduce in time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    The way some people go on about Vista you'd swear it was a UNIX OS, last year Vista was perfectly capable of running all applications, it only had problems in the beginning, why not upgrade again to vista then upgrade Windows 7 it will work out cheaper.

+1

The only problem Iv ever had running Vista 64bit was the creative gameport driver issue. Win7 builds on this stability with ease of use and faster running.

Advertisement