Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Sh**e thread!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Could be worse. He could have been a jackeen and started a 3 page thread on AH. :D

The irony of that thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You're very sensitive, baza. Report the thread if it offends you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ah Limerick people, we get all bent out of shape if someone pokes fun at our beloved berg yet the same people wouldnt give a fiddlers about a thread doing the same to anywhere else, its like the entire city has small man syndrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I don't know why people are getting so offended. You could replace Limerick with Ireland in that thread and everything would still make sense.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's still a bit sad that the OP of that thread had to resort to making jokes about Limerick to get his kicks. I know it's easy to be over-sensitive, but that level of immaturity leaves very few possible reactions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Ah Jesus, lighten up for Christ sake (see what I did there?). I'm from Limerick and I contributed to that thread. It's a bit of fun. If people are so narrow minded to actually believe all the crap said about the city then that's their problem. Some people are just too sensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

An File wrote: »
    It's still a bit sad that the OP of that thread had to resort to making jokes about Limerick to get his kicks. I know it's easy to be over-sensitive, but that level of immaturity leaves very few possible reactions.

maybe you should listen to this guy:
    The Saint wrote: »
    Ah Jesus, lighten up for Christ sake (see what I did there?). I'm from Limerick and I contributed to that thread. It's a bit of fun. If people are so narrow minded to actually believe all the crap said about the city then that's their problem. Some people are just too sensitive.

tis only a little laugh.... If you want to make a piss take thread out of Dublin then go ahead, everybody will still have a laugh.

also to be fair the movie took the piss out of it too by saying jesus would've died from a disease just because its in limerick !

the thread is not ment to be offensive but is only ment to be a bit of a laugh ! (take it easy)

this is a sh*te thread IMO.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

robbie_998 wrote: »
    tis only a little laugh.... If you want to make a piss take thread out of Dublin then go ahead, everybody will still have a laugh.

also to be fair the movie took the piss out of it too by saying jesus would've died from a disease just because its in limerick !

the thread is not ment to be offensive but is only ment to be a bit of a laugh ! (take it easy)

Whatever floats your boat, dude. I still think it's childish for a thread like that to be set up in the central discussion board on this site. At least if you had posted it in the Humour Forum people could respond to the joke in its proper context.

Most of us are mature enough to post constructively without having to start threads slagging off Dublin, or any other part of the country.

Whatever floats your boat, dude. I still think it's childish for a thread like that to be set up in the central discussion board on this site. At least if you had posted it in the Humour Forum people could respond to the joke in its proper context.

Most of us are mature enough to post constructively without having to start threads slagging off Dublin, or any other part of the country.

im not looking to "slag" Limerick,, i cant help it if the movie was made there. if the movie was made in dublin then the thread would be "if jesus grew up in Dublin".

If you want to move it to humor then please do so, either way its only a little bit of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Yeah it is a bit, what are the words I am looking for here, old and cliche perhaps? (I originally went with desperate - wrong choice)

• Advertisement

robbie_998 wrote: »
    im not looking to "slag" Limerick,, i cant help it if the movie was made there. if the movie was made in dublin then the thread would be "if jesus grew up in Dublin".

If you want to move it to humor then please do so, either way its only a little bit of fun.

I don't moderate After Hours, so I have no say in whether or not the thread stays there.

As for the movie you keep mentioning? I have to assume that you mean Angela's Ashes, because I can't see the name of the film you're talking about mentioned anywhere.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I saw that thread and just rolled my eyes and moved on. I think it was the best course of action!

I don't moderate After Hours, so I have no say in whether or not the thread stays there.

As for the movie you keep mentioning? I have to assume that you mean Angela's Ashes, because I can't see the name of the film you're talking about mentioned anywhere.

im sure if the mods thought it didnt belong there it would have being moved well by now. And yes that is the movie i am referring to. had it being set in Dublin, the thread would be about Dublin. Its only a laugh.
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I say that thread and just rolled my eyes and moved on. I think it was the best course of action!

you did the descent thing there... if you dont like the thread then just dont post in it and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The irony about Angela's Ashes then is that alot of it was actually filmed in Cork. :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

careful now, don't want to offend those corkonians!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

I think I'll start another thread about this thread. A thread about a thread about a thread.

I think I'll start another thread about this thread. A thread about a thread about a thread.

Another sh**e thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

jesus limerick people would wanna start getting over themselves really, its only a joke ffs. Can you imagine reading in the Kerry forum a bunch of people moaning because someone said a kerry invention joke.
    If we cant take that as a joke then we deserved to be taken the piss out of. I actually dont like the fact that im contributing to this thread but I had to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If you find something on boards.ie objectionable or offensive, use the report post feature. Trying to start inter-forum arguements is bold.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement