Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good scattergun gunsmiths about?

Options
  • 25-10-2009 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    I need somone who could back bore a remmy1100 barrel,and fit it with the Rem choke system...Anyone know somone up for this job?

TIA
    Grizzly

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Try TopGun in Drogheda and speak to Syl. The man that used to run the shop is Tony Curran, fully qualified gunsmith to the best of my knowledge and still works for Ardee Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Try TopGun in Drogheda and speak to Syl. The man that used to run the shop is Tony Curran, fully qualified gunsmith to the best of my knowledge and still works for Ardee Sports.

Tony is a sound fellow, I went into Top Gun before to get some work done after Tony had moved and was reffered onto Ardee Sports, the two shops must be jointly owned or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Folks,
    I need somone who could back bore a remmy1100 barrel,and fit it with the Rem choke system...Anyone know somone up for this job?

TIA
    Grizzly
    ya Ardee sports give them a ring have Gunsmiths there nice to talk to done a beautiful job on my beretta 471 Silver Hawke recently very reasonable and quick turn around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Might it be more cost effective to order a new barrel with the Rem choke system? I am not sure if a new barrel will be backbored however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Grizzly45, I recently left my S/S ejector Merkel in there for a bit of TLC. Rethreaded a hole for an ejector retention screw, replaced it with another screw. Cleaned her up completely and gave her a complete check over. I asked if something could be done about the stock coming a bit loose but was told I'd have to replace it which would be fairly big bucks. I said leave it be so and it was thightend up instead ( very well thightened that is ). I don't know what else exactly he's done to it but when the gun came back to me it must have been as thight as it left the factory. I must have fired around 200 cartridges through it since and it's still the same way as it came back from Syl's so I dare say whatever Tony's done wasn't cosmetic. And all for less than €100.

• Advertisement
Advertisement