Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste of time

Options
  • 25-10-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Their is no point in discussing the Irish Economy on Boards.ie as some of the moderators are FF lovers. I received an "infraction" for saying the Red C poll is a poll of corruptness.

It is a poll of corruptness, and it should not be taking polls as their is no up and coming elections.

When a sales person try's to sell something, one of the tricks is to inform possible buyers that other people have bought the product. What the Red C poll are doing is giving the impression that people are still voting for FF, similar to the sales man pitch.

This is the only reason you are seeing polls take place, FF have started working on trying to win back the people and this type of carry on will continue until the election, two years later.

More time wasting from FF in an attempt to hold onto their jobs.

When was the last time you seen or took part in one of these polls?

Not that it matters, this post will be removed or I'll be banned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I can't agree with you there .

Not bullshítting, but I feel Politics is well moderated by level headed punters who, in my experience ,don't wield the big stick.

Did you say sommat about the Poll that you couldn't back up.??

I can understand how the punters in charge can't have that, or otherwise every gimp would be wading in with wild allegations or unsubstantiated rants.

Have a bit of a think about that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭RCIRL

I can't agree with you there .

Not bullshítting, but I feel Politics is well moderated by level headed punters who, in my experience ,don't wield the big stick.

Did you say sommat about the Poll that you couldn't back up.??

I can understand how the punters in charge can't have that, or otherwise every gimp would be wading in with wild allegations or unsubstantiated rants.

Have a bit of a think about that one.

Yes I did, I mentioned how I was never asked to take part in the poll nor have I seen a place where I could take part. So its true for me to say the poll is corrupt as its designed to suit certain party's only by targeting their known followers. I didn't deserve an infraction and the message I got from the moderator is a pathetic excuse for giving an infraction. It leads me to think, why should anyone bother to comment on the Irish Economy when its been moderated like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hmmm

Not being a mod or not speaking in any way "ex cathedra" as it were, saying something is "corrupt" without back up on thisforum will draw attention.

Could I respectfully suggest that perhaps you use a more subtle approach, therefore avoiding the attention of the moderators.

Like instead of "corrupt" maybe say " questionable" or if you think the subjects of the poll are handpicked, maybe say that the poll is not "broad based" or "reflective of the electorate".

Hope that helps, as you seem to be a keen student of politics with a strong sense of injustice.

Like meself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I think the thread title is apt. What RCIRL says is indeed a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

RCIRL wrote: »
    Yes I did, I mentioned how I was never asked to take part in the poll nor have I seen a place where I could take part. So its true for me to say the poll is corrupt as its designed to suit certain party's only by targeting their known followers. I didn't deserve an infraction and the message I got from the moderator is a pathetic excuse for giving an infraction. It leads me to think, why should anyone bother to comment on the Irish Economy when its been moderated like this.

I have never been asked to take part in a poll. Does that make every poll invalid or corrupt? If you believe the poll to be corrupt, do you have evidence to back it up, or is this an unfounded allegation? Saying something is true simply because you have no evidence to the contrary is not a good idea.

Unfounded allegations are usually frowned upon on the site as it can draw legal attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Complaints about moderation go on the Help Desk. They can also be discussed by PM with a moderator but an ultimate complaint goes on the Help Desk. Not in a Politics thread and not on the Politics forum or subforums.

Anyone who's bothered to read the forum charter will be aware of that. Please read it.

Even a complaint saying that the moderators are "FF lovers" (or "<anything else> lovers"), which may make some of you laugh inanely, goes on Help Desk.

It only takes a few minutes to read the charter and be aware of these things. All the cool kids read the charter, it's one of those useful things that gives people knowledge. And knowledge is power.

Charter. Stickied thread at the top of the forum.

Help Desk. Located in the Sys category.

I've never been asked what I watch on TV by those Neilsen rotters. Clearly the TV ratings system is corrupt and being run by Fianna Fail. Whom apparently I love. Which will come as news to many many people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement