Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flannerys offensive Halloween decoration

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

wonder are they related?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrrTxa9bUs4

Or perhaps the one in Flannerys didnt do it for her?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m5GReSb5Ms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

o man i left this thread for way too long:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This thread has made me love the Limerick City forum in a way that I thought was no longer possible. Bravo folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

xxx

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

125 posts and no one has posted a pic of it? If anyone is passing by Flannery's maybe they can post a pic of the offending skeleton?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm half tempted to go down there just to see what the fuss is about, march up to the bar with my laptop and show them this thread :D they should make use of the free advertising, big sign on the front door, "see the decoration that offended a nation!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

Paulegend wrote: »
    o man i left this thread for way too long:D

Paul where did u go!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I've a bone to pick with you all, the OP came on here at the end of her tether - simply hoping to sort out a few hang-ups. It seems however she hung around long enough to be hanged herself for personally abusing people? Well I suppose if ya give someone enough rope.....

She had a lot of neck, but was ultimately a fatalistic pain in the neck - but getting all tied up in knots like that?..... Well, its enough to make you top yourself, make no bones about it.

- The only major noose-flash here is that the Flannerys prop isn't the Limerick City Forum's biggest Swinger; Zuroph and Dental Nurse - Get a room!!!! Or at least attend my 16 day Personal Skills Seminar in the Radisson next March - Its entitled "Private Message your way to sexual excess"*

*Course fee: €3,500 terms and conditions apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I think we all know where Limerick City Boardsies are going to head for a drink this Halloween.

Actually here is an idea - if you are out in fancy dress for Halloween try and get your picture taken with the skeleton and post it here for everyone :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

RonMexico wrote: »
    Actually here is an idea - if you are out in fancy dress for Halloween try and get your picture taken with the skeleton and post it here for everyone :D

Brilliant! Will try this on Thursday night :)

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote: »
    I've a bone to pick with you all, the OP came on here at the end of her tether - simply hoping to sort out a few hang-ups. It seems however she hung around long enough to be hanged herself for personally abusing people?

She had a lot of neck, but was ultimately a fatalistic pain in the neck - but getting all tied up like that?..... Well, its enough to make you top yourself, make no bones about it.

- The only major noose-flash here is that the Flannerys prop isn't the Limerick City Forum's biggest Swinger; Zuroph and Dental Nurse - Get a room!!!! Or at least attend my 16 day Personal Skills Seminar in the Radisson next March - Its entitled "Private Message your way to sexual excess"*

*Course fee: €3,500 terms and conditions apply.

hahahahahahahahahah good one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

An File wrote: »
    Brilliant! Will try this on Thursday night :)

Well judging by your signature I hope it goes better than your shameful failure last September......

- Was it because of Itsdacraic passing every day in those PVC hotpants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Dont tell me this fecking thread is still going on...Political correctness gone mad.

ITS A F**KING SKELETON AT HALLOWEEN FOR THE LOVE OF JAYSUS

OP get over it and perhaps find something to complain about that affects you,personaly.

EDIT:F*uck,at this stage I'd nearly drive to flannerys just to see the fecking thing.Surely the OP has been out at halloween before and seen skeltons .

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

I was in there on Sunday night and I thought it looked good....It's a life size skeleton hanging up in the courtyard at HALLOWEEN!!!!!

If you're squeamish, don't look at the bloody torso they have hanging up on the wall next to the TV....absolutely class. One of the barmen told me that Flannerys will be getting more of these torso thingies and doing a slaughter house theme for next year......:eek::eek::eek:

Paul where did u go!!! ;)

o im back baybay:D

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Dont tell me this fecking thread is still going on...Political correctness gone mad.

OP get over it and perhaps find something to complain about that affects you,personaly.

EDIT:F*uck,at this stage I'd nearly drive to flannerys just to see the fecking thing.Surely the OP has been out at halloween before and seen skeltons .

i really dont think alot of p[eople are taking this thread the way it was intended but we all love this thread:D lol bet the op would be so pissed to see the thread now

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lab_Mouse wrote: »

Safe to say the OP was shot down in flames on page 1 of this thread. The other 4 pages are just taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

i really dont think alot of p[eople are taking this thread the way it was intended but we all love this thread:D lol bet the op would be so pissed to see the thread now

We'll find out in a month. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I'm not from Limerick (boo! hiss!) but felt compelled to post on this topic. I had family member die in this way (suicide by hanging) and I wouldn't be offended by the decoration because it's just that- a decoration.

Death is just a part of life, and I think Halloween is great because it allows us to celebrate/acknowledge death in a fun kinda way.

Life's too short to get upset over things like this really. Relax, OP.:)

Acacia wrote: »
    I'm not from Limerick (boo! hiss!) but felt compelled to post on this topic. I had family member die in this way (suicide by hanging) and I wouldn't be offended by the decoration because it's just that- a decoration.

Death is just a part of life, and I think Halloween is great because it allows us to celebrate/acknowledge death in a fun kinda way.

Life's too short to get upset over things like this really. Relax, OP.:)

that was a very inteligent level headed post. bravo my friend bravo:D

• Advertisement

Limerick Forums Funniest thread ???

RonMexico wrote: »
    Limerick Forums Funniest thread ???

I know the hunour of it shook me to my bones :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Wait till you see the guy behind the bar on Halloween dressed up in a gimp suit and a cape. I lost someone I knew through someone else to a bondage accident, and can't help but shed a tear when I see the leathery weirdo pulling pints.

I can see the headlines on The Post after Halloween

"Controversial Halloween decor brings surge of business to local pub"

"Gimp barman offers no comment":D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

actually I'd be more worried some rag will jump on the same case the OP did in order to fill out a page. the timing of the post is perfect for next weekends papers. If they have, its now at the printers, but isnt out yet, so it the time to say to the journalist... you're an idiot. I don't know who you are yet, but Jesus H. Christ I hate you and your lazy brethren.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

An File wrote: »
    I know the hunour of it shook me to my bones :pac:
    *shudders*
    This post sent a shiver down my spine

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    *shudders*
    This post sent a shiver down my spine

you clearly dont have the backbone for this thread, go out on a limb and try a different one:D

o im back baybay:D

Sup babe :)

Sup babe :)

ah tis all good baybay;)

im really going to miss this thread when halloween is over doh......... maybe we should petition to get this thread a sticky:D

• Advertisement

Halloween will be over but Laydeegaga will no longer be banned so maybe she will stick her neck back in and hang around for a bit.

Advertisement