Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flannerys offensive Halloween decoration

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Damn Squirrels stole me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

RonMexico wrote: »
    I think we all know where Limerick City Boardsies are going to head for a drink this Halloween.

Actually here is an idea - if you are out in fancy dress for Halloween try and get your picture taken with the skeleton and post it here for everyone :D

Done

Here it is in a different light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

I thought that this was all much ado about nothing and that people had got political corectness all wrong, and to be honest i am fed up with people being 'offended' by stuff. It has gone too far..

But...

I saw this on Saturday and can now see why certain people had a probelm. I had an image of a old rickety skeleton covered in cob-webs hanging from a bit of old rob, and maybe som shackels trown in for good measure! What I did not expect was a perfectly clean skeleton hanging from a piece of bright blue tow rope. Tasteless

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I saw this on Saturday and can now see why certain people had a probelm. I had an image of a old rickety skeleton covered in cob-webs hanging from a bit of old rob, and maybe som shackels trown in for good measure! What I did not expect was a perfectly clean skeleton hanging from a piece of bright blue tow rope

So dusty old skeletons=perfectly acceptable, newly acquired clean skeletons=offensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

krudler wrote: »
    So dusty old skeletons=perfectly acceptable, newly acquired clean skeletons=offensive?

Yes - dusty, old, caracture style are in the spirit of Halloween, just in the same way as scary costumes, nails in the neck etc etc

A perfectly anatomically correct skeleton on a clean bright rope is not in any way abstract and was obviously put there to get attention for the pub which it has achieved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

You do know, that when bodies decompose, the bones aren't perfectly clean when the tissue eventually falls off? The only "perfectly clean skeleton" you'll get is one which has been carefully scraped, treated and cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

It wasnt suicide, just found out it was gang related :(
    JasonSkeletons.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

He must have robbed the golden fleece

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

close, he fleeced the golden grill.

Advertisement