Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carburator

• 25-10-2009 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

How do i prime a carburator

i have a cx 500 sports and the engien wont start it turns over okay

will start for a moment with a squirt of easy start

or any solutions?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

make sure the floats arent stuck, give the float bowl a gentle tap with somethin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

few slaps wont go astray. I used to bait me 125 all over the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

seanybiker wrote: »
    few slaps wont go astray. I used to bait me 125 all over the place

Is that a special code word for your missus ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

KTRIC wrote: »
    Is that a special code word for your missus ?
    Lol. Shhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

no scope wrote: »
    How do i prime a carburator

i have a cx 500 sports and the engien wont start it turns over okay

will start for a moment with a squirt of easy start

or any solutions?

Cheers in advance

before you go near the carbs . Check for a spark . take out a spark plug,put the plug cap on and hold the plug to the engine block to ground.

turn the engine and look for a healthy blue spark. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

guil wrote: »
    make sure the floats arent stuck, give the float bowl a gentle tap with somethin

+1. If it starts for a sec with Easi-Start and there is fuel in the tank (with the fuel tap switched on!) then its stuck floats and a gentle tap might free it. Otherwise its float bowl off time and on an old CX you'll need a fresh gasket if you open it. www.davidsilverspares.co.uk for any bits you need...

'cptr

Advertisement