Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster- won't post my tickets out to me

Options
  • 25-10-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought 2 Green Day tickets for a concert this Tue in Birmingham. I actually can't go now so I was going to try and sell my tickets online, but I've been waiting all week and they never arrived. I just checked the ticketmaster website today and they are saying to me that I must pick up my tickets at the concert box office on Tue. This is really frustrating as I can't sell them on now, but also because I paid for Fed Ex to post the tickets to me. Has this happened to anyone else? Am I entitled to a refund or anything?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You wouldn't be entitled to any sort of refund as you paid for the tickets and its not their faulty you can't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

It's too close to the event so they'll only have the option of collecting them, that's usual for ticketmaster - especially for international bookings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'd certainly be asking for a refund of the fedex charges at any rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

When did you actually order them? Were they supposed to be posted straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

I had to ring them about Josh Ritter tickets this week that were to be posted out. They matter of factly just said "collect them at the door on the night" . This was not what was arranged and there was absolutely no sign of an apology even when I said that I understood they would be posted out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I had a similar problem with going to a concert in the UK, basically i'd booked the wrong one (was Leeds not Reading!)

So rang seetickets.com and asked them to change the name over as i couldnt go !

They said no problem, at the end of the day they've still sold tickets.

Person i sold them too just had to show photo ID at the box office !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

kaji wrote: »
    Hi, I bought 2 Green Day tickets for a concert this Tue in Birmingham. I actually can't go now so I was going to try and sell my tickets online, but I've been waiting all week and they never arrived. I just checked the ticketmaster website today and they are saying to me that I must pick up my tickets at the concert box office on Tue. This is really frustrating as I can't sell them on now, but also because I paid for Fed Ex to post the tickets to me. Has this happened to anyone else? Am I entitled to a refund or anything?
    If you chose for your tickets to be posted out when purchasing the tickets then they should be posted out.

Advertisement