Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Travel card, Where to get ?

Options
  • 25-10-2009 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where do you get one of these if your not in Dublin city ?

do all college's do them ?

<--- Where i am.

Thanks

(cant get away with child fares anymore :rolleyes:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Not all do them. Colleges that do in it Dublin are DCU, TCD, DIT and maybe UCD. You can send away for it if you print out the form on their site and get two passport photos.

You're better off going to one of the colleges because they give it you instantly. It's costs €15 to get it done in DCU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

could one not be picked up in say a council office or some where along them lines ?

anybody get theirs that wasent from UCD, DIT ,TCD, DCU ???

Cheers again,

robbie_998 wrote: »
    could one not be picked up in say a council office or some where along them lines ?

anybody get theirs that wasent from UCD, DIT ,TCD, DCU ???

Cheers again,

I'm not a student of DCU at all. I just went into student union office and asked to apply for it.

I doubt you can pick one from council offices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There's a list of the express service locations here:

http://www.studenttravelcard.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=135

Btw, it's cheaper if you apply via post.

There's a list of the express service locations here:

http://www.studenttravelcard.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=135

Btw, it's cheaper if you apply via post.

Not really, adds up once you get passport photos done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

creggy wrote: »
    Not really, adds up once you get passport photos done.
    Yeah, but if you have a digital camera or webcam you can do them yourself quite easily.

It's only 3 euro extra of course and it's probably worth spending it to get the card now rather than waiting on the post. But if one didn't need the card immediately it would be cheaper to apply via post.

hhmmmm, im thinking maybe i'll just stroll into Trinity and get one off them.

anybody know where to go if i go in there ?

Cheers lads. I dont mind spending that lil extra to get it straight away, sure its only an extra €2/3.

Do they have application forms in there or do i have to print on off, printer is on the fritz.

Cheers.

They should have forms in there.

They should have forms in there.

i was in and out in 2 mins.

also got a doggie bag with the bus eireann dog on it :)

free Pot Noodle, nutri-Grain bar,3 €5 vouchers for bus eireann, €38 euro worth of vouchers for Burger King, A can of club orange, A student travel information pack and a large twix :D

robbie_998 wrote: »
    i was in and out in 2 mins.

also got a doggie bag with the bus eireann dog on it :)

free Pot Noodle, nutri-Grain bar,3 €5 vouchers for bus eireann, €38 euro worth of vouchers for Burger King, A can of club orange, A student travel information pack and a large twix :D
    Damn, they weren't giving any of that out at UCD when I got mine. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement