Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin Khao in Athlone

Options
  • 25-10-2009 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would post this up. Great restaurant... beautiful old building leaning on to the street! Great decor, pretty simple and sympathetic to it's character. Classic Thai red and yellow curries, great duck and fish dinners, big portions. Pricey enough, but the early bird is okish. Deffo a thumbs up from me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I couldn't agree more. It's a great restaurant. Possibly the best town centre restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭superdog

I always liked Kin Khao. They had some great beers to go with the dinner last time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

superdog wrote: »
    They had some great beers to go with the dinner last time too.

Wise man, beer is always better with Thai... I just had two tigers with it, what others do they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭superdog

lightening wrote: »
    Wise man, beer is always better with Thai... I just had two tigers with it, what others do they have?

There was a German wheatbeer/weissbier - an unusual choice to have with a thai. I tried it anyways - I think it was called schofferbrau. It went great with the thai, recommended but maybe not everyone's choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

This thread has made me want to go there! What kind of price range is it? I don't mind paying for quality food though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

From what I remember 8 to 12 Euro for starters and around 24 for mains, really good early bird deal as well.

Advertisement