Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A year ago today

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Gotta agree with Cunny here. I always loved Fighting games but Im not a huge gamer in general. Wasn't even aware there was a scene until I saw the thread in the forums forum. I was playing MvC2 and CvS2 offline. It was a sad existence. If it wasn't for this forum I'd prob be sitting on my own playing SF4 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm surprised cunny has the time to post with all those eircom adverts he's been staring in...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm surprised cunny has the time to post with all those eircom adverts he's been staring in...

So I'm not the only one who thought that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Wow, you read my mind! Conor, you need to start demanding royalties for that :D

Also my eircom router is broken, how do i fix it.......

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    In fairness I think there should have been a fighting game section on here years ago, its a travesty it took this long, have a look at the state of the other sub forums on here.
    That's dangerous territory you're wading into... Careful! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

omfg I don't feckin believe it! LOL, someone else said this to me the other day and all! Daaaaaamn youuuuuuuuu eircoooooooooooom!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

g'way outta that farz oh ye of little faith, :p

people on here just didn't start liking fighting games when sf4 came out. The forum would have raised awareness and unified irish players, eventually forming a scene. The amount of different Irish players I bumped into spread out over different areas , ggpo 2df, srk, capcomunity, etc etc is what led me to start seeing the potential for this forum, the impending SF4 release just gave an added reason for it.

In fairness I think there should have been a fighting game section on here years ago, its a travesty it took this long, have a look at the state of the other sub forums on here.

But anyway a fighting game section on here was always gonna help the scene, SF4's release speeded it up a little and had us all playing the same game, if this was here before sf4 there'd have seen a wider range of games being played. I really wanted this up before SF4 but at least we have it now.

I don't remember you opposing this forum, not thinking it'd work maybe, but out right opposing it not at all, if you had you'd be on my....list :mad: dun dun DUUUUUN. lol.

Any sort of online play - lagged to bits.
    PS2 versions - no online play

No youtube
    Blogs wernt that populated

wasnt happening. There was no hype/

huh? in 2008? Just what time frame are you talking about? No youtube? No blogs? wha????? Youtubes been going since 2005ish, SRK was around long before then.. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

huh? in 2008? Just what time frame are you talking about? No youtube? No blogs? wha????? Youtubes been going since 2005ish, SRK was around long before then.. :confused::confused:

soz i thought we were talking about when mvc2 and snk vs cap 2 etc were out, forgot thread title

anyway never mind, form is a success, good work eircom !!:):):):)

Oh I see, I was wondering..

Btw have you heard of our new talktime package?

:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement