Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a 5850?

Options
  • 25-10-2009 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

So, Been looking around, seems like nowhere has 5850s in stock atm >:(

Only place I can find are Komplett, but they are charging €263 for a Powercolour (ewwww) or a whopping €80 more for a Sapphire one at €344 :mad: It's €260 from Hardwareverand for an XFX one (dowant) but I don't think they have any in stock.

I mean, I know Sapphire are a good brand, but are powercolour really so bad it warrants €80 less?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

They were ~€210 on HWVS at one point. The prices just aren't worth it now :mad:

And IMHO Tul (Powercolor) are about as good as Sapphire anyway. No idea why on Earth the Sapphire would be so ungodly expensive, but I think we've already found that Komplett are really just taking the [CENSORED] at this point anyway! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Solitaire wrote: »
    They were ~€210 on HWVS at one point. The prices just aren't worth it now :mad:

And IMHO Tul (Powercolor) are about as good as Sapphire anyway. No idea why on Earth the Sapphire would be so ungodly expensive, but I think we've already found that Komplett are really just taking the [CENSORED] at this point anyway! :mad:
    Aye, i know they are a bit too much now because they are new and shiny! Still, at this point I might just bite the bullet and buy it anyway, as my poor ancient 8600GTS is slowly but surely dying :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Its just not worth paying over €250 for it IMHO. Hell, soon you could pick up a GTX285 cheaper! :mad:

Solitaire wrote: »
    Its just not worth paying over €250 for it IMHO. Hell, soon you could pick up a GTX285 cheaper! :mad:

Yes, but nVidia Suck :pac::pac::pac:

I'll probably not be getting one till after Xmas at any rate, or Hopefully just before Jan 1st (when the UK VAT goes back up).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

€239 if you're near a Peats branch. [Link]

• Advertisement

Awesome. There's one in Blanchardstown SC :D I have a mate who works 2 Mins from there, I'll make him pick one up for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Blanchardstown Peats wont have any,I was asking about the 5850 in Peats branch on Parnell street,they got 10 in earlier in the week AFAIK and they said that Blanch would only get them if they were ordered in by a customer but they will ship it out to blanchardstown for you,takes about 2-3 days IIRC

ohh, thanks for the heads up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Komplett have totally screwed up on 5870 and 5850 pricing even after its been brought to their attention, they still have insane prices.

Venom wrote: »
    Komplett have totally screwed up on 5870 and 5850 pricing even after its been brought to their attention, they still have insane prices.

Komplett are useless full stop. I've bought ONE thing from them and even then they messed it up, while I have never had any problems with ebuyer or Hardwareversand :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    Komplett are useless full stop. I've bought ONE thing from them and even then they messed it up, while I have never had any problems with ebuyer or Hardwareversand :)

Iv built about 8 PCs via Komplett parts and have had zero problems with them but their 58xx series pricing is BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    ohh, thanks for the heads up :D

No bother,they will usually take a 10% deposit on the part you are ordering too.

Advertisement