Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congratulations Rossi and Yamaha

• 25-10-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Congratulations to Valentino Rossi 7 time motogp/500cc champion. :D
    Yamaha have had the best bike this year too. :)
    Good challenge from Lorenzo but Rossi was to strong this year.
    Pity stoner was off his game and had to sit out a few races, he did an amazing job in Sepang this morning in the wet finishing way ahead of everyone.
    Good to see Rossi and Lorenzo coming through the field with Rossi shadowing Lorenzo until he was ready to make his move.

I'm wondering if i should make a dose Rossi deserve to be champion thread given he had the best bike and Stoner sat out 3 races and was struggling for another handful but I think I know what the answer would be :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Nine times world champion in fourteen seasons is an amazing achievement in itself, but to have won the championship the last two years when he has had competition like never before in the shape of Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa shows just how motivated he still is.
    He's now only one title behind Ago to be the most sucessful premier class rider of all time as well which I wouldn't say many would bet being equaled next season

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Bobby04

If it wasn't for Stoner's problems this year, it could well have been a different outcome, but I'm really pleased for Rossi. He's a legend.
    Roll on next year. Pedrosa & Stoner will sure as hell keep him honest again.

Bobby04 wrote: »
    If it wasn't for Stoner's problems this year, it could well have been a different outcome, but I'm really pleased for Rossi. He's a legend.
    Roll on next year. Pedrosa & Stoner will sure as hell keep him honest again.

I don't think Stoner's illness made too much of a difference to the championship this season in terms of Rossi winning it. At the start of the season when Stoner was racing he was still well behind Vale in the champiosnship table and looking much the same as the end of last season when he had numerous crashes to his cost in the title race. He didn't appear as at ease with the bike as in his championship year and as he has in the three races since coming back from his Summer off. Stoner will be great competition next year because he will finish strong now and will have regained a lot of his confidence from the Philip Island race especially and now he goes to Valencia where he has always been fast ever since his rookie year in 250s in 2002

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Great weekend topping off a great year for Yamaha wss,wsbk and MotoGp tiles and many more national championships.

Pity about the rain for the Gp race could have been a thriller in the dry (The 125cc and 250cc races were awesome) but hats off to Stoner he went for the correct setup and made a show of the rest of the field in terrible conditions.

As for Vale what can you say except what an amazing career it's been a joy watching him since the first time i seen him win a race.

Next year the Motogp field will surely be one of the strongest ever and i for one can't wait.

Don't forget Valencia will be the last ever 250cc race and according to Toby Moody William Dunlop will be racing there as a wild card although on a pretty poor bike, but still cool to see a Dunlop back in Gp racing.

Grim. wrote: »
    Don't forget Valencia will be the last ever 250cc race and according to Toby Moody William Dunlop will be racing there as a wild card although on a pretty poor bike, but still cool to see a Dunlop back in Gp racing.
    What bike is Dunlop riding? Is it his own Honda or did he strike a deal with a GP team to ride?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

Everytime Rossi wins a championship,I have visions of someone at Honda getting a good kick up the a**.They let him go because they didn't want to pay him.They thought it was their bikes that won championships,not the rider.
    How many championships have they won since Rossi joined what was an uncompetitive Yamaha team :P:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

frostie500 wrote: »
    What bike is Dunlop riding? Is it his own Honda or did he strike a deal with a GP team to ride?

not sure what his riding to be honest

[EDIT] found a article http://www.bikesportnews.com/articles/article.html?id=DUNLOP_TO_MAKE_MOTOGP_DEBUT_AT_VALENCIA_1&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=rss
    Ballymoney's William Dunlop will makes his MotoGP 250cc debut at the Valencian finale next month before going on to race in the Spanish Supersport series.

Dunlop, who will ride the trusty PJ Flynn 250cc Honda, will have Mark Kelly as his right hand man at the event, one in which Dunlop says is a dream come true.

Then, one week later, Dunlopwill take part in the Supersport 600 round of the Spanish Championships on the Veidec Racing Honda CBR600R which has been campaigned on all season by Robbin Harms in the World Supersport Championship.

"This is really like a dream come true for me. To get a ride in a World 250GP Race is very daunting, frightening in fact, but also extremely exciting," said the youngster.

"I got the news last Friday evening that I had been excepted to ride in the world round, and once I heard it my legs went like jelly. I did not push the races at the Sunflower too hard as I had this event in the back of my mind and I did not want to fall off and jeopardise the whole trip.

"I will be away for about three weeks in total, so I have just to finalise the boats from here to France, and then the long drive down to Valencia after that. Brian McCormick is going to lend me his lorry for the trip, so I am very grateful to him for allowing me its use. Chances like this don't come round that often, well, probably never again to be honest, so its my aim to make the best of them both."

Advertisement