Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DartManiacs Monday League report

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

As a borough leage lad in exile in the rebel county, these reports bring the league into my front room, brilliant to read bout Billy matt winning, not bad for an auld lad, hope the league finishes soon, its near pigeon racing time and we wont see billy for a while and Bullett and Lar still playing, do they wheel these lads out in a wheelchair week after week.

keep up the great work Maniac

Dicie

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DartManiac

The second half of an intriguing season starts tonight,and I'm in Ballybrack for the game between the Igo and the Lough[A].The Igo are having a decent season to date and lie just behind the leading 5 teams.A win tonight would see them rekindle their slim hopes of title glory.The Lough meanwhile are attempting to rebound from a pair of damaging defeats to the Tassie's A and B teams.With the Noggin creeping back into contention and the Tassie[A] boys hitting overdrive,Leo Murphy's team could ill afford another defeat.Mick Kane was limbering up when I arrived,looking in good form,and he was joined by his teammates at 9.45.After the greetings and formalities were over,battle commenced a 10pm-
    Gavin O Toole 2 v Mick Kane 1.
    Gavin is quickly into his stride,knocking in a 140 and a 125 on his way to securing the opening leg in 21 arrows.Mick levels matters on double 5 after Gavin hits the wrong double,but the Igo man makes light of it by blitzing in an 18 darter,which included 2 tons and a 139.Mick was lurking on 82 in a quality opener.
    Gavin Merrigan 0 v Paddy Byrne 2.
    Paddy hits 123,140 en route to taking out 86 in a clinical 17 darter.Gavin then has a chance to square things,but spurns his chance at double 11,and Paddy makes him pay with a top lipstick kill.

Wayne Colgan 1 v Lar Bryan 2.
    Wayne hits a 121,but its not enough to prevent Lar from taking the opening leg on 10s in 21 darts.We went to a decider after Wayne edged a tight second leg on double 5.The ex teammates then had a real tussle in that decider with both having chances,however Lar nailed the winning double 2 to give the visitors a 2-1 lead.

Jimmy Noonan 1 v John Ross Crangle 2.
    John Ross takes a rather scrappy opener on double 2,and takes command of the second with a 137.But Jimmy digs deep and fights back,levelling on double top.The decider is up for grabs until a brilliant 82 finish on the bull,gives JR the spoils.

Paul Levins 1 v Kevin O Callaghan 2.
    Paul nails 3 tons in the opener to give himself a pop at tops.He misses however and is made to pay
    dearly as Kev wipes out a ton finish in 18 classy darts.The Igo man hits back with a 75 kill on tops to take us all the way.Some sublime throwing sees both lads down to a finish in 18 spears,and once again it goes the Lough's way as Kevin takes out double 8 in 19 darts.A high class encounter indeed.

Mick Hennessy 0 v Mark Ennis 2.
    Any hopes of an Igo revival are crushed,as Mark puts in a flawless performance.The treble 20 takes a hammering as he takes just 35 arrows in total to win the two legs.A stunned Mick hits 2 tons in the 2nd leg but its nowhere near enough.Game over.

Haggle Hennessy 1 v Leo Murphy 2.
    Leo takes out double 10 after a ton and a 121,before Haggle levels with a 70 outshot.The Igo captain turns it on in the decider,hitting 2 tons and a 99 before sealing the deal in 20 darts on double 10.

Noel Keating 0 v Tony Taite 2.
    Tony puts the icing on the cake with a convincing win over Noel.Doubles 15 and 8 makes it 7-1.

180s-None tonight.
    Man of the match-Mark Ennis[Brilliant darts from the fiery Lough pitcher].
    Game of the night-Dead heat between Gavin O Toole/Mick Kane and Paul Levins/Kevin O Callaghan[Both crackers].
    Foodwatch-Red hot sossy and chips,luvly jubbly.

So a comfortable win in the end for the Lough team.They were razor sharp on their finishing tonight,which of course is what wins matches.There were some outstanding individual performances this evening,with Mark Ennis the pick of a very good bunch.When Mark is not so hard on himself he can really play.His young teammate,Kevin O Callaghan is really finding his feet with the Lough[A] now and he is a player with a bright future.The Igo too have a young player of real quality in Gavin O Toole,who displayed great composure to defeat the 5 time singles champ,Mick Kane.He should take plenty from this win.The Lough must continue to play to their strengths if they are to lift the title at seasons end.When they gel together they are a top top team.It will boil down to their games with the other contenders,and I cant wait for those encounters.The Igo didn't play too badly this evening,but just need to start hitting those crucial doubles.They should finish in the top 6 this season,which would be a decent effort.

Finally,just to let you guys know,there are 8 spots left in the Silver Tassie doubles comp on Sat March 19th.Its gonna be a fantastic day out,so get your team in now.Contact Paul on 0868636974.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

another good report. Thanks. Enjoy reading about any darts game especially when it is reported well.

Thanks for the supportive comments guys.I really enjoy covering these games,and it's great to see so many promising players out there.I admire all the competitors in the leagues,cos it takes bottle to stand there and play for your team.Win or lose you guys keep coming back for more,and you should all be proud of that.I 'd like to think some day we might produce a top Irish pro from the league.The Borough league has the potential to become a real hotbed for young darting talent and hopefully that will happen.

DartManiac wrote: »
    Thanks for the supportive comments guys.I really enjoy covering these games,and it's great to see so many promising players out there.I admire all the competitors in the leagues,cos it takes bottle to stand there and play for your team.Win or lose you guys keep coming back for more,and you should all be proud of that.I 'd like to think some day we might produce a top Irish pro from the league.The Borough league has the potential to become a real hotbed for young darting talent and hopefully that will happen.

Just my own opinion, but the borough league had a chance with more than 1 player to make him an established name within the game of darts. Iv seen 1st hand how good some of these lads can be, i doubt at the time dave kellaghan was playing at the top of his game many in this country could match him, likewise with Ciaran mc grath was also at the time playing outstanding.

But other things take over, lads get married, have familys and all of a sudden they can not commit the time and energy playing at the level they have reached.

Billy Matthews proved how good the borough leage was by winning his way thru a field of near 600 players to win his spot at the grand prix and in my opinion, it was very well deserved, Mick Kane is another fine example of a proper darts player, but, the next step is so so hard to take, other things have to be sacrificed, instead of going out with your mates on a saturday you find you have to drive around the country or further afield to the uk to play a competition, and with the cost of the PDC circuit (£100) per event, it would not take many 1st round exits (and they wud happen at the beginning) to make you second guess your own ability.

There is always the other way, go thru the INDO circuit, play county darts, then kick on to INDO singles and doubles events. Cheaper option, but still not cheap.

I admire any player that gets off his back side and goes and gives it 100%, i do laugh at some lads as they talk about these players behind there backs, the likes of "What does he think hes at" or the one "Sure im better than him"............................... Nothing stopping anyone from chasing a dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

Dicie wrote: »
    Just my own opinion, but the borough league had a chance with more than 1 player to make him an established name within the game of darts. Iv seen 1st hand how good some of these lads can be, i doubt at the time dave kellaghan was playing at the top of his game many in this country could match him, likewise with Ciaran mc grath was also at the time playing outstanding.

But other things take over, lads get married, have familys and all of a sudden they can not commit the time and energy playing at the level they have reached.

Billy Matthews proved how good the borough leage was by winning his way thru a field of near 600 players to win his spot at the grand prix and in my opinion, it was very well deserved, Mick Kane is another fine example of a proper darts player, but, the next step is so so hard to take, other things have to be sacrificed, instead of going out with your mates on a saturday you find you have to drive around the country or further afield to the uk to play a competition, and with the cost of the PDC circuit (£100) per event, it would not take many 1st round exits (and they wud happen at the beginning) to make you second guess your own ability.

There is always the other way, go thru the INDO circuit, play county darts, then kick on to INDO singles and doubles events. Cheaper option, but still not cheap.

I admire any player that gets off his back side and goes and gives it 100%, i do laugh at some lads as they talk about these players behind there backs, the likes of "What does he think hes at" or the one "Sure im better than him"............................... Nothing stopping anyone from chasing a dream!
    fair play my feeling's exactly dicie i ony had a debate n the pub on monday about your last point "icu" lol, but your right it's so expensive personally i think mick kane if interested and practised and had the finances is by far the best player in the borough and prob will be for a few years yet also with dave and ciaran i played with both for a few years two super players. but some super young players coming through so there's always hope:)

wayne76 wrote: »
    fair play my feeling's exactly dicie i ony had a debate n the pub on monday about your last point "icu" lol, but your right it's so expensive personally i think mick kane if interested and practised and had the finances is by far the best player in the borough and prob will be for a few years yet also with dave and ciaran i played with both for a few years two super players. but some super young players coming through so there's always hope:)

Mick has always been a great player, maybe a bit settled now thou, all this travelling is a young mans game, but he has the darts to beat anyone.

Shane Ryan/Joe fagan wud be 2 lads iv heard nothing but good things about, but, and i mean this in th nicest possible way, competitions wont come and be played in your kitchen, gotta make the odd sacrifice and go and give them ago, and dont listen to them that will knock you, and there will be plenty of them around.

Kevin (ton machine) came to a few events, he came to the biggest of em in kells last yr, the round robin and im sure he was impressed with the standard, cause it is very very high at these events.

But the rewards are great, just ask Shane o connor who won that event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Dicie wrote: »
    Mick has always been a great player, maybe a bit settled now thou, all this travelling is a young mans game, but he has the darts to beat anyone.

Shane Ryan/Joe fagan wud be 2 lads iv heard nothing but good things about, but, and i mean this in th nicest possible way, competitions wont come and be played in your kitchen, gotta make the odd sacrifice and go and give them ago, and dont listen to them that will knock you, and there will be plenty of them around.

Kevin (ton machine) came to a few events, he came to the biggest of em in kells last yr, the round robin and im sure he was impressed with the standard, cause it is very very high at these events.

But the rewards are great, just ask Shane o connor who won that event

i'l hopefully be making a better effort this year when college is over can concentrate more on my darts.i completely agree with you dicie everyone can throw 180's for fun in the kitchen but will get you no were you need to be playing against better players then yourself. since i have started playing in the two leagues i have noticed that my darts have got alot better and am much more relaxed playing in front of alot of people.

hopefully in the next few years i'll be joining the irish lads in the PDC and getting stuck in with the best of them

Mick Kane 2 - 0 Joe Fagan
    Great game to start tonight between two of the best players in the league. Mick wins first leg with 2 tons and a 135 while Joe hit back with a 140 and 2 85's and missed a dart tops before Mick gets a D9. Mick gets off to a flyer in 2nd leg with 2 140's and a ton while Joe struggles to get back at him, Mick finishes the game off with a D4 after missing 2 darts previous and take the leg in 17 darts. Good start for the Lough.

Lar Bryan 0 - 2 PJ Bryan
    2nd game of the night was as high a quality as the 1st and although Lar scored well he just couldn't hit that double missing 6 darts after scoring 125,2x100's and a 97 but PJ as always came back and took the leg with a clinical dart on D10for a 20 darter after hitting a 125 and a 95. The 2nd leg was to be near the same as the first with Lar hitting 2x81's,134 and a 137 but that double eluded him again with another 6 shots to claim a leg and PJ with consistent scores of 85,97,93 and a 100 came back once again with another 20 darter to show why he's been singles champion the past 2 seasons. BHFC back in it at 1-1

Billy Matthews 0-2 Thomas Smith
    The 3rd game again was full of quality and the Fishermans wonder signing came up trumps against a Borough league legend who would be losing for the first time all season. In the first leg both players were hitting consistent scores of 80+ but Tommy on 130 hit treble 20 then a single and nailed bullseye for a cracking finish with 21 darts with Billy sitting on 58. The 2nd leg was a cracker with Billy getting 140,100 and 85 but Tommy blasted a crucial 180 at the right time and took out 55 in 2 darts for a 17 dart finish and the Fishermans had taken the lead 2-1.

Dave Kelleghan 2-0 Mark Cranley
    Dave starts off well with 60,100,45,125 but Mark fights back after a sloppy opening with 81,95,81 and misses 4 darts to take the leg but Dave eventually finishes up on D10. Dave once again starts the 2nd leg brightly as Mark struggles to produce his best form and it is 'Bullet' who takes the leg on D16 and gets the match back level.

Kevin O'Callaghan 0-2 Anto Lynch
    Kevin hits some consistent scoring and gets a 140 to leave him on 88 while Anto after hitting 2x100's leaves himself on 160 and duly obliges with a fantastic outshot! Once again consistent scoring by both players and after Anto misses tops he lets Kevin in but he misses his chance and Anto take sout D10 to the delight of the Fishermans club and they take a lead of 3-2 into the last 3 games.

Mark Ennis 2-1 Paddy Scanlon
    Mark takes the early initiative and wins the 2st leg after a couple of 100+ scores and a D4 checkout. Paddy fights back in the 2nd to level the game after both players miss chances and its into a nervy deciding leg. A win in this leg would have guaranteed a point for BHFC but Mark was having none of it and polished off the game with 18 darts after Paddy struggled to find his range. Vital victory for the Lough and now 3-3 and its getting nervy!!!

Paddy Byrne 2-0 Willie Murphy
    Both players start the leg with some inconsistency but Paddy bursts into life after he takes out a 121 finish in 21 darts and take the game by the scruff. Willie despite hitting 100 struggles to find the treble as Paddy's consistency around the 20's are crucial and the Lough Inn new boy hits tops in 19 darts this time to take the 2nd leg and put the Lough within touching distance of them vital 2 points and guarentee them at least 1.

Leo Murphy 2-0 Barry Murphy
    The 2 captains face off in the most nervy game i've witnessed form both these players and understandable with the circumstances surrounding them. Both get off quite well with Leo's early 100 matched by a 160 from Barry but Leo knuckled down and grabbed the 1st leg just as Barry was creeping down to a double. The 2nd leg really was nervy! Both players struggled with there game as the tension showed and in the end it was Leo who once again came out with the finish to leave BHFC pointless whilst grabbing a huge 2 pts for the Lough.

A cracking game between two very good teams with some pretty high scoring with 40 scores in the match of 100 or more over the 17 legs including 160,130 and 121 checkouts and a sole 180 for Thomas Smith.

Man of the Match: Thomas Smith
    Game of the Night: Kevin O'Callaghan v Anto Lynch. Had everything big scores, missed doubles and big finishes
    Sandwiches: Ham,Cheese,Egg Mayo and a few King crisps. Not badrolleyes.gif

I'd like to thank my deputy maniac for writing up this excellent report.Fair play to you John Ross,even an oul foodwatch report!I was at a Cheltenham preview on Monday night,which I had to attend,so this is much appreciated.Anyway for all you punters out there here's what the panel at the preview went for.Tranquil Sea[Ryanair Chase]-Reve De Sivola[Spinal Research Chase]-Cue Card[Supreme Nov Hdl]-Big Zeb[Champion Chase]-Big Bucks[World Hurdle]-Celtus[Fred Winter Nov Hdl].

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 paddyscan

hey paul, its paddy scanlon ( tubes) can you put myself and my uncle down for the doubles in the tassie cheers pal

No probs Paddy.You're in.

Hello again darts fans,it's off to the Noggin tonight for the top game this Monday.Reigning champions,the Noggin Hunters,are playing host to the current league fruntrunners,the Tassie[A].Both teams have made a comeback of sorts following an indifferent start to the current campaign.As I say the Tassie are atop of the mountain at the moment,but are surrounded by 4 other teams,each well capable of lifting the league title come season's end.One of those teams are the Hunters,who have steadily crept into contention once again,and will be in no mood to relinquish their crown.I travelled to the venue with the Tassie lads,who seemed focussed for the challenge,and we arrived at 9.45.After the meeting and greeting the teams prepared for battle-

Alan Kelly 0 v Ben Prenter 2.
    Ben wins a scrappy encounter in which neither player hits top form.Kellier has his moments,but Ben hits the decisive doubles 4 and 10 to give the visitors the perfect start.
    Jimmy Byrne 0 v Stephen Andrews 2.
    Stephen nicks a tight opener on double 4,then in a quality 2nd leg,with both men tickling the lipstick,Jimmy squanders 3 chances at 16s allowing Stephen to wipe out 80 in 21 spears.
    Mark Mulvaney 2 v Bill Bailey 0.
    Mark hits a ton and 125 in the opening leg yet Bill nearly steals it from nowhere.A last gasp double 2 gives Mark the lead,and he doesnt look back from there.A superb 18 darter leaves Bill feeling blue,and puts the Hunters on the board.
    Tom Hennessy 1 v Andy Lacey 2.
    Andy takes a tight opener on double 10 in 23 arrows,but Tom hits back to level things with a double 16 kill.The crucial decider looks like its going Tom's way after a brace of tons from the Noggin man,but Andy applies pressure with some solid scoring of his own,and when Tom misses tops,Andy pounces on double 16,much to the delight of the Tassie faithful.
    John Crangle 0 v Gary Gregory 2.
    John starts well with a 140 and an 81,and has his chance at the top lipstick.He misses however and Gary doesn't need to be asked twice and pops the double top.The Tassie man settles down and hits a pair of tons and a 125 on his way to eventually securing the win on double 2.4-1 Tassie.

John Cummins 1 v Peter Rowe 2.
    The Noggin captain explodes into action with a brilliant 18 darter,punctuated by a 76 outshot on tops.The Phantom has to survive 4 scares before levelling things on double 5 in a high scoring 2nd leg.Both men went at it hard in the decider,but the throw to the bull proved decisive as Peter held his nerve to take out 10s in 19 arrows.John was lurking on 24.Game over.
    Jack Roche 1 v Wayne Gallagher 2.
    The match may have been over,but these 2 lads gave us a fine match.A classy 80 finish put Wayne 1 up,before Jack nailed a 21 darter to level things.The decider was all Wayne as he took out a 21 darter himself on double 5.

Kevin O Connell 0 v John Kenny 2.
    The misery continues for the champs as John cruises to a 2 nil win.It's not happening for Kevin and 2 solid legs from John,including a 22 darter in the 2nd leg gives the Tassie an impressive 7-1 victory.

180s-None tonight.
    Game of the night-John Cummins/Peter Rowe[John almost gave the hosts a lifeline,but a brilliant 19 darter sealed the win for the Tassie.
    Man of the match-Andy Lacey/Peter Rowe[Andy's win against a quality player gave the visitors some vital breathing space,while Peter snuffed out any hopes of a Noggin revival.
    Foodwatch-Panic was beginning to set in at 11.20,but when the grub arrived it was tasty-Ham,chicken,tuna and cheese sambos.

A great result tonight for the Tassie[A].I thought coming here that a draw was on the cards,or at least a very tight encounter.It was however,in truth,quite onesided.Noggin captain,John Cummins felt that his team's finishing had let them down,however they seemed to lack any real belief this evening.Maybe if Tom Hennessy's game had gone their way,the momentum would have shifted,but it didn't and the Tassie ran out worthy winners.This win will give the league leaders a massive boost as they press on in search of their first league crown.There's a fair way to go yet and they are mindful of taking one game at a time.Their three closest pursuers all won last night,so any slip up could see a change at the top.But at the moment their destiny is in their own hands.The Noggin lads need to pick themselves up quickly and try if they can to go unbeaten for the rest of the campaign.That's the stark reality for them if they are to have any chance of retaining their crown.Even then they will need results to go their way.

Hello and welcome once again darts fans to the Monday report.But before that,just a few words about last Saturday's doubles tournament in the Silver Tassie.From the feedback I've been getting it seems that most people who attended had an enjoyable afternoon.From my point of view I couldn't have wished for it to go any smoother.There was some outstanding darts played and the order the players were given made me proud to be a part of the Borough league.I could not have run this event without the help of a lot of people.Joe Hayes and Tony Maher done a lot of work getting the 8 boards set up,while I was astounded by the amount of people willing to call or mark the games.Those ould drink vouchers are deadly!Seriously though,and most importantly,I want to thank those who took part,cos you guys are the stars of the show and I really appreciated your support.Congratulations to Chris and Donie,who were magic on the day and thoroughly deserved their victory.This is just the first of many events I hope to run,and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.
    And so on to tonight's very important encounter between the Lough[A] and the Farm[Red].Both teams are right in the hunt for title honours and this game may prove pivotal at the end of the season.The Farm lads arrived at 9.45 and seemed to have most of their key players,although Deano Sebastian was not with them.The Lough team were at full strength with a nice blend of experience and up and coming players,eager to get it on as they say.The game began at 10.05 when Mick Kane and Gary Healy were called to the oche-
    Mick Kane 2 v Gary Healy 0.
    A quality opening game with both lads peppering the treble 20.A 20 darter seals the opener for Mick,before a hattrick of tons sets up an opportunity for the Farm captain to level.He spurns 3 pops allowing Mick in to finish double 10 in 21 spears.
    Dave Kellaghan 0 V Shane Ryan 2.
    Shane blitzes the treble 20,but some slipshod finishing allows Dave a chance to sneak the opener.He misses a set up single however and Shane is relieved to take out 4s in 22 arrows.2 tons and a 125 help Shane give the Farm a foothold in the match by nailing the top lipstick.
    Mark Ennis 2 v Angus Fleming 0.
    Both lads had shots to take the opening leg,with Mark eventually finishing double 2.Then in a sensational 2nd leg Gussie hit 2 140s to Mark's one as the gloves came off.The Farm man left 36 after 12 spears,but incredibly he missed 6 tries at a double.Mark to his credit had kept in touch with some fine darts of his own and was right there to punish Gussie by hitting 16s in 17 darts.A class game.
    Lar Bryan 2 v Ollie Smails 0.
    Lar takes the opener with a sweet 69 outshot,then starts 100-140 to set up a clear lead in the 2nd leg.He starts to lose concentration however and Ollie gets a chance to steal the leg.Sadly for the Farm chucker he fails to take his opportunity and Lar eventually gets the winning double 4.
    Kevin O Callaghan 1 v Jimmy McGuinness 2.
    Jimmy took a scrappy and quite tense opener on double 10,before the Lough young gun struck back with a sizzling 19 darter.Jimmy kept his cool and rose to the challenge,hitting a brace of tons and a 140 to leave Kevin trailing in the decider.Double 10 sealed the victory and put the game back in the melting pot.
    Billy Matthews 0 v Dan Boyce 2.
    Dan flys out of the gate with a 140 and 125 to stun Billy,before taking the opener on tops in 19 arrows.The second leg is much closer,but when Billy missed an opportunity to level Dan pounced on double 16 in 21 darts.3-3 now and its hotting up.
    Paddy Byrne 2 v Gary Murphy 0.
    Gary starts fast with 100-140-99 and looks poised to take the opener.He gets stuck on the dreaded double 3 however and Paddy gets back into the leg.What followed would be comical if it wasn't so important as both lads seemed to forget how to throw darts.Eventually after at least 15 attempts Paddy put an end to the leg on double 8.The 2nd leg was a complete polar opposite from Paddy's point of view as he clinically took the game with a classy 19 darter.I felt sorry for young Gary,but he's a good pitcher.
    John Ross Crange 2 v Charlo Dunne 0.
    Once again the Farm player had ample opportunities to take the first leg,but passed them up allowing JR to get out of jail on double 1.And just as in the previous game the Lough pitcher suddenly found his form.A perfectly timed 133 set up a double 10 kill in 20 darts,thus sealing a potentially crucial win.

Man Of The Match-Mark Ennis[won a seriously top class leg and was there to make Gussie pay for missing his doubles]
    180S-Incredibly none this evening,but stacks of 140s.
    Foodwatch-Nice array of sambo's.I tried 2 egg ones and I'm so far so good!

Tonights game had everything you could want in a borough league match featuring two quality outfits.There was some blistering scoring but also some vulnerability when it came to hitting doubles.It seemed as though the Lough were on their way to a relatively comfortable win when they went 3 one up,but the Farm lads showed plenty of heart,and no lack of skill to claw their way back into the game.The first leg of the seventh game was pivotal,and after Paddy had been gifted it,things turned back in the Lough's favour.A draw may have been an appropriate result,but at this level you can't give a team like the Lough any favours.They'll take those chances with open arms.With the Silver Tassie[A] losing tonight,the league pendulum has swung back in favour of the Lough lads,but every week is important from now on,and any one of 4 from the Lough,The Tassie[A],The Farm[Red]and the Bray fishermen can win this league.It's too tricky to call just now but by god it's exciting.Until next week,may the darts be with you.

and again the curse of DM strikes me and my doubles again :p

Things are really beginning to hot up at the top end of the table now.A missed double here or there can prove fatal such is the tightness of things.We've had a few different pacesetters this season and at the moment it's the Lough[A]s turn at the top.Can they stay there or will they be overtaken by a strong finishing side?These questions will be answered in time, but for now each team must take one match at a time.The game tonight,between the Farm[Red] and the Silver Tassie[A] is a biggee for both teams.A win for either is essential with the Lough boys hitting top form.I travelled to the Farm with the Tassie squad,and they seemed well motivated for their assignment.They were still smarting from last weeks defeat to a resurgent Enniskerry,and were looking to get back to winning ways.We arrived at 9.45 and proceedings got under way at 10-

Angus Fleming 2 v Ben Prenter 0.
    Strangely subdued game as both lads give each other too much respect.A 140 in the opener gives Gus the edge and he takes it on double 10.Ben has a 140 of his own in the 2nd leg but misses 3 darts at a double,allowing Gus in to kill 64 on tops.
    Shane Ryan 2 v John Kenny 0.
    Shane takes the opener with ease on double 4 as John struggles for form.The 2nd leg is closer as John strings a few scores together,but Shane always has the edge and makes it 2 nil with a 22 darter.
    Dan Boyce 2 v Andy Lacey 1.
    Dan takes a tight opener on lucky double 13 after Andy misses 3 pops.The Tassie finally win a leg as Andy levels with double 4.The decider sees Dan hit his stride to give the Farm a commanding lead,as he nails double 18 in 20 arrows.
    Jimmy McGuinness 0 v Peter Rowe 2.
    The Phantom gives the Tassie hope as he defeats a below par Jimmy with finishes on double 2 and double 5.
    Gary Healy 1 v Mick Cummins 2.
    Gary takes the opener on double 2 with the help of a 140.Then in a stunning leg of darts Mick pulverises the lipstick,hitting a max and a 140 before leaving an attempt for a 12 darter on the wire of the bull.The Tassie man eventually takes out double 2 in 20 darts before starting the decider 121-100 as Gary tries in vain to stay in touch.Mick secures the win on double 15 with a 22 darter.Tremendous scoring.
    Ollie Smails 2 v Gary Gregory 0.
    Solid opener from the Farm man gets it done in 23 darts.Gary hits 100-134 and 121,but Ollie remains calm in the face of this burst,to see off Gary on double top.He enjoyed the win I THINK!!
    Gary Murphy 0 v Ste Andrews 2.
    The treble 20 takes a battering from both lads,but Stephen is clinical in taking the opener on double 10 in 18 spears.Gary bravely hits a brace of tons in the 2nd leg,but is completely overwhelmed by some blistering shooting from the Tassie man.A 140 sets up a classy 94 outshot as Stephen makes it 4-3 in 17 darts.All to play for now.
    Charlo Dunne 2 v Andy Poole 0.
    A cracking atmosphere for the last game of the evening.Andy has 6 chances to take the opener,but lets Charlo in to take out tops.Andy hits a pair of tons in the 2nd leg,but Charlo is on top of things with some solid darts of his own,and seals the victory on double 12.Cue mayhem!

180s-Mick the Magnet.
    Man Of The Match-Stephen Andrews was outstanding,but for the home team I'll go with Ollie Smails.Kept his cool under pressure[But then again that's for tyres!]
    Foodwatch-Sausages and chips.mmmmassive.I'm easily pleased!

A cracking result for the Farm young guns tonight.This win keeps them very much in the title hunt.After a dream start it looked as though the Tassie were applying some serious pressure on them.Indeed at 3-2 I thought a Tassie win was a distinct possibility.However Ollie Smails dug deep and saw off Gary Gregory in a pivotal game.They still had work to do after Ste Andrews hit back with some sublime darts,but all credit to Charlo Dunne as he saw off Andy Poole in a nervewracking final game.The Farm have some real strength in depth these days,which is what any team aspiring to win the league needs.As I say,they are right in the thick of things now,but must continue to focus on one game at a time.They can't control what other teams do.As for the Tassie,this defeat will sting big time,but they must remember they still have to play the league leaders,who consolidated their position tonight with a solid 5 nil win.A win against the Lough would bring them back into it,no doubt about it.There's some way to go yet and I'm sure there will be some twists before the trophies are dished out.Adios.

Welcome once again to the Monday report folks.This week I'm in Nancy Murphy's in Enniskerry for an intriguing clash between the Lough[A] and the steadily improving Enniskerry team.I travelled with the Lough lads and they were accutely aware of the threat that Enniskerry posed.Their previous encounter was very competitive and I felt this evening could see something similar.The Lough had their usual strong squad and we arrived at the venue at 9.50.Dave Corcoran and Mick Kane were first into battle in front of an enthusiastic audience-
    Dave Corcoran 0 v Mick Kane 2.
    5 times singles champ is in devastating form,hitting a max in both legs.A double 5 kill in the opener is followed by a brilliant 92 finish in 15 darts to give the visitors the perfect start.Both teams admire a master at work.
    Paul Byrne 2 v Lar Bryan 0.
    A brilliant response from the Enniskerry man,as he wins a high class encounter against one of the Lough's key players.140s and tons fly in from both lads but its Paul's sharper finishing that wins the day.21 and 18 darts is all it takes.
    Richie Kavanagh 1 v Dave Kellaghan 2.
    Richie takes the opener with 3 tons and a double 5 finish,then Bullet levels things after a host of chances go abegging.Richie is left regretting these missed chances when Bullet takes the decider on double 5.
    Sean McCabe 1 v Mark Ennis 2.
    Mark goes 1 up courtesy of a double 16 finish,then Sean hits back to level things after a 140 ton combo sets up a double 12 kill.The decider is a close call as Sean leaves himself 60,but the Lough man wipes out 70 in smooth fashion to put daylight between the teams.
    Deano Doran 1 v Kevin O Callaghan 2.
    Deano nicks a tight opener on tops with the help of a 140,then Kevin hits a 137 to set up a sublime 80 outshot.A vital decider goes Kevins way as he nails two eights in 23 arrows,with Deano left to regret 2 missed chances at tops and 10s.
    Paddy Corcoran jr 2 v Billy Matthews 1.
    Billy goes one up with a 19s kill,despite a brace of tons from Paddy.He fights back to square things as Billy misses 4 darts to win the game.The decider sees Paddy hit a ton-140 to Billy's 2 tons,then a fine 72 finish[18 darts] under pressure from Paddy breathes life into the home team once more.
    Paddy Corcoran snr 2 v Tony Geraghty 0.
    Its tight and tense as Paddy keeps the ball rolling for Enniskerry.Tony struggles to make an impact,and Paddy makes him pay with finishes on double's 2 and 6.
    Mossy O Shea 0 v John Ross Crangle 2.
    Credit to both players as they produce some fine darts under intense pressure.Solid scoring all round,but JR shows the greater composure to seal an excellent win for the Lough.Double 16 in the opener followed by a superb 19 darter gives the league leaders plenty to cheer about.

Man of the match-Mick Kane.Top class arrows from a borough league legend.
    180s-2 from Mick.
    Foodwatch-Very basic,and not very many.

A very interesting evenings entertainment,although I doubt Lough captain Leo Murphy will think it was entertaining.Having survived some early scares,it seemed as though the visitors would record a convincing win when they went 4-1 up.But a lot of credit must go to the Enniskerry lads,who showed real battling qualities to take it to a deciding game.There were some fantastic darts to begin with,as Mick Kane and Dave Corcoran played a cracking opener.2 maximums from Mick was something special.Then later in the evening,Paddy Corcoran sr almost brought the house down when just missing tops for a 160 finish.In the end it was a vital win for the Lough.It keeps them in pole position to claim this years league title.Tonight's game was a potential banana skin for them,and now that they're over it they will be very hard to beat.Enniskerry showed once again that they are a threat to all,and maybe next year,with the addition of a couple of new players they can go close to winning the league.Until next week slan.

We're approaching the home stretch in this year's Monday night league,and at the moment it's the Lough[A] who are leading the chasing pack,which comprises the Bray Fishermen,the Farm[Red],the Tassie[A],the Noggin Hunters and Enniskerry.Obviously,it's in the Lough's hands now,for if they win their remaining games they will be crowned champions.However,they have a couple of tricky games ahead against the Tassie[A] and the Noggin Hunters,who both have an outside chance of pinching the title.Tonight's featured game,between the Bray Fishermen and the Tassie[A],should give us an idea of who may be the Lough's main threat.I travelled to Bray with the Tassie lads,and we arrived refreshingly early at 9.40.The Bray lads were in full flow preparing for the tough game ahead.After a spot of banter and a tipple or two,proceedings began at 10pm-

PJ Bryan 2 v Ste Andrews 1.
    A rematch of the Borough singles final of 2009,and it's PJ who's off to a flier,hitting 2 tons and a 125 prior to taking out double 5 in 18 crisp arrows.Ste hits back with a brace of tons himself and a clinical 80 finish in 20 darts to send us to a decider.It's a real nip and tuck affair,but Ste leaves 2 on the wire of 18s,allowing PJ the opportunity to take out double 4 for the first point of the evening.
    Thomas Smyth 2 v Andy Poole 1.
    Thomas is on the wire of double 6 for a 126 out,and Andy pounces on double 18 to take the opener in 22.Then Thomas levels things on double 9 with the help of 2 tons along the way.The Bray man hits his stride in the decider,nailing a 125 and 140 before putting the home team 2 up in 19 spears.
    Joe Fagan 0 v Ken Kane 2.
    Former singles champ,Ken,takes the opener in a sizzling 19 darts.The 2nd leg is tight,but when Joe misses 2 pops at 19s,Ken siezes his chance to nail double 9,and puts the visitors on the board.
    Paddy Scanlon 0 v Bill Bailey 2.
    Bill takes the opener in 24 darts,hitting a 140 along the way.Paddy misses tops for a 120 outshot to level things and Bill is in no mood to give him another go as he nails tops himself to level the match.
    Anto Lynch 1 v Andy Lacey 2.
    Anto hits 2 tons and a 97 on his way to finishing double 6 in 21 darts.Andy digs in to take us to a decider with a tops kill in 22.The decider is high pressure stuff where Anto hits a ton and a 140,but it's not enough to prevent Andy from nailing tops to give the Tassie a vital lead heading into the back 3.
    Mark Cranley 1 v Gary Gregory 2.
    The first two legs are shared after both lads hit the top lipstick,Then in an intense struggle,where both players cane the treble 20,Mark goes in for 44 to level the match.Unbelievably he busts the score,giving Gary the chance to take out tops and send the Tassie lads wild with delight.
    Stephen McCormack 1 v Ben Prenter 2.
    Stephen takes the opener on double 2,before Ben repays the compliment with a double 2 finish of his own.In yet another fantastic decider,both lads give their all,hitting a 140 apiece before Ben took out a smooth 83 finish in 17 brilliant darts to secure a great win for the Tassie.
    Paul Devlin 0 v John Kenny 2.
    Toffo can't secure a consolation point,as John proves too consistent on the red bit.He hits the winning double 16 in 23 darts to put the icing on the Tassie cake.

180s-None tonight.
    Man of the match-Andy Lacey/Gary Gregory-Hard to separate these 2,who both won pivotal games under intense pressure.
    Foodwatch-Took it's time arriving,but it was worth it-Chipper chips and sausages,mmm sweet.

What a cracking atmosphere tonight,as both teams got right behind their players.It appeared early on as though the Bray lads would gain a stranglehold on the game,but full credit must go to the Tassie lads,who never gave up,and with the full support of their whole squad,they lifted themselves off the canvas and came back swinging.Ken Kane and Bill Bailey stayed composed as they brought the visitors back from the brink,then 2 young guns,Andy Lacey and Gary Gregory,won 2 crucial games to put them in control.It was left to the classy Ben Prenter to deliver the killing blow with a blistering 17 darter.I dont know what effect this result will have ultimately,but I know the Tassie boys still fancy their chances of upsetting the Lough when they meet in a few weeks time.They will have to win their other games aswell,but at least they've put themselves in the title picture once more.The Bray lads must be disappointed with how things turned out,having led 2 nil on their home patch.They can consider themselves slightly unlucky,as key players,Anto Lynch and Mark Cranley both had opportunities to secure a point.Had they done so things may have gone their way.As regards their title chances,it is a fairly damaging defeat,and they are now relying on results going their way if they are to challenge once more.On an evening where the Farm[Red] were beaten by the Noggin,it appears as though the Lough's nearest pursuers are finding the heat too much.The Lough,meanwhile had a comfortable win tonight against the Gallops,where I believe Lar Bryan had a magic 10 darter.Congratulations to him,that's some shooting.Until next week adios.

I'm back in the Fishermen's club again this Monday,for their game against the Igo Inn.It will be interesting to see if last week's defeat at the hands of the Tassie[A] has had a detrimental effect on them.The Igo were missing some key players for their visit,but are a decent side,well capable of holding their own against the better teams.I travelled to Bray with the Igo lads,and they were reasonably optimistic about getting a result,but knew it would be tough against a quality outfit like the Fishermen.We arrived just before ten,and the game began a short time later when Joe Fagan and Paul Weafer were called to the oche-
    Joe Fagan 2 v Paul Weafer 1.
    Joe explodes into action with a fabulous 17 darter to take the opener.The tiptop scoring continues in the next leg,with tons and 140s flowing freely,as Paul eventually levels the game on the madhouse.Joe starts the decider with a 140 and a brace of tons,and despite a few missed doubles,he deservedly nails two 4s and puts the home team one up.
    Barry Murphy 2 v Gavin O Toole 1.
    2 tons and a 98 puts Gavin in control of the opener,which he takes on double 2 after Barry narrowly fails to hit a 108 finish.Two tons and a 99 puts the Igo marksman on the brink of victory,but 4 missed opportunities allows the solid scoring Bray captain to level on the top lipstick.The decider is tight and tense with both lads scoring solidly.However a crucial missed double 10 from Gavin allows Barry to pounce with a winning double 9 kill.
    Thomas Smyth 2 v Mick Hennessy 1.
    Mick takes the opener on double 8 in 23 darts,hitting a 140 along the way.Thomas then goes into overdrive,blistering the treble 20,before taking out a cool 80 finish in 15 darts to level things.The Igo veteran digs deep in the decider,hitting a 140,but he cant prevent this brilliant player from taking the match on double 10 in 18 quality darts.
    Paddy Scanlon 0 v Wayne Colgan 2.
    A solid performance from Wayne here,as his consistent scoring proves too much for a misfiring Paddy.Doubles 15 and tops keeps the visitors interested.
    Anto Lynch 2 v Jimmy Noonan 0.
    A messy enough contest,with neither player at their best.Anto takes the opener on double 16.Then in a better 2nd leg, a 140 and 100 sets up the win for the Bray man as he takes out double 5.
    Stephen McCormack 0 v Gavin Merrigan 2.
    A 140 and 95 helps Gavin take the opener on double 16.Then in an awesome display of powerscoring,Gavin obliterates the red bit,hitting 140-121 and 177 setting up a brilliant 13 dart finish on double 10.Terrific performance.Stephen can only look on in admiration.
    Mark Cranley 2 v Craig Hennessy 0.
    A 140 and 98 from Haggle is not enough to prevent a solid scoring Mark from taking the opener in 22 arrows.Haggle hits another 140 in the 2nd leg,but once again it goes the Bray arrowsmith's way.After a host of missed doubles from both guys,Mark eventually ends proceedings on the madhouse.Game over.
    Paul Tobin 2 v John Grassick 1.
    A quite remarkable encounter here,between 2 darting legends.The packed house were enthralled as these two titans went head to head.Greengrass was first to strike,nailing double 15 in 11 darts,before the Bison roared back with an 11 darter of his own,hitting double 18 with his 2nd try.With the crowd at fever pitch,these darting wizards gave everyone a decider to remember.Once again the treble 20 bed took a fierce hammering as both guys raced down to a double in 9 darts,but under tremendous pressure it was the Bison who emerged victorious hitting double 10 in 10 arrows.John could only applaud these superb darts as he waited on two 16s.Quite remarkable stuff,and a game that will live long in everyone's memory.

180s-14[7 each for the Bison and Greengrass].Oh and a 177 from Gavin Merrigan.
    Man of the match-Thomas Smyth,Gavin Merrigan and John Grassick were brilliant,but it has to be the Bison.
    Foodwatch-Chips and sausages.I didn't come here just for the darts!!

A thoroughly enjoyable evening tonight,as it always is here in the Fisherman's.Nice lads,who know how to enjoy themselves and give great support,while also showing total respect for their opponents.The service was exemplary as usual,with Rose doing the bizzo behind the counter.The game itself was never seriously in doubt I felt after Thomas Smyth had seen off the valiant challenge of Mick Hennessy.There were some brilliant performances on both sides,in particular from Gavin Merrigan and Thomas Smyth.And yes,even though I hammed it up,the Bison played nicely,in between fits of giggles!!This win keeps the Bray lads in position to capitalise on any mistakes from the leaders,who were comfortable 6-2 winners this evening.The Igo nearly got back into it,but left themselves too much to do against a quality team.They remain in mid table,but will surely improve next term,when hopefully all their signed players will be available to play.Until next week,enjoy your darts.

• Advertisement

I'm in the Lough Inn tonight for a potentially pivotal game between the league leaders,the Lough[A] and 2nd placed Tassie[A].The home team were looking to take a major step towards winning the league,while a resurgent Tassie team were looking to keep their title dreams alive.I arrived early to find the Lough lads in full swing,in preparation for the game to come.The Premier league was on,with the Power once again showing why he's still the best in the business.The Tassie lads arrived at 9.45,and they too had a full strength squad.Mick Kane and Ken Kane were called to the oche at 10 and away we went-
    Mick Kane 1 v Ken Kane 2.
    Mick hits a max with his first 3 arrows and wins the leg with a double 10 kill in 18 darts.Ken survives 6 match darts from Mick to take us to a decider on the top lipstick.It looks as though it's going Mick's way when he begins 120-140,but incredibly he leaves at least 12 on the wire of various doubles,allowing a grateful Ken to take the game on tops once again.
    Lar Bryan 2 v Ste Andrews 0.
    Lar takes the opener in comfortable fashion in 22 darts on double 10.Ste hits a brace of tons in the 2nd leg,but is trumped by a pair of 140s from Lar.The Lough man seals the win eventually on double 4 in 21 darts.
    Mark Ennis 2 v Bill Bailey 0.
    A brilliant 132 sets up a double 16 finish in the opener for Mark.Then a 140-135 blitz leaves Bill trailing in Mark's wake,before the Lough man takes out tops in a stylish 16 darts.
    Dave Kellaghan 0 v Ben Prenter 2.
    Ben wins a dodgy opener on double 16 as both lads struggle for form.The Tassie man grows in confidence,nailing a maximum on his way to a deadly 17 darter,leaving us all square at 2 apiece.
    Paddy Byrne 0 v Andy Lacey 2.
    Andy takes the opener on tops in 22 darts,with the help of a pair of 125s,after Paddy missed a single pop at 18s.Andy nails a ton and 140 on his way to a 20 dart finish on double 9,thus giving the visitors a 3-2 advantage.
    Billy Matthews 0 v Mick Cummins 2.
    A 140 and a 125 gives Mick the edge in the opener,before he seals it on double 10.The Tassie arrowsmith continues to apply the heat in the 2nd leg,and has a shot at 18s for an 18 darter.He misses the opportunity,allowing Billy 3 at tops,which he in turn misses.Mick doesn't turn down his 2nd opportunity and keeps the ball rolling for the Tassie with a pressure double 8 kill.
    JR Crangle 0 v Gary Gregory 2.
    2 tons and a 96 outshot gives Gary the opener in 21 darts.JR digs deep,hitting a 95 and 97,while Gary replies with a 140.JR then has a shot at 12s,but cant hit it,allowing Gary in to seal a famous win on double 8.
    Kevin O Callaghan 2 v Andy Poole 0.
    A brilliant display from Kevin,but it's all too late.He takes the opener with a 91 finish in 18 darts,then wraps things up on double 10 in 22.It's small consolation for the Lough though.

180s-Mick Kane,Ben Prenter.
    Man of the match-Andy Lacey/Mick Cummins[Both played solid stuff under intense pressure]
    Foodwatch-Ham and cheese sambo's,Yippee!

What a game that was,and what a cracking atmosphere.The Tassie lads must take tremendous credit for a gutsy,never say die performance.When Mark Ennis fired the Lough into a 2-1 lead I feared the worst for the visitor's.With class players such as Bullet Kellaghan,Paddy Byrne etc still to come,the situation appeared ominous for the Tassie.However,one by one,beginning with Ben Prenter they stood up to be counted,and eventually secured a tremendous victory.This win breathes new life into the conclusion of this year's league,with both the Tassie and the Bray Fishermen,now within a point of the leaders.Of course it's still in the Lough's hands,and they will be crowned champions should they win their remaining games.It wont be easy,that's for certain,but the two chasing teams must also win their remaining games to have any chance of leapfrogging them.It's squeaky bum time for the three contenders,and I can't wait to see which way it goes.Until next week,keep on nailing that lipstick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 robbie180

so were is the dart maniac going tomorow nite ??????

robbie180 wrote: »
    so were is the dart maniac going tomorow nite ??????

if i were to bet either tassie b/lough or bray/noggin

Once again I made the journey to the Fisherman's club,for the most intriguing game of the week.They have moved to within a point of the Lough and tonight play host to a steadily improving Noggin team.Last week's win by the Tassie has brought 3 teams back into the title race,and tonight's protagonists are 2 of them.I arrived at the venue at 9 o clock and was warmly greeted by Paul Devlin.What a gentleman!The visitor's arrived at 9.55 and we kicked off 15 minutes later-
    PJ Bryan 0 v Joe McKeever 2.
    A 140 apiece in the opening leg,which Joe takes in 18 darts,punctuated by a sweet 86 outshot.The expected fightback from PJ never materialises,and Joe deservedly clinches the game on double 4.
    Thomas Smyth 2 v Jimmy Byrne 0.
    Smythy blitzes in a pair of 140s on his way to taking the opener in 20 darts.The 2nd leg is closer,and Jimmy gets 1 at double 4,but misses his opportunity,and Thomas sinks two 10s to level the match.
    Joe Fagan 2 v Tom Hennessy 0.
    Joe nails a classy 92 finish to go one up,before both lads trade big scores in an exciting 2nd leg.Once again though it's Joe who gets the better of things and wraps it up on double 9 in 19 spears.
    Barry Murphy 0 v Mark Mulvaney 2.
    Mark takes the opening leg in comfortable fashion on double 16.Barry tries to get into it in the 2nd leg,but Mark simply has too much firepower.Three tons and a 78 finish in 18 darts emphasises the Noggin man's class.
    Anto Lynch 2 John Crangle 1.
    Despite a 121 in the opener from John,it's Anto who takes it on double 4 in 23 darts.John fights back to level things on tops after Anto missed 2 at tops himself.The decider is close until a 140-ton combo from the Bray man leaves him in position to kill the top lipstick.3-2 Bray.
    Mark Crangle 1 v John Cummins 2.
    John takes the opener on double 9 with the help of a 140,before the Bomb levels matters with a double top finish.Both lads score well in the decider,but it's the Noggin arrowsmith who clinches a vital win on double 4 as Mark waits on 64.
    Willie Murphy 0 v Alan Kelly jr 2.
    A rather nervy opener here as both lads struggle to hit the red bit.Willie hits a ton late on,but young Kelly takes it on tops.Then a ton -85 start to the 2nd leg puts Alan in control and he eventually takes the game on double 4 to put the Noggin 4-3 ahead.
    Paddy Scanlon 0 v Alan Kelly snr 2.
    A ton-85 combo helps the elder Kelly take the opener on double 10.Then Alan has a 135 in the 2nd leg,before Paddy gets back into it with some solid scoring.The Bray man misses 4 darts to level things and Alan makes him pay by nailing double 5 for a great win.

180s-None tonight.
    Man of the match-Joe McKeever[Joe gives the visitors the perfect start defeating Bray's main man].
    Foodwatch-Lovely chipper chips and sausages.Gives you a terrible thirst though!

A significant result tonight,with the Noggin Hunter's putting themselves back in the title hunt.They are 5 points behind the Lough I know,but they have a game in hand and still have to play the league leaders.Should they win their remaining games they will go close to retaining their crown.As for the Fishermen,they could ill afford to lose this home game,particularly at this stage of the season.They too must win their remaining games ,while hoping the teams around them slip up.Hard to see it though.The Lough had a comfortable win this evening,as did the Tassie[A],so at the moment it looks between the Lough,the Tassie and the Noggin.Who's your money on?

This week I'm taking a break from the giddy heights of the league summit,to focus on the local derby game between the Tassieand Mickey Byrne's.Both team's have struggled for consistency over the course of the season,but at times have played some outstanding darts.I'm hoping to see some quality on display tonight from both teams with little pressure on them.I arrived at 9.30,just as the "A" team were departing for their game against the Ivory in Dalkey.There was a nice relaxed atmosphere in the bar,with the Liverpool fans wollowing in their side's 5-2 demolition of Fulham.The Rover's fans were happy too with a satisfactory o-o draw in Inchicore.The game began at 10.15 when Danny Lynch and Ste Knight were called to the line-

Danny Lynch 1 v Ste Knight 2.
    Danny pinches the opener on tops after Ste misses 3 pops at the same double.The tassie's lead man hits a ton and a pair of 85s in the 2nd leg,but it's not enough to prevent Ste from levelling things on double 8 in 22 darts.The decider is a close affair with both players having their moments,but when Danny misses double 9,Ste steps in to polish off double 8 to put the visitor's one up.
    Hubert Kelly 1 v Skinny White 2.
    2 ballymun's from Hubert in the opener,but double trouble for the Tassie man allows Skinny to nick it on double 5.Both lads score well in the second stanza,and Skinny repays Hubert's generosity by missing 3 at tops to seal it.A double 10 kill from Hubert sends us to a decider.It looks like going the home team's way until a catalogue of missed doubles allows Skinny to fall over the line on double 4.
    Robbie Smith 2 v Sean Spain 0.
    A scrappy encounter here,as both lads struggle to hit the lipstick.A classy 100 outshot from Robbie takes the opener,then a double 2 kill in the second leg puts the Tassie on the board.
    Andy O Toole 0 v Donal O Toole 2.
    Donal flies out of the traps with a ton-140-ton blitz.Andy responds with a 140 of his own,but it's too late as Donal nails double 10 in a classy 19 arrows.The second leg is a cracker,with both lads scoring well.A 140-97 combo from Andy sets up a poke at the bull.He fails in his attempt and Donal cooly steps in to take out 88 in 21 darts.
    Peter Duffy 1 v Chris Boyce 2.
    Chris takes a tight opener on the top lipstick after Peter had spurned darts at 8s and 4s.The Tassie man recovers well to level matters in a fine 23 darts on tops.There's little to separate them in the decider until a brace of tons gives Chris the edge and he eventually seals the win on double 10 to give the visitor's a commanding lead.
    Tony Maher 2 v Dick Brady 0.
    2 tons and an 81 in the opener from Tony sets him up for a double 10 finish in 22 solid darts, as Dick struggles to land a blow.Dick hits a 105 in the 2nd leg and pushes Tony close,but it's the Tassie stalwart who stands firm,hitting the madhouse to keep the game alive.
    Paddy Peacock 1 v Paul O Carroll 2.
    A 122 from Paddy proves decisive as he takes the opener on double 12.Paul digs in to level things on double 6,despite a 134 from Paddy.The decider is up for grabs,with both lads having numerous opportunities to take it.However the dice rolls Paul's way,and he secures the win for the visitor's on double 4.
    Joe Hayes 2 v John O Carroll 0.
    The Tassie captain gives the scoreline a better look with a solid display to see off young John.A 140 in the opener is followed by a double 18 kill.He then wraps it up on double 8 after John misses a pop at tops.

Man of the match-Donal O Toole[Classy performance from this improving player,wins both legs in a combined 40 darts.]
    180's-None tonight.
    Foodwatch-Chicken and ham sambo's with a big bag of crisps with them.Very nice.

A competitive game this evening,between two evenly matched teams.Mickey Byrne's deserved their win,but as happens in a lot of these mid table games,it usually boils down to a bit of luck on the double's.The Tassie's frustration at missed doubles was tangible,but that's a huge part of what separates the top teams from the rest.Mickey Byrne's have a fine team spirit,with a few very promising players such as Donal O Toole,Chris Boyce and Ste Knight.I look forward to watching their progress throughout the singles,doubles and the following season.The Tassie have shown some smart form in patches,but all too often their lack of consistency on the outer ring has let them down.They went agonisingly close to reaching the cup final and maybe they'll have better luck in the single's and double's.As regards the league standing's,it's as you were at the top.Both the Tassie[A] and the Lough registered comprehensive 6-2 wins against the Ivory and the Farm[Blue].However last week's featured winner's,the Noggin Hunter's suffered a 5-3 reverse at the hands of Enniskerry,who are poking their noses into the race for 3rd spot.Before I sign off,I've been asked to mention a qualifying tournament run over 5 weeks,beginning Thurs May 12th,taking place in Clanna Gael Fontenoy.There will be 2 winner's every week[10 after 5 week's],who will go on to play Phil"The Power" Taylor or Dennis Priestley on Tues June 28th.Until next week keep them in the red bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dicky89

Great reports this season mate been great to read keep up the good work

• Advertisement

It's the penultimate week of this year's Monday night league,and I'm down in the Silver Tassie once again for the Tassie[A]/Farm
    [Blue]game.The Tassie must win tonight if they are to keep their title hopes alive.The Farm are certainly no mugs,with quality
    players amongst their squad,and they know they can have a say in the outcome of this years shebang.The Tassie were well aware of
    the threat they posed and were treating them with the respect they deserved.I arrived at 9.25 and was pleasantly surprised to find
    the Farm lads in the bar and ready for action.As usual there was a bit of craic going on amongst the teams,but things got serious
    when Ken Kane and Mark Roe were called into battle-

Ken Kane 2 v Mark Roe 0.
    Ken strikes first,taking the opener on double 16 eventually,after missing the bull for an 18 darter.The 2nd leg sees both lads
    struggle for consistency,but once again it's the Tassie man's finishing which proves decisive,as he nails tops for the opening
    point.
    Andy Lacey 1 v Kevin Lacey 2.
    Kevin secures the opener on double 16 as Andy fails to spark.A 121-100 from Kevin sets up the chance for a 2 nil win,but he blows
    2 at tops to allow Andy to square things on 16s.The decider is extremely tense as the brothers struggle for consistency,and after
    numerous missed doubles it's Kevin who secures the win[and the bragging rights!]on double 10.
    Gary Gregory 2 v Ben FitzPatrick 1.
    The tension is evident once again in the opening leg of this encounter,as both lads,while scoring solidly,struggle on their
    doubles.Gary eventually nails double 2 to go one up.The 2nd leg sees Ben at his best,hitting a 140 and 123 before levelling things
    on double 16 in a classy 19 arrows.Things got tense once again in the decider,with both lads possibly trying too hard to make
    things happen.It boiled down to a shootout on the double,and thankfully for the Tassie it was Gary who got there first,with a
    double 4 kill at the 6th attempt.
    Peter Rowe 2 v Paul Barr 0.
    The Phantom hits a brace of tons on his way to taking the opener on tops in 23 solid darts.Paul digs in with some solid darts in
    the 2nd leg to give himself the chance to level.He spurns his opportunity however,and the Phantom strikes on double 9 to put the
    Tassie
    3-1 up.
    Stephen Andrews 2 v Peter Coleman 0.
    Stephen's on cruise control in the opener,hitting a ton-137 combo before taking out double 16.Peter battles away in the 2nd
    leg,but can't stop the Tassie man from securing the victory on double 4.
    Bill Bailey 2 v Myles Healy 1.
    A brace of tons from the Farm captain helps him to secure the opener on double 10 as Bill is badly out of range.Myles looks set to
    get a point back when hitting a 125 and a ton,but Bill suddenly wakes up and fires back with a ton-97 salvo to set up a tops kill
    in 20 arrows.Despite some enthusiastic support from his team mates,Myles can't stem the tide,and Bill wraps things up in a solid
    25 darts,once again on the top lipstick.Game over.
    Clive Devlin 2 v Dave Barr 1.
    Clive's got the eye in as he takes the opener in good style on double 18 in 23 darts.He should really have wrapped things up in
    the next leg after hitting a 140-97 combo,but peppered the wire of the doubles,allowing Dave to nick the leg on tops.The decider
    was up for grabs all the way,but when Dave missed a few pops,Clive made him pay by nailing double 2.
    Will Devlin 1 v Tony Hill 2.
    End of the night stuff,as both lads go through the motions.Tony gets a consolation point on the board with finishes on double 12
    and 13.

Man of the match-Bill Bailey[Woke up just in time to secure a vital 2 points for the Tassie.].
    180s-Not tonight Josephine.
    Foodwatch-Ham and turkey sambo's-with crisps.And some had Nobby's Nuts!

Job done for the Tassie tonight,as the victory took precedence over the performance.The tension was evident tonight as most of the
    Tassie lads struggled for fluency.That's totally understandable as far as I'm concerned,as they knew a win was vital to keep the
    pressure on the Lough going into the final week.The Farm had an opportunity to take a 2-1 lead this evening,and had they done
    so,who knows what would have happened.They rather capitulated after the Tassie secured a 3-1 lead,allowing the home team to coast
    home in the end.It's all to play for now going in to the final week,with the Lough clinging onto a 1 point lead.They must face
    last year's champions,the Noggin Hunter's,knowing a win will give them the league title.The Tassie meanwhile face a tricky
    assignment away to the Eagles,knowing nothing but a win will suffice.It's sure to be a manic Monday,so stay tuned to this
    station!Until next week,maximum respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Tassie A are at home to the Eagles next week Mr maniac,Both sides at home next monday.

Well,this is it folks,the final week of a pulsating 2010/11 season of Monday night darts action..This year's league has had many
    pretenders to league glory,such as the Farm[Red],the Fishermen and the Noggin Hunter's,but ultimately it has boiled down to the
    Lough[A] and the Tassie[A] in a battle for supremacy.I'm in the Lough tonight to see if they can make it over the winning
    line,having led for much of the 2nd half of the campaign.They carry a 1 point lead into tonight's vital fixture against reigning
    champs,the Noggin Hunter's,so there's no room for slip ups,as the Tassie look strong favourites to see off the Eagle's.I arrived
    to find the Lough boys in remarkably relaxed mood.You'd hardly know the league was at stake listening to the banter.But I sensed
    the tension mounting when the Hunter's arrived for this intriguing encounter,and it was squeaky bum time at 10 past 10-
    Mick Kane 2 v Jack Roche 1.
    Mick hits a brace of tons and a 140,but some uncharacteristic misses on the outer ring allows Jack to nick the opener on double
    15.The Lough man shows no ill effects as he blitzes the red bit to level matters in 17 deadly arrows.Jack throws a ton-135 combo
    in the decider and asks the question.But Mick answers with a 140-ton of his own,before a sublime 115 outshot on tops in 18 darts
    lands the opening blow for the Lough.
    Lar Bryan 2 v Tom Hennessy 1.
    A tight opener goes Lar's way,as he finishes tops after Tom had missed a pop at 16s.Then Lar starts to cane the treble 20,hitting
    121-140 and 81 in consecutive throws to leave Tom trailing.However, a handful of missed chances gives Tom the opportunity to
    square the game with a clinical 100 outshot.Some high scoring from Lar,including a 140 and 100,gave him the edge in an exciting
    finale.Tom was right behind him on double 16 when Lar put the lights out on 16s himself.
    Mark Ennis 2 v Alan Kelly jr 1.
    Mark took the opener in a smooth 20 darts,which included a 135 and 100.Indeed it seemed as though the Lough man would end
    proceedings swiftly when he hit a 125-ton followed by a brilliant 134 to set up tops in the next leg.However he couldn't nail a
    winning double and Alan,all credit to him,made him pay by taking out the awkward double 15 to send us to yet another decider.Both
    men nailed a 140 in that decider,but the advantage of throw gave Mark a decisive edge,Still he had to remain cool under pressure
    as Alan stayed on his tail,and he did so with a deadly 76 kill to put the hosts 3 up.
    Kevin O Callaghan 0 v Mark Mulvaney 2.
    Mark goes one up in 20 darts with a sweet 90 outshot on 18s.Kevin tries to hit back with some solid scoring,but Mark is in
    murderous form on the treble lipstick.A 180-140-99 blitz sets up a 13 dart kill on double 10,as poor Kevin looks on with just 66
    on the board.Fantastic leg.
    Dave Kellaghan 0 v Jimmy Byrne 2.
    A brace of tons and a double top finish sees the opener go Jimmy's way,although Bullet had 4 darts of his own to seal it.Solid
    scoring from the Noggin stalwart of 83-125-99 and 86 puts him in the driving seat in the 2nd stanza.He then proceeded to miss tops
    and 10s as Bullet closed in.But just in the nick of time Jimmy nailed a decisive double 5 with Bullet on a 2 darter.Things are
    coming to the boil now.
    Billy Matthews 2 v Joe McKeever 0.
    A quite mesmerising opening leg from both players,as the gloves came off in thrilling fashion.The treble 20 took an absolute
    hammering with Joe hitting two 140s,while Billy went one better,hitting a 180 and 140.As if that wasn't enough,Billy takes out an
    ice cool 72 finish with Joe waiting to pounce on tops.What a magic leg,and the second one was a bit tasty aswell,with both lads
    hitting a ton to start,however Billy began to take control with another ton and a 92 to set up a double 16 kill,which gave the
    Lough some breathing space.Just 34 darts for both legs combined.
    Tony Geraghty 2 v John Cummins 1.
    John is in no mood to surrender and sticks in a pair of 125s and then takes out double 10 in a clinical 20 darts.The Noggin
    captain continues to score freely,hitting a 140 and 88,while Tony finds it hard to make things happen.But just when it seemed
    over,John began to miss doubles,8 to be precise at double 16,allowing Tony to climb off the floor and pinch the leg on tops.It was
    like a weight off Tony's back,and he finally began to believe in himself,hitting scores of 125-81 and 86 just as John began to
    wilt.Finally after 26 games,and 7 months of action,the decisive double was hit,when Tony buried the double 4,along with the hopes
    of the Tassie[A].Cue wild celebrations.
    Peadar Taite 2 v Liam Forde 1.
    Peadar puts the icing on the cake as he hits a magical maximum on his way to taking the opener on double 4.Noggin veteran Liam
    shows true fighting spirit to level things on double 11,which received as big a cheer as Tony's winning double.However it's the
    Lough man who appropriately seals the final victory, on a famous night for the team,with a double 10 finish.

180s-3 tonight[Mark Mulvaney,Billy Matthews and Peadar Taite].
    Man of the match-A few worthy candidates tonight,and while Mark Mulvaney's 13 darter was class,and Mick Kane's power scoring was
    awesome,I'll just edge it to Billy Matthews for his brilliance under pressure in setting up Tony for the win.
    Foodwatch-Some nice ham,cheese and egg and onion sambo's.Something for everyone!

Well,that's it for another year folks.It feels like only last week that I was reporting on a famous league win for the
    Noggin.Their tenure as Monday night kings has come to an end,and it's time to celebrate our new champions,the excellent Lough[A]
    team.They are certainly worthy winners in my opinion,having been at or near the summit all season.They've had a couple of reverses
    during the year,but on each occasion have come back stronger,and with more resolve than ever.They could have succumbed to the
    pressure of needing to win tonight against the outgoing champs,but instead they stood up defiantly to a fiesty effort from the
    Hunter's.There's no point in singling out any particular player for praise,as I genuinely feel they've all contributed greatly to
    their success this year.I want to offer my commiserations to the Silver Tassie[A],who took it right to the wire with some stunning
    play over the past 2 months.They have a team which is chock a block with talent,and if they stay together will surely challenge
    again next season.Praise must also go to the Fishermen and the Farm[Red],who were right in the fight until wilting late on in the
    battle.The Noggin and Enniskerry,while always dangerous,never really threatened to reach the top this season.However I'm sure
    they'll rattle a few cages next term.And to all the Monday night players out there,thank you for giving me so much
    enjoyment,reporting on your games.I've made a lot of friends during the year in my roll as the Dartmaniac.Thanks for the many
    lifts I received to and from games and I look forward to seeing you all at the Borough league singles.Now who's gonna win that I
    wonder!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kwontastic

On behalf of the tassie i would like to congratulate the lough on winning the league.. was a great season hope its as good next season well done.. cheers DM for all your reports as well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tooler87

Looking forward to another year of reports :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭scouser22

Tooler87 wrote: »
    Looking forward to another year of reports :D
    heard he was down the tassie but maybe he wont report cause of all the sh1t that went on from certain folk heard it was bang out of order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 beach boy

scouser22 wrote: »
    heard he was down the tassie but maybe he wont report cause of all the sh1t that went on from certain folk heard it was bang out of order

or maybe the tassie a bribed him not to put it up because they were under par :eek:

The waiting's over fellow maniac's,as the greatest show in the borough gets under way this evening.It's the 2011/2012 Monday darts league.And what an intriguing season we have ahead of us.There has been much banter regarding who will step up to the plate[or the oche if you like!]and go head to head with the Lough[A].There are no shortage of decent teams out there,who no doubt believe they can wrest the title this year.Teams like last year's runner's up,the Tassie[A],the Fishermen,Rathnew,the Noggin,and new boys, Bakers,will fancy their chances,yet the Lough will not surrender their crown easily.There has been some activity in the transfer market during the summer break,and this may have a bearing on things,but we will find out just how much as the season progresses.Anyway I want to wish all the teams in this years league the very best of luck.Play well and do your best,but most importantly enjoy the craic with your mates.
    For my first report of the season I've come to the Silver Tassie for the game between the 2 resident Monday night teams.Last years runner's up will be looking for a sharp start to the season,with a couple of eyecatching new signings bolstering an already formidable squad of pitchers.The Tassie ,who have also dabbled in the transfer market,will be looking to get some momentum going early in the seaon,with a decent result tonight.I arrived at 9.30 to find both teams limbering up on the open board prior to a 9.40 start-
    Mick Cummins 0 v John Devlin 2.
    Dream start for John as he rattles in a max with his first 3 darts.Mick fights back to make the leg tight,but John nicks it on double 19.John unbelievably kicks off with another full house in leg 2,and this enables him to take a significant lead to the kill zone.Mick wasn't done for just yet and almost pulled off a brilliant 161 outshot,with his 3rd dart drifting just wide of the bull.Sensing it may be his last shot,John stepped up and wiped out double 7 to give the underdogs an early lead.
    Mark Ennis 2 v Eamon Whelan 0.
    A ton-140 combo gives Mark the edge in the opener,and he takes it in a solid 20 arrows.Both men are in the zone in the following leg,with Mark nailing a 121 and 140,only for Tassie new boy Eamon to counter with 120-81-100.But it was singles champ Mark who got first pop at a double,and he calmly hit double 10 to bring the Tassie[A] level.Nice debut from Eamon though.
    Andy Lacey 2 v Andy O Toole 1.
    Andy OT launches a frenzied attack on the treble 20 with scores of 100-125-140,before securing the opener on double 8.Young Lacey shows great composure and fires in two tons before just missing tops for a 118 finish.Nevertheless,he levels things on double 10.Then Andy L drops downstairs for a pair of 96s and back up for a ton,as Andy O T tries to stay in touch.Although he scores reasonably well it's the Tassie[A] man who has the edge and takes the match on 16s in 22 solid arrows.
    Gary Gregory 1 v Tony Maher 2.
    Tony starts well and reaches a double in 18 darts,but a 139 from Gary applies the squeeze.Tony is off target with tops and 10s allowing Gary to take the opening leg on double 4.The Tassie stalwart is stung into action and produces a blistering 17 darter,featuring 3 tons and a smart 90 kill.The decider proves to be a tight affair as both lads strain for the big scores.Tony manages a 121-99 salvo,which is countered by a run of 82-85-95-81 from Gary.Indeed it was Gary who had a pop at 19s for the match,only for his effort to drift into a single.Tony knew it was now or never and he grabbed his chance by nailing double 5 with his last arrow.
    Bill Bailey 1 v Hubert Kelly 2.
    It's all Bill in the opener as Hubert struggles for consistency.A 125 and ton help Bill to a 21 darter.Bill hits 2 more tons in the 2nd leg,as Hubert begins to find the range on the lipstick.A 140-85 combo gives Hubert a slight edge and he levels matters on 16s.The decider was all about who took out their double first,pure and simple.Both lads had their chances as the tension mounted,but eventually the ball bounced Huberts way and he took out double 5 to give the B team an unexpected 3-2 lead.
    Peter Rowe 0 v Paddy Peacock 2.
    The run continues for the Tassie as Paddy produces a solid performance to see off an off form Phantom.High quality scoring on treble 19 and a double 8 finish is enough to secure the opening leg.Peter improves in the 2nd stanza and gets a pop at tops and 10s.He missed,however, and Floppy took his chance brilliantly on double 16.4-2 Tassie.
    Robbie Smith 2 v John Smyth 1.
    A tense opener as you'd expect,which John managed to snare on double 10.The B team could sense victory,but their former team mate remained calm,and he levelled the game on double 8,following a ton and 121.Once again we went to a decider,and the tension was palpable.Both lads gave everything for the cause,but it was Robbie's superior accuracy on the treble 20 that gave him the chance to take out double 16,much to the relief of his colleagues.
    Andy Poole 2 v Peter Duffy 0.
    Under the circumstances we had a real quality opener as both lads scored freely.A ton and 140 almost set up a brilliant 117 finish for Andy,but he eventually took out 10s in 19 darts.Peter had hung in well and was down to a possible 2 darter in 18 darts. Andy was in irresistable form hitting 100-140-100 in succession in the 2nd leg,and Peter couldn't match this power scoring.The Tassie[A] man sealed a draw as he took out double 10 in a fantastic 17 darts.
    180s-2[Both from Tassienew man John Devlin].
    Man of the match-Andy Poole[Cool under pressure to gain what may be a vital point.]
    Foodwatch-Variety of sambos and a plate of crisps.

A cracking match for my opening report of the season.Both team's got deeply involved,with it being a Tassie derby,and the tension from the outset was tangible.Poor John Devlin was shaking like a leaf after his game,such was the atmosphere.Although we seen a lot of nervy darts this evening,there was also plenty of quality on display from both teams.I'm sure that prior to tonights game,the Tassie would have been pleased with a draw,however it's always disappointing to lose the last 2 games when 4-2 up.The A team had to dig extremely deep to garner a share of the spoils,and while a point is not the perfect start,they must understand they could have left empty handed.There were some fine performances tonight,with Andy Poole showing what a fine player he can be,while Mark Ennis looks a cracking signing for the Tassie[A] also.On the B team I was impressed with the 2 debutants,John Devlin and Eamon Whelan,while Tony Maher showed there's life in the old dog yet!It's early days still,and there will be many twists during the season,but if every game is as enjoyable as this one,I'll be well pleased.

TOP DARTS-Well done to Brendan Dolan on becoming the first Irish darts player to reach a major final.What an incredible week he had.Not only did he get to play the Power in the final,but he also goes and does a magical 9-darter and tops it off with a 170 finish in the final.Now that's what dreams are made of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Welcome back , DM . A very enjoyable read , as always :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SLACK.ONE.

GREAT TO SEE YOUR REPORTS BACK...DM...AS ALWAYS A GREAT READ.WITH POSITIVE COMMENTS AND RESPECT SHOWN TO ALL THE PLAYERS FROM BOTH TEAMS.AND THE REST OF THE PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE...

Week two of this year's Monday night league,and already there's the feeling that it could be one of the most competitive leagues ever.On paper there's at least 5 teams who will fancy their chances this season,so these early skirmishes may prove decisive at season's end.This week I travelled with the Bray Fishermen's Club,for their match against the always dangerous Gallops team.They were in fine spirits following last week's 5-3 victory over the Igo,and were cautiously optimistic of making it two from two.The Gallops for their part had also made an encouraging start to the year by grabbing a point away to the Noggin Hunter's.We arrived at 9.35,and the game started at 9.50-

Jay Nolan 2 v Mick Kane 0.
    Both lads get stuck in early,with Mick hitting a 140 and a ton only for Jay to respond with a ton-125 salvo.Mick got one dart at tens,but a miss gave Jay the opportunity to take out double 5 for a 1 nil lead.The fun continued in leg 2 as Jay blitzed in 2 tons and a 140,while Mick chipped in with a brace of tons and a 140 of his own.A missed double 12 effort from Jay allowed Mick 2 darts at 8s,but he failed with both,and Jay grabbed his chance,winning a cracker on double 3 in 18 darts.
    Noel Canning 1 v Thomas Smyth 2.
    Noel hits 2 tons in the opening leg,but Smythy's steady darts helps him to sneak it on double 9.Noely bites back in the 2nd leg,a run of 123-94-100 negating a 140 from Thomas.A double 11 kill took us to a decider.In that decider we saw a darts of total poise and composure,as Thomas hammered the red bit for a magnificent 17 dart finish,and Noely could do nothing about it.
    Stephen Cranny 0 v Joe Fagan 2.
    Steady but unspectacular darts from both lads in the opener,which went Joe's way as he took out double 18.Things picked up in the 2nd leg as Stephen put together a run of 85-84-133 to sit on a 2 darter,but Joe had hit a 100-140 himself,which set up a double 18 kill in 20 arrows.2-1 to the Fishermen.
    John Stapleton 0 v Dennis FitzPatrick 2.
    Once again both lads struggled to get into a rhythm,with Dennis eventually sparking to life with a ton and 64 outshot.Things were not happening for John,and the treble 20 proved elusive.Dennis meanwhile had settled down nicely,and after a 96-60-140 run it was bye bye baby on double 10.
    Pat Hennessy 2 v Mark Cranley 0.
    Pat is out of the blocks like Usain Bolt,and although Mark hits a 140,he cant prevent Pat from taking the opener in 18 darts after a 93 kill.Mark began to fight back with a run of 100-85-125-82 to set up 5 chances at 16s to 4s,only to squander all of them.Pat had hit a ton and 125 of his own giving him a shot at 16s,which he nailed gratefully.3-2.
    Dave Horan 2 v Anto Lynch 1.
    A brilliant opening leg from both lads,with tons and 140's flying in all over the place.Dave was on a 2 darter after 18 arrows but he never got a shot at it as Anto took out tops in 17.The high standard was maintained in the next leg as Anto began 100-100-137,while Dave countered with a brace of tons.Anto had a pop at the bull,which narrowly missed,then 2 more at double 8,which clipped the wire,allowing Dave in for a cool 49 outshot to take us to a decider.It was a pretty tense leg to begin with,but it looked to be heading the visitor's way when Anto hit a 122-81 combo.Dave hung in however,and 3 missed darts at a double from Anto allowed Dave his chance at tops,which he accepted with both hands.We were now level at 3 apiece.
    Stephen Wright 0 v John Doonan 2.
    John took a tight opener on tops after Stephen had spurned 3 goes at double 16.The 2nd leg however was a bit of a procession for John,as he bagged 3 tons and an 85 on his way to taking the game on tops in 21 darts.
    Eddie Treacy 1 v Willie Murphy 2.
    A 100-95 salvo gives Willie the edge in a nervy opener as Eddie fails to settle.The visitors appear on the brink of victory as Willie pours on the pressure with a run of 81-100-100.However he inexplicably misses at least 12 darts to take the game,allowing a grateful Eddie to square things on double 2.The decider as you might expect was pretty tense,but under the circumstances both lads acquitted themselves well.Willie hit a 140 and 96,while Eddie hit an 85 and 95 to keep things interesting,but this time Willie was not so generous and wrapped up the win for the visitors on double 16.

180s-None tonight.
    Man of the match-John Doonan (got the Fishermen back on track}Jay Nolan was excellent for the Gallops also.
    Foodwatch-Great array of sambo's,which were consumed swiftly{Ya can't beat a bit of egg and onion!}

A very close and enjoyable game this evening,with some quality darts on display.I said earlier that the Fishermen were cautiously optimistic of getting the 2 points,and they were right to be cautious.This Gallops team are going to be difficult to beat this year,and they should get maximum respect from all teams.I was very impressed by young Jay Nolan.What a win for him over the brilliant Mick Kane.I think we'll hear more of this guy as the season progresses.Congratulations must go to the Fishermen however.They seemed in trouble at 3-3,but the new lean and mean John Doonan stopped the rot and put them back in the driving seat with a classy display.Then another BHFC stalwart,Willie Murphy put the finishing touches to a gritty display.I feel certain this team will be in the mix at the end of the season.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Chat moved to Borough League chat thread, this thread is for dartmaniacs reports.

Week 3 action features league new boys,Baker's against league champions,the Lough Inn,in what promises to be a cracking
    contest.Baker's have made the best possible start,with a whitewash of the Farmhouse on the first day of the season.The
    Lough,meanwhile,had to settle for a draw in their only outing so far,when the Hunter's rode into town and snared a point up in the
    Lough.Baker's have a very strong and ambitious young squad,while the Lough possess plenty of experience,and no little skill in
    their team.It should be an interesting evening's action.I made my way through the floods,to arrive at 9.30,just as the Lough boys
    arrived,and after a bit of practice the game began at 9.50-
    Dave Peacock 1 v Kevin O Callaghan 2.
    Two young bucks go toe to toe in a cracking opener.A max from Kev is matched and trumped by Dave's 140-139 combo.The Baker boy
    goes one up with a tops kill in 18 spears.Kevin strikes back in the 2nd leg,taking it on 2s despite a 140 from young Peacock.The
    decider looks to be going Dave's way as he lashes in a 140 and 85,but Kevin applies enough pressure with a ton and 86 to force a
    missed trio from Dave.Then Kevin steps in to snatch the opening point on double top for the visitors.
    Gus Fleming 2 v Tommy O Reilly 1.
    A solid 21 darter from Gus in the opener gives him an edge.Tommy struggles to get on terms in the 2nd leg,and hits too many treble
    5s,allowing Gussie to stamp his authority with a classy 22 darter,thus levelling the score on tops.
    Shane Ryan 1 v Dave Kellaghan 2.
    Shane controls the opener with some steady pitching,and takes out tops despite a 100-115 rush from Dave.It seems as though Shane
    is on his way to a 2 niller when he hits 100-140,but Dave battles back with a 100-99 of his own.Shane passes up 3 pops for the win
    allowing Bullet the chance to wipe out double 8.Dave's back in business now and begins 140-85-100 to put Shane on the back
    foot.And despite a valiant 100-98 from Shane,Dave wraps it up on double 5 in 20 arrows.
    Ben FitzPatrick 1 v Lar Bryan 2.
    Lar takes a tight opener on double 2,before both lads went to work on the lipstick in the 2nd leg.2 tons from Ben and a run of 97
    -81-137 from Lar showed the quality of the game,but it went Bens way eventually with a double 6 out.The decider saw some
    outstanding shooting from the Lough man,as Lar went140-83-129,before narrowly missing 16s for a 149 kill.Ben,to his credit hit a
    140,but it was to no avail as Lar finished 16s in 14 cracking darts.
    Gary Murphy 2 v Tony Geraghty 1.
    A brace of tons from Gary and a run of 92-83-98 from Tony in the opener,but it's the Lough man who takes it on double 18,with Gary
    waiting on tops.Tony blitzes a 123 and 122 to Gary's ton-95-73,and sets up an opening for the win.However 5 misses later its Gary
    who takes the leg on tops.The decider sees Gary pummel the red bit,with scores of 140-125-102,but he then begins to struggle on
    his doubles,allowing Tony a sniff of victory.But Gary steadies up in the nick of time to hit double 2 and narrow the gap to 3-2.
    Stephen Andrews 2 v Billy Matthews 1.
    Baker's captain Stephen is in the zone in the opener,nailing two 140s and a ballymun,setting up double 16 in rapid time.But the
    kill proves elusive,and Billy is soon on his tail with some steady pitching.A double 7 out gives the visitors the opening
    leg.Remarkably,Stephen whacked in another brace of 140s in the 2nd leg while Billy responded with 2 tons of his own in a cracking
    contest.This time,however, Stephen made no mistake with a top lipstick leveller.The decider,while not as free scoring as the
    preceding 2 legs,was every bit as exciting.Both men were steady down to a double,but it was Stephen who got first go at the
    finish,and he didn't disappoint,nailing 16s for a crucial win.
    Dan Boyce 2 v Peadar Taite 1.
    Dan,s consistent scoring enables him to take the opener on 19s,despite a 140 from Peadar.The Lough number 7 hits a pair of tons on
    his way to forcing a decider on tops.Dan digs in and a steady run of 95-95 and 74 creates the chance for a vital double 16
    finish,leaving Bakers on the verge of victory.
    Clive Devlin 1 v Leo Murphy 2.
    Brilliant arrows from Clive,as he nails a brace of 140s,but Leo hits 2 tons and an 85,before cooly dispatching a 70 finish as
    Clive waited on a double.Baker,s anchorman,Clive, displays grit as he levels the game on double 8 after a near miss for a 136
    out.The decider features some fine darts in the circumstances from both lads.Clive hits a 121,but Leo shows why he's one of the
    best anchormen in the business,firing a run of 100-95-85 and 90 before securing a valuable point for the champs on double 8 in 20
    darts.

180s-Kev O Callaghan in the opener,and a fantastic four 140s from Ste Andrews.
    Man of the match-Has to be Baker's captain Stephen Andrews[Pivotal win against a great player]
    Foodwatch-Quality sambo's[Ham and cheese,corned beef,and my favourite chicken salad.]

A cracking contest tonight,more than living up to it's star billing.The champs looked to have quelled the spirit of the young
    Baker's squad when taking a 3-1 lead at the halfway point,but the home team showed tremendous heart to turn things around,in
    particular Stephen Andrews and Gary Murphy.Then,when Dan Boyce gave them a 4-3 lead,it was the Lough's captain,Leo Murphy,who had
    to dig deep to glean a point from the battle.I believe it was a fair result,as both teams at one stage or another would have taken
    a point.These two teams will have a big say in the destiny of this years title,make no mistake.They have strength in depth and
    plenty of experience,exactly what you need to go all the way.The standard of darts are improving year on year,with players getting
    more opportunities to display their skills,in regular tournaments throughout the season.We need to continue in this vein,and maybe
    some day we'll get a player from the Borough to represent us on the world stage.

LISTEN UP-There will be a singles tournament taking place in the Silver Tassie on the 2nd Thursday of every month,beginning
    Thursday Nov 10th.10euro to enter[5euro drink voucher on entry].Draw at 8.30.All are welcome-Contact Paul on 0868636974.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Nice report and great idea for the singles tournament

I know iv given him some stick at times on here, but Kevin o callaghan should really give the idea he had of doing a bit of travelling around ireland another go.

Seems to me to be perfectly good enough to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

It was a great game Bakers v Lough.Even though we drew I was glad to be part of it.Some amazing darts thrown.The atmosphere in the bar was great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 thetrebisback

what was all the hype about bakers ha:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

Bakers got a great result against the champs.So the hype is still there to see Treb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tuesdarts

thedivil wrote: »
    Bakers got a great result against the champs.So the hype is still there to see Treb

Yeah heard it was a top game dont mind the trebis back hes a monkey that lives in the sticks;)y

It's the 4th week of action in the Borough league,taking place on a Thursday because of the bank holiday on Monday.I 'm down in
    the Lough Inn,where the champions play host to the Bray fishermen.This is a big game,with the Lough looking to get a win on the
    board following a pair of draws to start the campaign,while the Bray lads attempt to make it 4 from 4 for the season.Although it's
    early days,one gets the feeling that the Lough need both points,if only to remind everyone that they are still the team to
    beat.The fishermen will be doing their utmost to increase their advantage on one of their main rivals for the title.
    I arrived at the venue nice and early to soak up the atmosphere[and the gargle!],before the visitors arrived at 9.40.It all kicked
    off at 9.55-
    Kevin O Callaghan 0 v Mick Kane 2.
    Mick takes the opener,with the help of 2 tons,on tops in 23 darts.Kev launches a blistering response with a brace of tons and a
    125,but it aint enough to stop Mick taking out a 19 darter on the top lipstick.
    Dave Kellaghan 2 v Thomas Smyth 0.
    Thomas blows 5 darts at the top lipstick to allow Bullet take the the opener on 8s,but the Lough man is decisive in the 2nd
    leg,nailing a brilliant 93 kill to level the tie.
    Billy Matthews 1 v Joe Fagan 2.
    A majestic 17 darter gives Joe the lead,before the legend hit back with a 125-125-140 salvo en route to a 14 dart kill on double
    4.The decider is understandably tense,but it's the Bray man who answers the call with a brace of tons and a double 4 finish in the
    nick of time,with Billy a threatening presence on 16s.
    Lar Bryan 1 v PJ Bryan 2.
    PJ sneaks a tight opener on tops in 22 spears.The answer is swift and decisive from the Lough stalwart as Lar hits a max on his
    way to squaring things in a fantastic 14 darts on tops. There's a real old fashioned atmosphere now as both teams get behind their
    men.PJ starts well in the decider,but Lar strikes back with a 140 to apply the pressure.When PJ lands in the wrong bed it gives
    Lar a chance,but he can't nail double 18 allowing the dual singles king in on double 5.3-1 Fishermen.
    Tommy O Reilly 1 v Anto Lynch 2.
    Anto hits a 140 on his way to taking a tight opener,before a fine response from the Lough new boy to level on 16s.Two tons and a
    135 gives Anto a decisive lead in the 3rd leg,but Tommy almost snatches it with a 138 kill,before the Bray captain pings tops in
    21 darts to leave us at 4-1.
    Leo Murphy 2 v John Doonan 1.
    Leo controls the opening leg with solid scores of 95-98-100,before nailing double 5.John then sparks into life with a brilliant
    sequence of 139-100 and a majestic 101 kill on 16s to level.The decider is a tight affair,with John hitting a 140 in response to a
    125-95 combo from Leo.Indeed the Bray man gets a shot at double 8 for the win,but can't nail it,allowing Leo to keep the tie alive
    on double 4.
    Tony Geraghty 1 v Willie Murphy 2.
    Three tons from Willie and two from Tony in a classy opener,which Tony eventually takes on double 2.The Bray arrowsmith strikes
    back with a 140 and 95,before a deadly 109 kill on tops to take us all the way.After a cautious start to the decider Willie hits a
    100-140 blitz,which Tony answers with a pair of tons,but the Bray man is not for stopping and kills the game with a cool 79 finish
    in 21 spears.Game over.
    Neil McDonald 2 v Paddy Scanlon 1.
    Despite a ton and 140 from Paddy in the opener,it's Neil's steady scoring that gives him the chance to take out double
    16.Undeterred,Paddy goes on a murderous blitz on the red bit,hitting a ton-140-134 volley,before taking out a deserved double 8
    kill.Both lads continue to score well in a hard fought decider,with Paddy hitting a ton and a pair of 85s,while Neil hit four 80
    plus scores.However it was the Lough's new signing who gained the day with a 22 dart kill on tops to leave it 5-3 on the night.

Man of the match-Joe Fagan[Won a crucial game,which gave the Bray lads the momentum to go on and win].
    180S-Lar Bryan.
    Foodwatch-Nice array of sambo's,including my favourite egg and onion.And crisps to compliment them.

A good old fashioned game tonight,with many of the leagues top players in action from past and present.It appeared a 50/50 game
    going in,and after the first 2 games I thought we could be heading for a draw.But Joe Fagan put in an inspired performance to see
    off Billy Matthews,then PJ Bryan and Anto Lynch won crucial deciding legs in their games to give the visitors a commanding
    lead.Leo Murphy gave the Lough a glimmer of hope,but that hope was dashed when Willie Murphy took out a pair of clinical finishes
    to secure the points.Well what does this mean in the context of the league?Well it means the Fishermen are still unbeaten,and
    growing in confidence,while the Lough must regroup and go on a lengthy winning streak if they are to get back in contention.Then
    you have the Rathnew lads who've made an excellent start also.I'm sure they will have a say in things as the season
    progresses,while the boys in Bakers can also make their presence felt.We're only three weeks in and I'm already anticipating a
    barnstorming season of darts.Until next week, keep nailing those trebs.

Week number 5 of a fascinating Monday night league,and I'm down in Rathnew for the FitzPatricks/Igo clash.Fitzers have got off to
    a flyer this season,winning four on the bounce,leaving them joint top with the Fishermen on 8 points.The Igo lads have suffered a
    couple of 5-3 defeats against the top teams, i.e Fishermen and Tassie[A],and were looking to cause an upset.I travelled with the
    Igo boys and we arrived at 9.40.The game commenced at 9.55-
    Clifford Doyle 2 v Gavin O Toole 0.
    A tight opener goes the way of the home team,as Monkey's 137 proves decisive before he takes out tops in 20 spears.Gavin nails a
    140 in response in leg two,but Cliff steams in with a ton-140 volley,to establish a decent lead.Gavin applies the pressure leaving
    55,but Cliff is up to the task,taking out tops in a super 17 arrows.
    John Quinn 2 v Gavin Merrigan 1.
    Despite a 135 from Gavin,it's John's steady scoring that wins him the opener on tops.Gavin hits back in the 2nd leg after a 140
    from John,nailing double 16 to take us to a decider.In that decider John was in cruise control,hitting 96-100-100 as Gavin
    struggled to muster a challenge.The local arrowsmith nailed double 10 in 19 darts to give the home team a 2 nil advantage.
    Glen FitzPatrick 2 v Haggle Hennessy 1.
    A 125 from Haggle in the opener,but Glen fires back with a 140 and 95,before taking it on double 10.Haggle bravely squares the
    game with a 23 dart leg on 16s.A nip and tuck decider in which both lads hit tons and 85s eventually goes Glen's way,as he checks
    out on double 4,with Haggle on a 2 darter.
    Martin O Connor 2 v Robbie Hammond 1.
    A classy start from both lads here with Robbie's 125-83 being trumped by Martin's 140-100,before the local pitcher hit the top red
    bit in 20 darts.Once again the visitors took us to a decider as Robbie went on a scoring blitz,hitting a brace of tons and a
    139,before taking out 19s in 19 arrows.The deciding leg was mighty tight,with Robbie starting 81-140,while Martin responded with a
    ton and 85.
    Just as it seemed Robbie may get the visitors on the scoresheet,Martin dashed his hopes with a sweet 116 kill in 21 darts.
    Dave Corcoran 2 v Wayne Colgan 1.
    A ton -140 gives Wayne the edge in the opener,before taking out 14s in 22 darts.Some fantastic scoring in the 2nd leg as Wayne's
    134-83 salvo is countered by a magic ton-180 from Dave.After a series of missed doubles from both lads it's Dave who takes the leg
    on 16s.Wayne starts with a 121 in the final leg,but the local lad pings in a 100-130 response.Wayne then gets a pop at the
    bull,but it's wide of the target allowing Dave the opportunity to seal victory on double 18.Game over.
    Paddy Corcoran 2 v Jimmy Noonan 0.
    A run of 85-100-100 from Jimmy puts him in a commanding lead,but a host of missed doubles lets Paddy in for a 36 kill to steal the
    leg.The 2nd leg proves a bit of a struggle for both lads,with the match already decided,however it goes the way of Fitzers once
    more when Paddy takes out double 16,with Jimmy on tops.
    Gaffer Merrigan 2 v John Grassick 0.
    John is under the cosh from the start here,as Gaffer hops off the lipstick,taking out a 78 finish to secure the opener.Steady
    scoring is not enough for John with Gaffer banging in a max and 95,before extending the home teams lead with a double 10 finish.A
    brace of 21 darters,not bad at this hour!!
    Bomber Murphy 2 v Ray McCormack 0.
    Bomber lives up to his name as he explodes into life with a sizzling 16 darter that featured a run of 81-140-100.Ray tries to
    summon a challenge in the next leg,but is simply swept aside as Bomber nails a trio of tons before checking out on tops in 20
    darts.Super stuff.

Man of the match-Bomber Murphy[36 darts for 2 legs is quality].
    180s-Dave Corcoran,Gaffer Merrigan.
    Foodwatch-Delicious sambo's-Egg,ham,salad.All massive.

A comprehensive win for Fitzer's tonight,as the co leaders took every game.They're a mighty strong team from one to eight,and
    should be right there at the end of the campaign.They have a fine blend of experience and youth in their squad,and the addition of
    the Corcoran brothers has strengthened them further.They've yet to meet the so called big boys,but I don't believe any team will
    relish the prospect of meeting them.The Igo lads never really got into the match this evening,and maybe if they had taken one of
    those early deciding legs they could have mounted a challenge.Too many missed doubles unfortunately contributed to their
    downfall,but they are a good enough squad to bounce back.I'm sure they'll be looking for revenge in the reverse fixture back in
    the Igo.
    Don't forget the singles event this Thursday in the Silver Tassie.Registration is at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 crazyeyz

Great analysis of the game DM, look forward each week to reading what you have to say, keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 6 constant 26

great write up dart god look forward 2 next weeks

Thanks for the kind words lads.Glad you're enjoying the match reports.

• Advertisement

Welcome fellow darts fans to week 6 in this year's Monday dart league.It's been an interesting first few weeks,with the main
    contenders jostling for position,some performing better than others,yet all still in close contention for top spot.Tonight's game
    feature's last year's runner's up,the Tassie[A] taking on the powerful Fisherman's squad,in a vital early season clash.I felt it
    in my bones that it would be a classic,and as you will discover I wasn't wrong-

Mick Kane 2 v Ben Prenter 0.
    A slow start from both lads,as they struggle for consistency,but Mick is the steadier and takes the opener on 10s.The next leg is
    more like it,as the boys go banana's on the lipstick.Ben nails a 135 and a ton,but Mick is in devastating form hiting 2 tons and a
    140,before wrapping it up on double 18 in 16 spears.
    P J Bryan 2 v Robbie Smith 0.
    a 140 apiece from both lads in a tight opener,in which Robbie misses a dart at 16s.PJ makes him pay by wiping out 81 on double 18
    to go one up..The 2nd leg's just as tight,with both lads solid if unspectacular.Robbie's down to tops,but sadly for him he won't
    get a shot as PJ nails double 3 to put the Fishermen 2 up.
    Joe Fagan 1 v Andy Lacey 2.
    The gloves are off here big time,as the treble 20 takes a right caning.Two 140's from Andy,and one from Joe,not to mention a ton
    apiece,has the joint in uproar.A double 16 kill from Andy settles it in 15 arrows.The response is swift and decisive from the Bray
    man,as he blitzes a 125-180 salvo before taking us all the way with a double 9 finish in 16 darts.The wicked standard is
    maintained in the decider,with Joe hitting 95-97-85,but Andy is in irresistable form,hitting a ton and a 140,before naling double
    4 to win a darting epic.
    Thomas Smyth 0 v Mark Ennis 2.
    Magic arrows in the opener from both pitchers,with Tom's 140-100,being countered by two 140's from the singles champ.Tom had two
    for it and couldn't finish,but Mark made no mistake on double 9 in 19 spears.Thomas dug deep in the 2nd leg,hitting a 140 and a
    ton,but Mark responded with a 140 of his own to apply the pressure.The pressure paid off as Thomas spurned several chances to
    square the game,allowing Mark in to make it 2-2 with a double 10 kill.
    Anto Lynch 2 v Gary Gregory 0.
    Many chances for both player's in a scrappy opener,before a double 17 finish from Anto puts him one up.There's better scoring in
    the second leg,as Anto hits a pair of tons and a 140,to take a commanding lead.However he allows Gary back into it with some messy
    finishing,but Gary can't hit 16s or 8s,allowing Anto to eventually wrap it up on double 5.
    Dennis FitzPatrick 0 v Mick Cummins 2.
    Dennis hits a 135 in the opener,but the Magnet goes berzerk on the redbit,firing in a run of 95-97-140 and 137,before coolly
    slotting double 16 in a superb 15 darts.The scoring blitz continues in the second leg with Dennis responding to his teams
    urgings,hitting 83-85-125,while Mick chipped in with a 121.It appeared we were heading for a decider,but Dennis suffered some
    serious outer ring woe,missing a batch of chances,allowing Mick the chance to level the match on double 2.
    John Doonan 1 v Andy Poole 2.
    What an opening leg we had here,as John and Andy hopped off the treble 20.Johnny fired in two 140's ,before Andy countered with
    81-96 and a magical maximum.Andy had a shot at 12s for a 15 darter but failed,giving John the chance to take out double 1 for an
    early lead.The atmosphere was incredible as both guys continued to trade big scores.A ton and 140 from John should have seen him
    in control,but Andy was like a man possessed,hitting 97 and yet another fabulous 180 to set up a double 10 leveller.The joint was
    at fever pitch for the decider,but both lads tried to stay focussed.However Andy was the more consistent here,firing in a pair of
    85s on his way to securing a fabulous game on double 5.
    Willie Murphy 1 v John Kenny 2.
    Everyone was on the edge of their seat as the final game commenced.Willie was quick into his stride here,hitting a 140-ton
    combo,while John was hitting solid 60s.A smooth 64 finish saw Willie move one up in this vital game.The scoring from both lads was
    commendable in the 2nd leg as the tension was crippling.John hit a 137 and 87,while Willie threw in a 125,but we were going to the
    wire when John took out double 10.Both guys were throwing on instinct in the decider,as Willie's 85 and ton was surpassed by
    John's 85-100 and a brilliant 134 to set up tops.John failed at tops and tens,but Willie then failed at double 11 as the agony
    continued for both teams.It had to end eventually,and it did when John nailed double 10 for a fantastic victory.The Tassie lads
    went wild in celebration,while the Fishermen shook their heads in disbelief.An outstanding match.

Man of the match-Andy Lacey/Andy Poole[Outstanding darts from both lads,and I can't put one ahead of the other].
    180s-Joe Fagan[1]-Andy Poole[2].
    Foodwatch-Chips and sossies from the chipper[Had to get an extra pint to wash them down!!].

What a game that was tonight.A right old dust up on the seafront.Full credit must go to the Tassie lads,for there's few teams will
    give the Bray lads a 2 game lead and come back to win.With the game at 2 nil and 1 all in the fifth,it took an outstanding
    performance from Andy Lacey to breathe new life into the visitor's challenge.Then at 3-3 and 1 nil down in the seventh game,it was
    Andy Poole who turned the game on it's head by defeating an on form John Doonan 2-1.The final game was played amidst an
    atmosphere I've rarely experienced on a Monday night.Each team roaring their approval for a decent score.In the end it was John
    Kenny who held his nerve to give the Tassie lads a memorable win.The Fishermen done little wrong,simply coming up against an
    inspired Tassie team,and they need not feel too downhearted.They will unquestionably bounce back from this,as they have so much
    quality to call upon.I hope next week's game is half as good.Until then keep practicing those doubles.

Advertisement