Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DartManiacs Monday League report

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

why was there a replay in the second match when one player bust? everytime i bust, my score just goes back to what it was not start the leg again!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

mackeire wrote: »
    why was there a replay in the second match when one player bust? everytime i bust, my score just goes back to what it was not start the leg again!

Thing is mate the caller would not back down on his call but when noel new it was wrong he said play it again and fair play cause his team said take the leg and to make matters worse the caller was my DA haha

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DartManiac

This week I paid a first visit to Brady's of Shankill,the new home of the Lough team.It's good to see darts being played in Mickey Byrne's Bar again as this pub had a fine tradition many years ago for producing top players.Maurice Kavanagh and Jack Whelan,amongst others played here so it's good to see the Lough guys giving the locals something to get behind on a Monday night.The Lough have made a so so start to the season,winning one and sharing the spoils on two occasions,however reports suggested that these lads were a dangerous side.They would have to be on top form tonight if they were to repel the challenge of the champs,the Noggin Hunters,who are still trying to get their season motoring after a rather indifferent start.The Noggin lads arrived at 9.45 and the action commenced soon after-
    Stephen Knight 2 v Pat Hall 1.
    Pat and Stephen share the first 2 legs with a pair of 23 darters,then Stephen takes the decider comfortably on double top as Pat struggles to hit the red bit.
    Skinny White 0 v Tom Hennessy 2.
    A brilliant 17 dart blitz gives Tom the opener,then he takes advantage of Skinny's misfortune of hitting 15s instead of 10s,by taking out 98 in 20 darts.Excellent game.
    Stephen Wright 1 v Mark Mulvaney 2.
    Stephen eventually hits double 1 to take the lead,then Mark levels on tops.The decider is an absolute cracker as both lads trade big scores before Mark takes it on double 5 after missing 10s for a 140 finish.Stephen threw everything at him but was left waiting on tops after only 15 darts.Best leg I've seen this season.
    Donal O Toole 2 v Kevin O Connell 0.
    Gritty performance from Donie as he levels the match with finishes on double 8 and double 7.Kevin had his chances but spurned them.
    Chris Boyce 2 v Jack Roche 1.
    An error strewn encounter with both lads below their best.Jack left to regret some poor finishing,but credit to Chris for nailing the vital double 15 which gave the Lough a 3-2 lead.
    John Kilbride 2 v Alan Kelly 0.
    John takes advantage of some sloppy finishing from Kellier to take the opener,then seals the win with a solid leg on double 5 to put the home side within reach of victory.
    Paul O Carroll 1 v Joe McKeever 2.
    Joe takes the opener on 8s and Paul levels on 12s,both legs being very edgy and inconsistent.Joe then uses all his experience to take the deciding leg comfortably with a double 12 kill in 22 arrows.4-3 now.
    Eamon O Connor 2 v John Cummins 1.
    First 2 legs are shared as the tension mounts.Then,with both guys desperately trying to hit the winning double,it's young Eamon who triggers scenes of delight by bravely hitting a crucial double 8.John can't believe it,but it's over.

Well,what an amazing game.It may not have been the greatest game scoring wise,but by God it had some atmosphere.The Lough lads had been hoping to get something out of the game,of course,but I don't think they were expecting to turn over the champs.After last weeks superb come from behind draw with the Igo,this will add to their growing belief in themselves.They have a talented young side,who are starting to play to their undoubted ability,and I see them as tough opposition to all in the league.The Noggin were disappointing tonight.Apart from a couple of exceptions,they seemed to be short on confidence.Unlike last year,when their team spirit was fantastic,they seem to be struggling with the mantle of being champs.Perhaps they'll turn things around[they were missing a few key players tonight],and get back to being the top class team they were last season.I hope they do.

TWO TO WATCH-WRIGHT and KNIGHT.
    I've seen these 2 lads in action on quite a few occasions,and both have shown a lot of ability.I feel they lack a bit of consistency in their game,which leaves them vulnerable to the top players in the league.The natural ability is definitely there with both of them and if they can get a run of wins then their ability will shine through.So watch out for Knight and Wright this season.
    Man of the match-Eamon O Connor[Great win for young Eamon so early in his career]Honourable mention for Mark,Stephen and Tom.
    180s-None tonight folks,but the Lough don't care!!
    Foodwatch-Certainly looked nice!Ham and cheese I believe.
    Before I sign off this week,I want to send my best wishes to Dick Brady,a long standing member of the Lough team,who will soon be going for an important operation.I'm sure I speak for everyone in wishing Dick the very best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 STWR81

DartManiac wrote: »
    This week I paid a first visit to Brady's of Shankill,the new home of the Lough team.It's good to see darts being played in Mickey Byrne's Bar again as this pub had a fine tradition many years ago for producing top players.Maurice Kavanagh and Jack Whelan,amongst others played here so it's good to see the Lough guys giving the locals something to get behind on a Monday night.The Lough have made a so so start to the season,winning one and sharing the spoils on two occasions,however reports suggested that these lads were a dangerous side.They would have to be on top form tonight if they were to repel the challenge of the champs,the Noggin Hunters,who are still trying to get their season motoring after a rather indifferent start.The Noggin lads arrived at 9.45 and the action commenced soon after-
    Stephen Knight 2 v Pat Hall 1.
    Pat and Stephen share the first 2 legs with a pair of 23 darters,then Stephen takes the decider comfortably on double top as Pat struggles to hit the red bit.
    Skinny White 0 v Tom Hennessy 2.
    A brilliant 17 dart blitz gives Tom the opener,then he takes advantage of Skinny's misfortune of hitting 15s instead of 10s,by taking out 98 in 20 darts.Excellent game.
    Stephen Wright 1 v Mark Mulvaney 2.
    Stephen eventually hits double 1 to take the lead,then Mark levels on tops.The decider is an absolute cracker as both lads trade big scores before Mark takes it on double 5 after missing 10s for a 140 finish.Stephen threw everything at him but was left waiting on tops after only 15 darts.Best leg I've seen this season.
    Donal O Toole 2 v Kevin O Connell 0.
    Gritty performance from Donie as he levels the match with finishes on double 8 and double 7.Kevin had his chances but spurned them.
    Chris Boyce 2 v Jack Roche 1.
    An error strewn encounter with both lads below their best.Jack left to regret some poor finishing,but credit to Chris for nailing the vital double 15 which gave the Lough a 3-2 lead.
    John Kilbride 2 v Alan Kelly 0.
    John takes advantage of some sloppy finishing from Kellier to take the opener,then seals the win with a solid leg on double 5 to put the home side within reach of victory.
    Paul O Carroll 1 v Joe McKeever 2.
    Joe takes the opener on 8s and Paul levels on 12s,both legs being very edgy and inconsistent.Joe then uses all his experience to take the deciding leg comfortably with a double 12 kill in 22 arrows.4-3 now.
    Eamon O Connor 2 v John Cummins 1.
    First 2 legs are shared as the tension mounts.Then,with both guys desperately trying to hit the winning double,it's young Eamon who triggers scenes of delight by bravely hitting a crucial double 8.John can't believe it,but it's over.

Well,what an amazing game.It may not have been the greatest game scoring wise,but by God it had some atmosphere.The Lough lads had been hoping to get something out of the game,of course,but I don't think they were expecting to turn over the champs.After last weeks superb come from behind draw with the Igo,this will add to their growing belief in themselves.They have a talented young side,who are starting to play to their undoubted ability,and I see them as tough opposition to all in the league.The Noggin were disappointing tonight.Apart from a couple of exceptions,they seemed to be short on confidence.Unlike last year,when their team spirit was fantastic,they seem to be struggling with the mantle of being champs.Perhaps they'll turn things around[they were missing a few key players tonight],and get back to being the top class team they were last season.I hope they do.

TWO TO WATCH-WRIGHT and KNIGHT.
    I've seen these 2 lads in action on quite a few occasions,and both have shown a lot of ability.I feel they lack a bit of consistency in their game,which leaves them vulnerable to the top players in the league.The natural ability is definitely there with both of them and if they can get a run of wins then their ability will shine through.So watch out for Knight and Wright this season.
    Man of the match-Eamon O Connor[Great win for young Eamon so early in his career]Honourable mention for Mark,Stephen and Tom.
    180s-None tonight folks,but the Lough don't care!!
    Foodwatch-Certainly looked nice!Ham and cheese I believe.
    Before I sign off this week,I want to send my best wishes to Dick Brady,a long standing member of the Lough team,who will soon be going for an important operation.I'm sure I speak for everyone in wishing Dick the very best of luck.
    good report:) and nice mention about dick were all with ya dickser:)

This week I'm in the Farmhouse for an intriguing encounter between two definite title contenders in the Farm[Red] and the Bray Fisherman's club.I arrived at the venue at 9.30,just as the other Farm team were preparing to leave for their game against league favs,the Lough[A].Captain,Myles Healy ,seemed confident enough that his team could make an impact as they have been playing consistent darts this year.I'll be catching up with those lads later in the season.I was also chatting with Shane Ryan,prior to the featured contest,and he told me of his fantastic performance at the weekend,when he was an integral part of the Dublin team which captured the Leinster championship.Well done to Shane and the Dubs.The Bray lads arrived at 9.40 and the game started soon after-

Shane Ryan 2 v Paddy Scanlon 0.
    Shane hits 3 140's as he proves too strong for Paddy,winning in 21 and 19 arrows,despite missing a few doubles.This man is on the top of his game.

Angus Fleming 0 v Thomas Smyth 2.
    Two class acts in action as Smythy wins the opener on 16s in 19 darts,before taking out tops to win in 21 after Gussy misses a pop at 16s.

Gary Murphy 1 v Joe Fagan 2.
    Both hit 140s in the opener as Joe takes it in 20.Gary fights back bravely to level on double 8.Then Joe sneaks a nip and tuck decider on tops after Gary agonisingly misses 12s and 6s.

Dan Boyce 2 v Willie Murphy 0.
    2 140s from Dan in the opener as he takes it in 19 arrows before taking out 10s to see off Willie in 22.Class performance.

Jim McGuinness 0 v Anto Lynch 2.
    Anto hits a 140 and 139 before taking the opener on double 8.Jim has his chances in the 2nd leg,but misses several at 9s to allow Anto to seal victory on double 8.

Charlo Dunne 2 v Barry Murphy 0.
    A 72 kill gives Charlo the opener before he wraps it up on double 4.Barry has a shot at 4s but can't take it out.

Gary Healy 1 v Mark Cranley 2.
    First 2 legs are shared in a scrappy contest,then everyone has tense,nervous headaches before the bOmb detonates on tops to give the fishermen a 4-3 lead.

Dino Sebastian 2 v Stephen McCormack 0.
    Dino nicks a nervy opener,where both have opportunities,but the Farm anchor man shows class to secure a point for the home team by hitting 3 tons en route to a 20 dart finish.

A cracking contest tonight,between two very competent sides.A few of the Bray lads were disappointed at not taking both points,but I felt it was a very fair result.Any team that can come to the Farm and leave with a point are doing well,so they should be content with the draw.It,s still relatively early days in the season,but I could sense that both squads knew the importance of this game.Spoils shared so they can move forward with some momentum and hopefully both teams will remain a factor until seasons end.I was impressed with several players tonight,including Thomas Smyth,Dan Boyce,Dino Sebastian and the pick of the bunch Shane Ryan.I'ts good to see so many fine players showing their skills in the borough league,and long may it continue.

Man of the match-Shane Ryan-Class act who is becoming a formidable opponent for all.
    180s-None tonight[loads of 140s]
    Foodwatch-You can't beat cocktail bangers and chips.Very tasty!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

whenever your around i can never hit my doubles, you must have a spell on me or something hahah

This Monday I paid a visit to the Silver Tassie in Loughlinstown.The Tassie were playing host to the Eagles from Dun Laoghaire in what I cosidered an evenly matched contest.The Tassie were looking to get a third win in a row after a sluggish start to the season,while the Eagle's sit one point above them in the table after an inconsistent start to their campaign.Their captain,Bonnie Byrne,says their finishing has been letting them down,which seems to be the same reason for the Tassie's lowly position in the league.Whatever the reasons,both teams had an opportunity to get a valuable two points in the kitty this evening.The Eagle's arrived at 9.45 and got the gargle in,before the game proceeded at 10pm.

Danny Lynch 2 v Bonnie Byrne 0.
    Danny takes advantage of a below par Bonny,and hits double's 1 and 5 to secure the first point for the hosts.

Robbie Smith 2 v Philly Brennan 1.
    High quality encounter as both players blitz the lipstick.Robbie takes opener,before Philly hits 2 140s in a 20 darter.Then in a cracking decider Robbie shows his class to take out double 18 in 20 spears.Philly pushed him all the way.

Peter Duffy 2 v Dave Moran 1.
    First 2 legs are shared in scrappy fashion,but Peter explodes into life in the decider with 3 tons in a row before settling the issue in 18 arrows on double 18.Super darts from the Tassie man.

Tony Maher 2 v Shay Harte 1.
    Both lads struggle to assume control,so we go to a decider yet again.Tony starts 140-100 but some sloppy finishing gives Shay a chance.However once again the cookie crumbles in favour of the Tassie as Tony falls over the line with a madhouse kill.

Andy O Toole 1 v Mick Connor 2.
    A 140 in the opener from Mick can't stop Andy from taking the opener.Mick levels on tops despite a hat trick of tons from the Tassie man.Then the Eagle's stalwart comes from behind to stun Andy with a cool 74 outshot and puts the away team on the scoresheet.

Paul Corrigan 2 v Ger FitzPatrick 0.
    Both guys in fine form as Paul takes the opener in 22 darts.Ger starts the 2nd leg with a 121 and an 85 but Paul hits maximum overdrive with a 180 and 140 in quick succession, before sealing the deal on double 18 in 19 darts.Game over.

Gareth Kelly 2 v Gavin Richardson 1.
    Gavin takes the opener on double 3 as he looks for a consolation,but a brace of double 8 kills gives Gareth the victory.

Ken Gill 2 v Shay Corcoran 1.
    Shay wins a scrappy opener on double 5,then Ken hits back with a nice 70 outshot.Both guys have their chances in the decider,but the Tassie man ends proceedings on double 8.

A comprehensive victory for the Tassieteam,keeps their mini winning streak going.They'll face sterner tests in the weeks ahead with the Fishermen and the Lough[A] looming large.However there seems to be a growing belief amongst the players following their fruitless start to the season.I believe they can make life uncomfortable for the big boys,providing their best players play to their form.The problem that the Tassie,and indeed the Eagle's face,is their lack of strength in depth.They have 4 or 5 players capable of mixing it with the top teams,but if they fail to fire on the night,there is little back up.That's not a criticism,merely a fact.The Eagle's cut a forlorn sight afterwards,once again regretting some slipshod finishing.Their captain, Bonnie Byrne, was exasperated."Same story every week" he exclaimed,and I do understand how it must feel.With some sharper finishing tonight they may have got a point.Yet in the end 7-1 looks like a hammering.They just have to keep plugging away and hopefully results will change for the better for them.

GAME OF THE NIGHT-Robbie Smith/Philly Brennan-2 fine players go toe to toe in a sizzler,with Robbie just getting the better of Philly to give the Tassie a crucial 2 nil lead.
    MAN OF THE MATCH-Paul Corrigan.Great to see Paul back to something close to his best.
    180s-Paul Corrigan.
    FOODWATCH-Nice variety of sambos-Ham,cheese and chicken.And plenty of them.

Finally,I would like to take this opportunity to inform all Borough league players about a doubles competition which will be taking place in the Silver Tassie towards the end of March[Exact date to be confirmed].Entry is 40 euro per team[Entrants will recieve a 5 euro drink voucher each].The first 32 teams will be accepted,with 1000 euro's for the winning team.If you're interested in getting involved contact Paul on 0868636974.Adios.

I'm in the Igo Inn,Ballybrack tonight,for the game between the Igo and the Farmhouse[Blue].Both teams have made a reasonable start to the season,with the Igo pushing for a top 4 spot and the Farm occupying a mid table position.I made the home team favourites for this evenings game,but on hearing of a few absentee's for them,I began to think it might be a close call.The Farm lads arrived nice and early and got their refreshments in.Somebody stole Paul Barr's comb!!Then the game began at 10pm-

Gavin O Toole 2 v Ben FitzPatrick 1.
    Gavin sneaks the opening leg on 16s,then Ben hits a 140 en route to levelling in 23 arrows.The Igo man then shows his class to see off Ben in 19 darts,which included a 140 and 134,with Ben waiting on 70.Cracking game.

Haggle Hennessy 0 v Paul Barr 2.
    Both guys struggle to hit top form,but Paul shows more composure on his doubles to level the contest.Doubles 3 and 8 do the biz.

Paul Weafer 1 v Kevin Lacey 2.
    Paul starts fast and takes out a sizzling bull finish in 21 darts,but Kevin stays calm and levels things with a fantastic 18 darter punctuated by a 115 outshot.A 137 start to the decider gives Kevin the edge and he nails double 5 to put the Blues 2-1 up.

Gavin Merrigan 2 v Dave Barr 1.
    A real war of attrition here as Gavin comes out on the happy side of three successive madhouse finishes.Dave was a little nervy,but will learn from this.

Mick Hennessy 2 v Mark Roe 0.
    Mick hits 3 tons in a row,prior to taking out double 12 in 22 darts.Mark has his chance to level things but hits 16s instead of 8s and the Igo man punishes him with a top lipstick kill.

Wayne Colgan 2 v Myles Healy 1.
    Wayne strikes first on double 10 before an 84 finish levels things for Myles.The Farm captain is left to regret a few missed doubles as Wayne nicks the game on double 8.

Martin Dutton 2 v Tony Hill 1.
    A clinical 90 outshot gives Martin a 1 nil lead.Tony strikes back with a 21 darter,despite 2 tons and a 134 from the Igo captain.The decider goes to the dreaded madhouse,where Martin is the first to hit it.Match over.

Jimmy Noonan 2 v Peter Coleman 1.
    Jimmy recovers from 1 nil down to put the icing on the Igo's cake with doubles 16 and 10.

Tonights game was hard to assess.There were some classy darts at times,and some well, let's just say,not so classy darts at other times.The Igo,of course,won't dwell too long on the performance.The points are in the bag and they continue their push for a lofty league position.They were missing three regular team players tonight,and had it not been for some shoddy finishing from the visitors,it may have had a bearing on the outcome.Both teams are better than what they showed tonight,and while the finishing was poor,the scoring was decent enough.There were a few talented young players on display tonight,notably Gavin O Toole,Kevin Lacey and Mark Roe.Mark I believe has the potential to be far better than we saw tonight.While he has the natural ability,he maybe needs to put a bit more intensity into his game.If Myles can combine the promise of his young players with the experience of Ben Fitz,Paul Barr and himself,then they'll start to climb the league table.

180S-None tonight[5 140s,and several ton plusses].
    Game of the night-Gavin O Toole/Ben FitzPatrick.
    Man of the match-Gavin O Toole[Cracking leg under severe pressure from Farm's top man.].
    Foodwatch-Sausage and chips[All I got was the basket they came in!].
    Don't forget to get those entries in for the Silver Tassie Doubles.It's filling up fast and only the first 32 teams will get in.There's a grand for the winners.Date will be posted next week.Contact Paul on 0868636974.

We're approaching the midway point in the season,and three teams are vying for favouritism in this years Borough league.One of those team's,the Bray Fisherman's Club,were in Shankill tonight to take on Mickey Byrne's.They are a decent side,and beat the current champs,the Noggin,on my last visit here.The Bray lads were aware of this and were not expecting a Valentines day massacre.The match began at 10 when Ste Wright and Joe Fagan took to the oche-

Stephen Knight 0 v Joe Fagan 2.
    Joe takes a close opener with a smooth 72 outshot,then kicks off with a 140 on his way to a brilliant 18 darter to secure the opening point for the visitors.

Skinny White 1 v Stephen McCormack 2.
    Stephen hits 100-140 before taking out double 8 in 23 arrows.Skinny levels it up with a double 8 kill.Then in the decider Stephen once again hits a 140 but Skinny regrets 5 missed darts for the win as Stephen eventually nails double 3.

Mark Byrne 2 v Thomas Smyth 1.
    Mark flies out of the traps with a 121 and 125 on his way to taking the opener on double 8.A treble 20 blitz sees the Bray man level things in 18 arrows.The deciding leg is a scrappy affair,but it's Mark who seals the win on double 11.

Donal O Toole 1 v Mark Cranley 2.
    Mark makes hard work of the opener after a 140-121 start,but eventually nails two sevens.Donal responds with a brace of tons before levelling on double 9.Then in a stunning decider,Mark goes 123-125-125 before nailing 65 in a magical 14 darter.Donal can do nothing about it except shake his rivals hand.

Chris Boyce 0 v Anto Lynch 2.
    Chris has plenty of chances to take a scrappy opener,but is made to pay for passing up the opportunity when Anto eventually hits double 2.Anto then finishes it off on tops in 22 darts.Frustration for Chris,but you must hit those doubles.

Ste Wright 2 v Barry Murphy 1.
    Stephen gives the home team some hope,coming from a leg down to defeat the Fishermen's captain.A brace of double 18s gets the job done.

Paul O Carroll 0 v Willie Murphy 2.
    Willie takes a nervy opener on double 4,but is far more assured in the 2nd leg,hitting 2 tons and a 99 on his way to securing the points for the visitors,again on double 4.

John Kane 2 v Paddy Scanlon 1.
    Typical end of the evening game as both lads struggle to find their best form,but a delighted John takes the win on double 8 after Paddy had missed a few chances himself.

A good evenings entertainment tonight,with two teams who were really up for it.Both sides gave great support to their players and created a cracking atmosphere.The Fishermen will be relieved to get the 2 points tonight as this was a potential banana skin for them.With the score at 2-1 and 1 leg all in the 4th game I thought we might end up with a 4-4 draw,but credit must go to Mark Cranley,who produced some fantastic darts to defeat one of Byrne's best players.The home team missed a few too many doubles against a team who are growing in confidence every week.They may well be challenging for the title come seasons end.

180s-None tonight.
    Man of the match-Mark Cranley[great darts at a crucial time]
    Foodwatch-Ham salad,Cheese salad,tuna salad sambo's.Oh and some got cake!

Silver Tassie doubles competition will take place on Saturday,March 19th.Places still available.1000 euro's to the winning team-First 32 teams accepted.GO ON HAVE A GO.

As we approach the mid point of the season,I've absolutely no idea who will go on to take the league title.There's no outstanding candidate at this stage.It seems that there are 4 or 5 evenly matched teams out there and any one of them could end up winning it.Tonights fixture,between the Tassie[A] and the Lough[A],should have a significant impact on things.The Tassie have been steadily creeping back into contention over the past few weeks,with wide margin victories in their last 3 matches.The Lough meanwhile suffered a stunning upset loss to the Tassie at home last week and were determined to correct matters this evening.I was looking forward to a proper game this evening,and I wasn't to be disappointed-

Stephen Andrews 0 v Kevin O Callaghan 2.
    Kevin hits a brilliant maximum and a 123 on his way to a sizzling 16 darter.Stephen misses 4 opportunities to level things,which allows Callo to secure the opening point on double 18.Cracking start to the evening.

Gary Gregory 2 v Bullet Kellaghan 1.
    Gary hits a 140 on his way to taking the opener in 22 arrows,before Bullet squares things on double 5.Both men nail 140's in a quality decider,but it's Gary who levels the match on double 10 in 20 darts.

Bill Bailey 0 v Billy Matthews 2.
    Bill not consistent in the opener and Billy takes it comfortably on tops.The 2nd leg is closer,but Billy gets there first again on double 10 in 22 darts.Bill had one pop at 16s.

Andy Lacey 1 v Lar Bryan 2.
    Big scores fly in from both lads as Andy takes a lead in 19 darts.The Tassie man misses his chance to wrap it up,allowing Lar to level on tops in 21 darts.Big mistake that cos Lar hits overdrive with 2 140s in a magic 15 darter to put the visitors 3-1 up.Super game this.

Peter Rowe 2 v John Ross Crangle 0.
    Peter nicks the opener on tops as JR squanders 6 chances.But theres no stopping the Phantom as he takes the victory with a scary 79 out shot.

Mick Cummins 2 v Leo Murphy 1.
    Both lads struggle for form as the first 2 legs are shared.Then the Tassie man suddenly hits form,nailing a 140 on his way to levelling the match score in 20 spears.Game on now.

Ben Prenter 2 v Mark Ennis 1.
    A quality encounter here as the first 2 legs are shared with a brace of 22 darters.Then Ben assumes command with some big scores before giving the Tassie the lead with a double 10 kill.It's fair to say the locals were quite pleased with this 20 darter!

Andy Poole 2 v Tony Geraghty 0.
    Poole keeps his cool to take the opener in a smooth 21 arrows.Then,with tensions running high Tony misses a pop at 16s,allowing Andy to complete a fantastic come from behind victory for the Tassie lads,with a last gasp double 2 finish.

Man of the match-Has to be The Phantom.Tassie brought back from the dead by an inspirational display.[That 79 finish lifted the whole team.And the roof aswell!!].
    180 men-Kevin O Callaghan.[Top class display overall from yet another promising young player].

Game of the night-Andy Lacey/Lar Bryan.[Both lads take the gloves off in a real high class encounter.Neither deserved to lose].
    Foodwatch-In keeping with the evening,the sambo's were excellent.Even the cheese ones!!

A really entertaing match tonight,with both squads really up for the battle.It looked at one stage as though the Lough would steamroller their opponents after Billy Matthews and Lar Bryan had given them a 3-1 lead.But cometh the hour-cometh the man,as Peter Rowe breathed new life into the Tassie's faltering challenge.The whole team were visibly lifted by his gutsy victory over a below par John Ross Crangle.However one swallow does not a summer make,and the Tassie's remaining arrowsmiths still had work to do.One by one they claimed victory until finally the ultimate prize was secured.How significant this win will prove to be ,only time will tell.It's been a topsy turvy first half to the season and I have no idea who will go on to claim the Borough league crown.The momentum is with the Tassie at the moment,but I'm sure a certain team from Bray and another from the Farm will have a big say in the outcome.And don't forget the vanquished team tonight.This defeat will sting for a while,but they will bounce back from this and are still live contenders for the league.I'd like to wish all teams the very best of luck in the Cup,which begins on Thursday.There are some tasty encounters on the menu,but the pick of them has to be the rematch of this evenings game up in the Lough.Whatever way it goes it's sure to be a cracker.Adios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

As a borough leage lad in exile in the rebel county, these reports bring the league into my front room, brilliant to read bout Billy matt winning, not bad for an auld lad, hope the league finishes soon, its near pigeon racing time and we wont see billy for a while and Bullett and Lar still playing, do they wheel these lads out in a wheelchair week after week.

keep up the great work Maniac

Dicie

The second half of an intriguing season starts tonight,and I'm in Ballybrack for the game between the Igo and the Lough[A].The Igo are having a decent season to date and lie just behind the leading 5 teams.A win tonight would see them rekindle their slim hopes of title glory.The Lough meanwhile are attempting to rebound from a pair of damaging defeats to the Tassie's A and B teams.With the Noggin creeping back into contention and the Tassie[A] boys hitting overdrive,Leo Murphy's team could ill afford another defeat.Mick Kane was limbering up when I arrived,looking in good form,and he was joined by his teammates at 9.45.After the greetings and formalities were over,battle commenced a 10pm-
    Gavin O Toole 2 v Mick Kane 1.
    Gavin is quickly into his stride,knocking in a 140 and a 125 on his way to securing the opening leg in 21 arrows.Mick levels matters on double 5 after Gavin hits the wrong double,but the Igo man makes light of it by blitzing in an 18 darter,which included 2 tons and a 139.Mick was lurking on 82 in a quality opener.
    Gavin Merrigan 0 v Paddy Byrne 2.
    Paddy hits 123,140 en route to taking out 86 in a clinical 17 darter.Gavin then has a chance to square things,but spurns his chance at double 11,and Paddy makes him pay with a top lipstick kill.

Wayne Colgan 1 v Lar Bryan 2.
    Wayne hits a 121,but its not enough to prevent Lar from taking the opening leg on 10s in 21 darts.We went to a decider after Wayne edged a tight second leg on double 5.The ex teammates then had a real tussle in that decider with both having chances,however Lar nailed the winning double 2 to give the visitors a 2-1 lead.

Jimmy Noonan 1 v John Ross Crangle 2.
    John Ross takes a rather scrappy opener on double 2,and takes command of the second with a 137.But Jimmy digs deep and fights back,levelling on double top.The decider is up for grabs until a brilliant 82 finish on the bull,gives JR the spoils.

Paul Levins 1 v Kevin O Callaghan 2.
    Paul nails 3 tons in the opener to give himself a pop at tops.He misses however and is made to pay
    dearly as Kev wipes out a ton finish in 18 classy darts.The Igo man hits back with a 75 kill on tops to take us all the way.Some sublime throwing sees both lads down to a finish in 18 spears,and once again it goes the Lough's way as Kevin takes out double 8 in 19 darts.A high class encounter indeed.

Mick Hennessy 0 v Mark Ennis 2.
    Any hopes of an Igo revival are crushed,as Mark puts in a flawless performance.The treble 20 takes a hammering as he takes just 35 arrows in total to win the two legs.A stunned Mick hits 2 tons in the 2nd leg but its nowhere near enough.Game over.

Haggle Hennessy 1 v Leo Murphy 2.
    Leo takes out double 10 after a ton and a 121,before Haggle levels with a 70 outshot.The Igo captain turns it on in the decider,hitting 2 tons and a 99 before sealing the deal in 20 darts on double 10.

Noel Keating 0 v Tony Taite 2.
    Tony puts the icing on the cake with a convincing win over Noel.Doubles 15 and 8 makes it 7-1.

180s-None tonight.
    Man of the match-Mark Ennis[Brilliant darts from the fiery Lough pitcher].
    Game of the night-Dead heat between Gavin O Toole/Mick Kane and Paul Levins/Kevin O Callaghan[Both crackers].
    Foodwatch-Red hot sossy and chips,luvly jubbly.

So a comfortable win in the end for the Lough team.They were razor sharp on their finishing tonight,which of course is what wins matches.There were some outstanding individual performances this evening,with Mark Ennis the pick of a very good bunch.When Mark is not so hard on himself he can really play.His young teammate,Kevin O Callaghan is really finding his feet with the Lough[A] now and he is a player with a bright future.The Igo too have a young player of real quality in Gavin O Toole,who displayed great composure to defeat the 5 time singles champ,Mick Kane.He should take plenty from this win.The Lough must continue to play to their strengths if they are to lift the title at seasons end.When they gel together they are a top top team.It will boil down to their games with the other contenders,and I cant wait for those encounters.The Igo didn't play too badly this evening,but just need to start hitting those crucial doubles.They should finish in the top 6 this season,which would be a decent effort.

Finally,just to let you guys know,there are 8 spots left in the Silver Tassie doubles comp on Sat March 19th.Its gonna be a fantastic day out,so get your team in now.Contact Paul on 0868636974.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

another good report. Thanks. Enjoy reading about any darts game especially when it is reported well.

Thanks for the supportive comments guys.I really enjoy covering these games,and it's great to see so many promising players out there.I admire all the competitors in the leagues,cos it takes bottle to stand there and play for your team.Win or lose you guys keep coming back for more,and you should all be proud of that.I 'd like to think some day we might produce a top Irish pro from the league.The Borough league has the potential to become a real hotbed for young darting talent and hopefully that will happen.

DartManiac wrote: »
    Thanks for the supportive comments guys.I really enjoy covering these games,and it's great to see so many promising players out there.I admire all the competitors in the leagues,cos it takes bottle to stand there and play for your team.Win or lose you guys keep coming back for more,and you should all be proud of that.I 'd like to think some day we might produce a top Irish pro from the league.The Borough league has the potential to become a real hotbed for young darting talent and hopefully that will happen.

Just my own opinion, but the borough league had a chance with more than 1 player to make him an established name within the game of darts. Iv seen 1st hand how good some of these lads can be, i doubt at the time dave kellaghan was playing at the top of his game many in this country could match him, likewise with Ciaran mc grath was also at the time playing outstanding.

But other things take over, lads get married, have familys and all of a sudden they can not commit the time and energy playing at the level they have reached.

Billy Matthews proved how good the borough leage was by winning his way thru a field of near 600 players to win his spot at the grand prix and in my opinion, it was very well deserved, Mick Kane is another fine example of a proper darts player, but, the next step is so so hard to take, other things have to be sacrificed, instead of going out with your mates on a saturday you find you have to drive around the country or further afield to the uk to play a competition, and with the cost of the PDC circuit (£100) per event, it would not take many 1st round exits (and they wud happen at the beginning) to make you second guess your own ability.

There is always the other way, go thru the INDO circuit, play county darts, then kick on to INDO singles and doubles events. Cheaper option, but still not cheap.

I admire any player that gets off his back side and goes and gives it 100%, i do laugh at some lads as they talk about these players behind there backs, the likes of "What does he think hes at" or the one "Sure im better than him"............................... Nothing stopping anyone from chasing a dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

Dicie wrote: »
    Just my own opinion, but the borough league had a chance with more than 1 player to make him an established name within the game of darts. Iv seen 1st hand how good some of these lads can be, i doubt at the time dave kellaghan was playing at the top of his game many in this country could match him, likewise with Ciaran mc grath was also at the time playing outstanding.

But other things take over, lads get married, have familys and all of a sudden they can not commit the time and energy playing at the level they have reached.

Billy Matthews proved how good the borough leage was by winning his way thru a field of near 600 players to win his spot at the grand prix and in my opinion, it was very well deserved, Mick Kane is another fine example of a proper darts player, but, the next step is so so hard to take, other things have to be sacrificed, instead of going out with your mates on a saturday you find you have to drive around the country or further afield to the uk to play a competition, and with the cost of the PDC circuit (£100) per event, it would not take many 1st round exits (and they wud happen at the beginning) to make you second guess your own ability.

There is always the other way, go thru the INDO circuit, play county darts, then kick on to INDO singles and doubles events. Cheaper option, but still not cheap.

I admire any player that gets off his back side and goes and gives it 100%, i do laugh at some lads as they talk about these players behind there backs, the likes of "What does he think hes at" or the one "Sure im better than him"............................... Nothing stopping anyone from chasing a dream!
    fair play my feeling's exactly dicie i ony had a debate n the pub on monday about your last point "icu" lol, but your right it's so expensive personally i think mick kane if interested and practised and had the finances is by far the best player in the borough and prob will be for a few years yet also with dave and ciaran i played with both for a few years two super players. but some super young players coming through so there's always hope:)

wayne76 wrote: »
    fair play my feeling's exactly dicie i ony had a debate n the pub on monday about your last point "icu" lol, but your right it's so expensive personally i think mick kane if interested and practised and had the finances is by far the best player in the borough and prob will be for a few years yet also with dave and ciaran i played with both for a few years two super players. but some super young players coming through so there's always hope:)

Mick has always been a great player, maybe a bit settled now thou, all this travelling is a young mans game, but he has the darts to beat anyone.

Shane Ryan/Joe fagan wud be 2 lads iv heard nothing but good things about, but, and i mean this in th nicest possible way, competitions wont come and be played in your kitchen, gotta make the odd sacrifice and go and give them ago, and dont listen to them that will knock you, and there will be plenty of them around.

Kevin (ton machine) came to a few events, he came to the biggest of em in kells last yr, the round robin and im sure he was impressed with the standard, cause it is very very high at these events.

But the rewards are great, just ask Shane o connor who won that event

Dicie wrote: »
    Mick has always been a great player, maybe a bit settled now thou, all this travelling is a young mans game, but he has the darts to beat anyone.

Shane Ryan/Joe fagan wud be 2 lads iv heard nothing but good things about, but, and i mean this in th nicest possible way, competitions wont come and be played in your kitchen, gotta make the odd sacrifice and go and give them ago, and dont listen to them that will knock you, and there will be plenty of them around.

Kevin (ton machine) came to a few events, he came to the biggest of em in kells last yr, the round robin and im sure he was impressed with the standard, cause it is very very high at these events.

But the rewards are great, just ask Shane o connor who won that event

i'l hopefully be making a better effort this year when college is over can concentrate more on my darts.i completely agree with you dicie everyone can throw 180's for fun in the kitchen but will get you no were you need to be playing against better players then yourself. since i have started playing in the two leagues i have noticed that my darts have got alot better and am much more relaxed playing in front of alot of people.

hopefully in the next few years i'll be joining the irish lads in the PDC and getting stuck in with the best of them

Mick Kane 2 - 0 Joe Fagan
    Great game to start tonight between two of the best players in the league. Mick wins first leg with 2 tons and a 135 while Joe hit back with a 140 and 2 85's and missed a dart tops before Mick gets a D9. Mick gets off to a flyer in 2nd leg with 2 140's and a ton while Joe struggles to get back at him, Mick finishes the game off with a D4 after missing 2 darts previous and take the leg in 17 darts. Good start for the Lough.

Lar Bryan 0 - 2 PJ Bryan
    2nd game of the night was as high a quality as the 1st and although Lar scored well he just couldn't hit that double missing 6 darts after scoring 125,2x100's and a 97 but PJ as always came back and took the leg with a clinical dart on D10for a 20 darter after hitting a 125 and a 95. The 2nd leg was to be near the same as the first with Lar hitting 2x81's,134 and a 137 but that double eluded him again with another 6 shots to claim a leg and PJ with consistent scores of 85,97,93 and a 100 came back once again with another 20 darter to show why he's been singles champion the past 2 seasons. BHFC back in it at 1-1

Billy Matthews 0-2 Thomas Smith
    The 3rd game again was full of quality and the Fishermans wonder signing came up trumps against a Borough league legend who would be losing for the first time all season. In the first leg both players were hitting consistent scores of 80+ but Tommy on 130 hit treble 20 then a single and nailed bullseye for a cracking finish with 21 darts with Billy sitting on 58. The 2nd leg was a cracker with Billy getting 140,100 and 85 but Tommy blasted a crucial 180 at the right time and took out 55 in 2 darts for a 17 dart finish and the Fishermans had taken the lead 2-1.

Dave Kelleghan 2-0 Mark Cranley
    Dave starts off well with 60,100,45,125 but Mark fights back after a sloppy opening with 81,95,81 and misses 4 darts to take the leg but Dave eventually finishes up on D10. Dave once again starts the 2nd leg brightly as Mark struggles to produce his best form and it is 'Bullet' who takes the leg on D16 and gets the match back level.

Kevin O'Callaghan 0-2 Anto Lynch
    Kevin hits some consistent scoring and gets a 140 to leave him on 88 while Anto after hitting 2x100's leaves himself on 160 and duly obliges with a fantastic outshot! Once again consistent scoring by both players and after Anto misses tops he lets Kevin in but he misses his chance and Anto take sout D10 to the delight of the Fishermans club and they take a lead of 3-2 into the last 3 games.

Mark Ennis 2-1 Paddy Scanlon
    Mark takes the early initiative and wins the 2st leg after a couple of 100+ scores and a D4 checkout. Paddy fights back in the 2nd to level the game after both players miss chances and its into a nervy deciding leg. A win in this leg would have guaranteed a point for BHFC but Mark was having none of it and polished off the game with 18 darts after Paddy struggled to find his range. Vital victory for the Lough and now 3-3 and its getting nervy!!!

Paddy Byrne 2-0 Willie Murphy
    Both players start the leg with some inconsistency but Paddy bursts into life after he takes out a 121 finish in 21 darts and take the game by the scruff. Willie despite hitting 100 struggles to find the treble as Paddy's consistency around the 20's are crucial and the Lough Inn new boy hits tops in 19 darts this time to take the 2nd leg and put the Lough within touching distance of them vital 2 points and guarentee them at least 1.

Leo Murphy 2-0 Barry Murphy
    The 2 captains face off in the most nervy game i've witnessed form both these players and understandable with the circumstances surrounding them. Both get off quite well with Leo's early 100 matched by a 160 from Barry but Leo knuckled down and grabbed the 1st leg just as Barry was creeping down to a double. The 2nd leg really was nervy! Both players struggled with there game as the tension showed and in the end it was Leo who once again came out with the finish to leave BHFC pointless whilst grabbing a huge 2 pts for the Lough.

A cracking game between two very good teams with some pretty high scoring with 40 scores in the match of 100 or more over the 17 legs including 160,130 and 121 checkouts and a sole 180 for Thomas Smith.

Man of the Match: Thomas Smith
    Game of the Night: Kevin O'Callaghan v Anto Lynch. Had everything big scores, missed doubles and big finishes
    Sandwiches: Ham,Cheese,Egg Mayo and a few King crisps. Not badrolleyes.gif

I'd like to thank my deputy maniac for writing up this excellent report.Fair play to you John Ross,even an oul foodwatch report!I was at a Cheltenham preview on Monday night,which I had to attend,so this is much appreciated.Anyway for all you punters out there here's what the panel at the preview went for.Tranquil Sea[Ryanair Chase]-Reve De Sivola[Spinal Research Chase]-Cue Card[Supreme Nov Hdl]-Big Zeb[Champion Chase]-Big Bucks[World Hurdle]-Celtus[Fred Winter Nov Hdl].

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 paddyscan

hey paul, its paddy scanlon ( tubes) can you put myself and my uncle down for the doubles in the tassie cheers pal

No probs Paddy.You're in.

Hello again darts fans,it's off to the Noggin tonight for the top game this Monday.Reigning champions,the Noggin Hunters,are playing host to the current league fruntrunners,the Tassie[A].Both teams have made a comeback of sorts following an indifferent start to the current campaign.As I say the Tassie are atop of the mountain at the moment,but are surrounded by 4 other teams,each well capable of lifting the league title come season's end.One of those teams are the Hunters,who have steadily crept into contention once again,and will be in no mood to relinquish their crown.I travelled to the venue with the Tassie lads,who seemed focussed for the challenge,and we arrived at 9.45.After the meeting and greeting the teams prepared for battle-

Alan Kelly 0 v Ben Prenter 2.
    Ben wins a scrappy encounter in which neither player hits top form.Kellier has his moments,but Ben hits the decisive doubles 4 and 10 to give the visitors the perfect start.
    Jimmy Byrne 0 v Stephen Andrews 2.
    Stephen nicks a tight opener on double 4,then in a quality 2nd leg,with both men tickling the lipstick,Jimmy squanders 3 chances at 16s allowing Stephen to wipe out 80 in 21 spears.
    Mark Mulvaney 2 v Bill Bailey 0.
    Mark hits a ton and 125 in the opening leg yet Bill nearly steals it from nowhere.A last gasp double 2 gives Mark the lead,and he doesnt look back from there.A superb 18 darter leaves Bill feeling blue,and puts the Hunters on the board.
    Tom Hennessy 1 v Andy Lacey 2.
    Andy takes a tight opener on double 10 in 23 arrows,but Tom hits back to level things with a double 16 kill.The crucial decider looks like its going Tom's way after a brace of tons from the Noggin man,but Andy applies pressure with some solid scoring of his own,and when Tom misses tops,Andy pounces on double 16,much to the delight of the Tassie faithful.
    John Crangle 0 v Gary Gregory 2.
    John starts well with a 140 and an 81,and has his chance at the top lipstick.He misses however and Gary doesn't need to be asked twice and pops the double top.The Tassie man settles down and hits a pair of tons and a 125 on his way to eventually securing the win on double 2.4-1 Tassie.

John Cummins 1 v Peter Rowe 2.
    The Noggin captain explodes into action with a brilliant 18 darter,punctuated by a 76 outshot on tops.The Phantom has to survive 4 scares before levelling things on double 5 in a high scoring 2nd leg.Both men went at it hard in the decider,but the throw to the bull proved decisive as Peter held his nerve to take out 10s in 19 arrows.John was lurking on 24.Game over.
    Jack Roche 1 v Wayne Gallagher 2.
    The match may have been over,but these 2 lads gave us a fine match.A classy 80 finish put Wayne 1 up,before Jack nailed a 21 darter to level things.The decider was all Wayne as he took out a 21 darter himself on double 5.

Kevin O Connell 0 v John Kenny 2.
    The misery continues for the champs as John cruises to a 2 nil win.It's not happening for Kevin and 2 solid legs from John,including a 22 darter in the 2nd leg gives the Tassie an impressive 7-1 victory.

180s-None tonight.
    Game of the night-John Cummins/Peter Rowe[John almost gave the hosts a lifeline,but a brilliant 19 darter sealed the win for the Tassie.
    Man of the match-Andy Lacey/Peter Rowe[Andy's win against a quality player gave the visitors some vital breathing space,while Peter snuffed out any hopes of a Noggin revival.
    Foodwatch-Panic was beginning to set in at 11.20,but when the grub arrived it was tasty-Ham,chicken,tuna and cheese sambos.

A great result tonight for the Tassie[A].I thought coming here that a draw was on the cards,or at least a very tight encounter.It was however,in truth,quite onesided.Noggin captain,John Cummins felt that his team's finishing had let them down,however they seemed to lack any real belief this evening.Maybe if Tom Hennessy's game had gone their way,the momentum would have shifted,but it didn't and the Tassie ran out worthy winners.This win will give the league leaders a massive boost as they press on in search of their first league crown.There's a fair way to go yet and they are mindful of taking one game at a time.Their three closest pursuers all won last night,so any slip up could see a change at the top.But at the moment their destiny is in their own hands.The Noggin lads need to pick themselves up quickly and try if they can to go unbeaten for the rest of the campaign.That's the stark reality for them if they are to have any chance of retaining their crown.Even then they will need results to go their way.

Hello and welcome once again darts fans to the Monday report.But before that,just a few words about last Saturday's doubles tournament in the Silver Tassie.From the feedback I've been getting it seems that most people who attended had an enjoyable afternoon.From my point of view I couldn't have wished for it to go any smoother.There was some outstanding darts played and the order the players were given made me proud to be a part of the Borough league.I could not have run this event without the help of a lot of people.Joe Hayes and Tony Maher done a lot of work getting the 8 boards set up,while I was astounded by the amount of people willing to call or mark the games.Those ould drink vouchers are deadly!Seriously though,and most importantly,I want to thank those who took part,cos you guys are the stars of the show and I really appreciated your support.Congratulations to Chris and Donie,who were magic on the day and thoroughly deserved their victory.This is just the first of many events I hope to run,and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.
    And so on to tonight's very important encounter between the Lough[A] and the Farm[Red].Both teams are right in the hunt for title honours and this game may prove pivotal at the end of the season.The Farm lads arrived at 9.45 and seemed to have most of their key players,although Deano Sebastian was not with them.The Lough team were at full strength with a nice blend of experience and up and coming players,eager to get it on as they say.The game began at 10.05 when Mick Kane and Gary Healy were called to the oche-
    Mick Kane 2 v Gary Healy 0.
    A quality opening game with both lads peppering the treble 20.A 20 darter seals the opener for Mick,before a hattrick of tons sets up an opportunity for the Farm captain to level.He spurns 3 pops allowing Mick in to finish double 10 in 21 spears.
    Dave Kellaghan 0 V Shane Ryan 2.
    Shane blitzes the treble 20,but some slipshod finishing allows Dave a chance to sneak the opener.He misses a set up single however and Shane is relieved to take out 4s in 22 arrows.2 tons and a 125 help Shane give the Farm a foothold in the match by nailing the top lipstick.
    Mark Ennis 2 v Angus Fleming 0.
    Both lads had shots to take the opening leg,with Mark eventually finishing double 2.Then in a sensational 2nd leg Gussie hit 2 140s to Mark's one as the gloves came off.The Farm man left 36 after 12 spears,but incredibly he missed 6 tries at a double.Mark to his credit had kept in touch with some fine darts of his own and was right there to punish Gussie by hitting 16s in 17 darts.A class game.
    Lar Bryan 2 v Ollie Smails 0.
    Lar takes the opener with a sweet 69 outshot,then starts 100-140 to set up a clear lead in the 2nd leg.He starts to lose concentration however and Ollie gets a chance to steal the leg.Sadly for the Farm chucker he fails to take his opportunity and Lar eventually gets the winning double 4.
    Kevin O Callaghan 1 v Jimmy McGuinness 2.
    Jimmy took a scrappy and quite tense opener on double 10,before the Lough young gun struck back with a sizzling 19 darter.Jimmy kept his cool and rose to the challenge,hitting a brace of tons and a 140 to leave Kevin trailing in the decider.Double 10 sealed the victory and put the game back in the melting pot.
    Billy Matthews 0 v Dan Boyce 2.
    Dan flys out of the gate with a 140 and 125 to stun Billy,before taking the opener on tops in 19 arrows.The second leg is much closer,but when Billy missed an opportunity to level Dan pounced on double 16 in 21 darts.3-3 now and its hotting up.
    Paddy Byrne 2 v Gary Murphy 0.
    Gary starts fast with 100-140-99 and looks poised to take the opener.He gets stuck on the dreaded double 3 however and Paddy gets back into the leg.What followed would be comical if it wasn't so important as both lads seemed to forget how to throw darts.Eventually after at least 15 attempts Paddy put an end to the leg on double 8.The 2nd leg was a complete polar opposite from Paddy's point of view as he clinically took the game with a classy 19 darter.I felt sorry for young Gary,but he's a good pitcher.
    John Ross Crange 2 v Charlo Dunne 0.
    Once again the Farm player had ample opportunities to take the first leg,but passed them up allowing JR to get out of jail on double 1.And just as in the previous game the Lough pitcher suddenly found his form.A perfectly timed 133 set up a double 10 kill in 20 darts,thus sealing a potentially crucial win.

Man Of The Match-Mark Ennis[won a seriously top class leg and was there to make Gussie pay for missing his doubles]
    180S-Incredibly none this evening,but stacks of 140s.
    Foodwatch-Nice array of sambo's.I tried 2 egg ones and I'm so far so good!

Tonights game had everything you could want in a borough league match featuring two quality outfits.There was some blistering scoring but also some vulnerability when it came to hitting doubles.It seemed as though the Lough were on their way to a relatively comfortable win when they went 3 one up,but the Farm lads showed plenty of heart,and no lack of skill to claw their way back into the game.The first leg of the seventh game was pivotal,and after Paddy had been gifted it,things turned back in the Lough's favour.A draw may have been an appropriate result,but at this level you can't give a team like the Lough any favours.They'll take those chances with open arms.With the Silver Tassie[A] losing tonight,the league pendulum has swung back in favour of the Lough lads,but every week is important from now on,and any one of 4 from the Lough,The Tassie[A],The Farm[Red]and the Bray fishermen can win this league.It's too tricky to call just now but by god it's exciting.Until next week,may the darts be with you.

and again the curse of DM strikes me and my doubles again :p

Things are really beginning to hot up at the top end of the table now.A missed double here or there can prove fatal such is the tightness of things.We've had a few different pacesetters this season and at the moment it's the Lough[A]s turn at the top.Can they stay there or will they be overtaken by a strong finishing side?These questions will be answered in time, but for now each team must take one match at a time.The game tonight,between the Farm[Red] and the Silver Tassie[A] is a biggee for both teams.A win for either is essential with the Lough boys hitting top form.I travelled to the Farm with the Tassie squad,and they seemed well motivated for their assignment.They were still smarting from last weeks defeat to a resurgent Enniskerry,and were looking to get back to winning ways.We arrived at 9.45 and proceedings got under way at 10-

Angus Fleming 2 v Ben Prenter 0.
    Strangely subdued game as both lads give each other too much respect.A 140 in the opener gives Gus the edge and he takes it on double 10.Ben has a 140 of his own in the 2nd leg but misses 3 darts at a double,allowing Gus in to kill 64 on tops.
    Shane Ryan 2 v John Kenny 0.
    Shane takes the opener with ease on double 4 as John struggles for form.The 2nd leg is closer as John strings a few scores together,but Shane always has the edge and makes it 2 nil with a 22 darter.
    Dan Boyce 2 v Andy Lacey 1.
    Dan takes a tight opener on lucky double 13 after Andy misses 3 pops.The Tassie finally win a leg as Andy levels with double 4.The decider sees Dan hit his stride to give the Farm a commanding lead,as he nails double 18 in 20 arrows.
    Jimmy McGuinness 0 v Peter Rowe 2.
    The Phantom gives the Tassie hope as he defeats a below par Jimmy with finishes on double 2 and double 5.
    Gary Healy 1 v Mick Cummins 2.
    Gary takes the opener on double 2 with the help of a 140.Then in a stunning leg of darts Mick pulverises the lipstick,hitting a max and a 140 before leaving an attempt for a 12 darter on the wire of the bull.The Tassie man eventually takes out double 2 in 20 darts before starting the decider 121-100 as Gary tries in vain to stay in touch.Mick secures the win on double 15 with a 22 darter.Tremendous scoring.
    Ollie Smails 2 v Gary Gregory 0.
    Solid opener from the Farm man gets it done in 23 darts.Gary hits 100-134 and 121,but Ollie remains calm in the face of this burst,to see off Gary on double top.He enjoyed the win I THINK!!
    Gary Murphy 0 v Ste Andrews 2.
    The treble 20 takes a battering from both lads,but Stephen is clinical in taking the opener on double 10 in 18 spears.Gary bravely hits a brace of tons in the 2nd leg,but is completely overwhelmed by some blistering shooting from the Tassie man.A 140 sets up a classy 94 outshot as Stephen makes it 4-3 in 17 darts.All to play for now.
    Charlo Dunne 2 v Andy Poole 0.
    A cracking atmosphere for the last game of the evening.Andy has 6 chances to take the opener,but lets Charlo in to take out tops.Andy hits a pair of tons in the 2nd leg,but Charlo is on top of things with some solid darts of his own,and seals the victory on double 12.Cue mayhem!

180s-Mick the Magnet.
    Man Of The Match-Stephen Andrews was outstanding,but for the home team I'll go with Ollie Smails.Kept his cool under pressure[But then again that's for tyres!]
    Foodwatch-Sausages and chips.mmmmassive.I'm easily pleased!

A cracking result for the Farm young guns tonight.This win keeps them very much in the title hunt.After a dream start it looked as though the Tassie were applying some serious pressure on them.Indeed at 3-2 I thought a Tassie win was a distinct possibility.However Ollie Smails dug deep and saw off Gary Gregory in a pivotal game.They still had work to do after Ste Andrews hit back with some sublime darts,but all credit to Charlo Dunne as he saw off Andy Poole in a nervewracking final game.The Farm have some real strength in depth these days,which is what any team aspiring to win the league needs.As I say,they are right in the thick of things now,but must continue to focus on one game at a time.They can't control what other teams do.As for the Tassie,this defeat will sting big time,but they must remember they still have to play the league leaders,who consolidated their position tonight with a solid 5 nil win.A win against the Lough would bring them back into it,no doubt about it.There's some way to go yet and I'm sure there will be some twists before the trophies are dished out.Adios.

Welcome once again to the Monday report folks.This week I'm in Nancy Murphy's in Enniskerry for an intriguing clash between the Lough[A] and the steadily improving Enniskerry team.I travelled with the Lough lads and they were accutely aware of the threat that Enniskerry posed.Their previous encounter was very competitive and I felt this evening could see something similar.The Lough had their usual strong squad and we arrived at the venue at 9.50.Dave Corcoran and Mick Kane were first into battle in front of an enthusiastic audience-
    Dave Corcoran 0 v Mick Kane 2.
    5 times singles champ is in devastating form,hitting a max in both legs.A double 5 kill in the opener is followed by a brilliant 92 finish in 15 darts to give the visitors the perfect start.Both teams admire a master at work.
    Paul Byrne 2 v Lar Bryan 0.
    A brilliant response from the Enniskerry man,as he wins a high class encounter against one of the Lough's key players.140s and tons fly in from both lads but its Paul's sharper finishing that wins the day.21 and 18 darts is all it takes.
    Richie Kavanagh 1 v Dave Kellaghan 2.
    Richie takes the opener with 3 tons and a double 5 finish,then Bullet levels things after a host of chances go abegging.Richie is left regretting these missed chances when Bullet takes the decider on double 5.
    Sean McCabe 1 v Mark Ennis 2.
    Mark goes 1 up courtesy of a double 16 finish,then Sean hits back to level things after a 140 ton combo sets up a double 12 kill.The decider is a close call as Sean leaves himself 60,but the Lough man wipes out 70 in smooth fashion to put daylight between the teams.
    Deano Doran 1 v Kevin O Callaghan 2.
    Deano nicks a tight opener on tops with the help of a 140,then Kevin hits a 137 to set up a sublime 80 outshot.A vital decider goes Kevins way as he nails two eights in 23 arrows,with Deano left to regret 2 missed chances at tops and 10s.
    Paddy Corcoran jr 2 v Billy Matthews 1.
    Billy goes one up with a 19s kill,despite a brace of tons from Paddy.He fights back to square things as Billy misses 4 darts to win the game.The decider sees Paddy hit a ton-140 to Billy's 2 tons,then a fine 72 finish[18 darts] under pressure from Paddy breathes life into the home team once more.
    Paddy Corcoran snr 2 v Tony Geraghty 0.
    Its tight and tense as Paddy keeps the ball rolling for Enniskerry.Tony struggles to make an impact,and Paddy makes him pay with finishes on double's 2 and 6.
    Mossy O Shea 0 v John Ross Crangle 2.
    Credit to both players as they produce some fine darts under intense pressure.Solid scoring all round,but JR shows the greater composure to seal an excellent win for the Lough.Double 16 in the opener followed by a superb 19 darter gives the league leaders plenty to cheer about.

Man of the match-Mick Kane.Top class arrows from a borough league legend.
    180s-2 from Mick.
    Foodwatch-Very basic,and not very many.

A very interesting evenings entertainment,although I doubt Lough captain Leo Murphy will think it was entertaining.Having survived some early scares,it seemed as though the visitors would record a convincing win when they went 4-1 up.But a lot of credit must go to the Enniskerry lads,who showed real battling qualities to take it to a deciding game.There were some fantastic darts to begin with,as Mick Kane and Dave Corcoran played a cracking opener.2 maximums from Mick was something special.Then later in the evening,Paddy Corcoran sr almost brought the house down when just missing tops for a 160 finish.In the end it was a vital win for the Lough.It keeps them in pole position to claim this years league title.Tonight's game was a potential banana skin for them,and now that they're over it they will be very hard to beat.Enniskerry showed once again that they are a threat to all,and maybe next year,with the addition of a couple of new players they can go close to winning the league.Until next week slan.

We're approaching the home stretch in this year's Monday night league,and at the moment it's the Lough[A] who are leading the chasing pack,which comprises the Bray Fishermen,the Farm[Red],the Tassie[A],the Noggin Hunters and Enniskerry.Obviously,it's in the Lough's hands now,for if they win their remaining games they will be crowned champions.However,they have a couple of tricky games ahead against the Tassie[A] and the Noggin Hunters,who both have an outside chance of pinching the title.Tonight's featured game,between the Bray Fishermen and the Tassie[A],should give us an idea of who may be the Lough's main threat.I travelled to Bray with the Tassie lads,and we arrived refreshingly early at 9.40.The Bray lads were in full flow preparing for the tough game ahead.After a spot of banter and a tipple or two,proceedings began at 10pm-

PJ Bryan 2 v Ste Andrews 1.
    A rematch of the Borough singles final of 2009,and it's PJ who's off to a flier,hitting 2 tons and a 125 prior to taking out double 5 in 18 crisp arrows.Ste hits back with a brace of tons himself and a clinical 80 finish in 20 darts to send us to a decider.It's a real nip and tuck affair,but Ste leaves 2 on the wire of 18s,allowing PJ the opportunity to take out double 4 for the first point of the evening.
    Thomas Smyth 2 v Andy Poole 1.
    Thomas is on the wire of double 6 for a 126 out,and Andy pounces on double 18 to take the opener in 22.Then Thomas levels things on double 9 with the help of 2 tons along the way.The Bray man hits his stride in the decider,nailing a 125 and 140 before putting the home team 2 up in 19 spears.
    Joe Fagan 0 v Ken Kane 2.
    Former singles champ,Ken,takes the opener in a sizzling 19 darts.The 2nd leg is tight,but when Joe misses 2 pops at 19s,Ken siezes his chance to nail double 9,and puts the visitors on the board.
    Paddy Scanlon 0 v Bill Bailey 2.
    Bill takes the opener in 24 darts,hitting a 140 along the way.Paddy misses tops for a 120 outshot to level things and Bill is in no mood to give him another go as he nails tops himself to level the match.
    Anto Lynch 1 v Andy Lacey 2.
    Anto hits 2 tons and a 97 on his way to finishing double 6 in 21 darts.Andy digs in to take us to a decider with a tops kill in 22.The decider is high pressure stuff where Anto hits a ton and a 140,but it's not enough to prevent Andy from nailing tops to give the Tassie a vital lead heading into the back 3.
    Mark Cranley 1 v Gary Gregory 2.
    The first two legs are shared after both lads hit the top lipstick,Then in an intense struggle,where both players cane the treble 20,Mark goes in for 44 to level the match.Unbelievably he busts the score,giving Gary the chance to take out tops and send the Tassie lads wild with delight.
    Stephen McCormack 1 v Ben Prenter 2.
    Stephen takes the opener on double 2,before Ben repays the compliment with a double 2 finish of his own.In yet another fantastic decider,both lads give their all,hitting a 140 apiece before Ben took out a smooth 83 finish in 17 brilliant darts to secure a great win for the Tassie.
    Paul Devlin 0 v John Kenny 2.
    Toffo can't secure a consolation point,as John proves too consistent on the red bit.He hits the winning double 16 in 23 darts to put the icing on the Tassie cake.

180s-None tonight.
    Man of the match-Andy Lacey/Gary Gregory-Hard to separate these 2,who both won pivotal games under intense pressure.
    Foodwatch-Took it's time arriving,but it was worth it-Chipper chips and sausages,mmm sweet.

What a cracking atmosphere tonight,as both teams got right behind their players.It appeared early on as though the Bray lads would gain a stranglehold on the game,but full credit must go to the Tassie lads,who never gave up,and with the full support of their whole squad,they lifted themselves off the canvas and came back swinging.Ken Kane and Bill Bailey stayed composed as they brought the visitors back from the brink,then 2 young guns,Andy Lacey and Gary Gregory,won 2 crucial games to put them in control.It was left to the classy Ben Prenter to deliver the killing blow with a blistering 17 darter.I dont know what effect this result will have ultimately,but I know the Tassie boys still fancy their chances of upsetting the Lough when they meet in a few weeks time.They will have to win their other games aswell,but at least they've put themselves in the title picture once more.The Bray lads must be disappointed with how things turned out,having led 2 nil on their home patch.They can consider themselves slightly unlucky,as key players,Anto Lynch and Mark Cranley both had opportunities to secure a point.Had they done so things may have gone their way.As regards their title chances,it is a fairly damaging defeat,and they are now relying on results going their way if they are to challenge once more.On an evening where the Farm[Red] were beaten by the Noggin,it appears as though the Lough's nearest pursuers are finding the heat too much.The Lough,meanwhile had a comfortable win tonight against the Gallops,where I believe Lar Bryan had a magic 10 darter.Congratulations to him,that's some shooting.Until next week adios.

I'm back in the Fishermen's club again this Monday,for their game against the Igo Inn.It will be interesting to see if last week's defeat at the hands of the Tassie[A] has had a detrimental effect on them.The Igo were missing some key players for their visit,but are a decent side,well capable of holding their own against the better teams.I travelled to Bray with the Igo lads,and they were reasonably optimistic about getting a result,but knew it would be tough against a quality outfit like the Fishermen.We arrived just before ten,and the game began a short time later when Joe Fagan and Paul Weafer were called to the oche-
    Joe Fagan 2 v Paul Weafer 1.
    Joe explodes into action with a fabulous 17 darter to take the opener.The tiptop scoring continues in the next leg,with tons and 140s flowing freely,as Paul eventually levels the game on the madhouse.Joe starts the decider with a 140 and a brace of tons,and despite a few missed doubles,he deservedly nails two 4s and puts the home team one up.
    Barry Murphy 2 v Gavin O Toole 1.
    2 tons and a 98 puts Gavin in control of the opener,which he takes on double 2 after Barry narrowly fails to hit a 108 finish.Two tons and a 99 puts the Igo marksman on the brink of victory,but 4 missed opportunities allows the solid scoring Bray captain to level on the top lipstick.The decider is tight and tense with both lads scoring solidly.However a crucial missed double 10 from Gavin allows Barry to pounce with a winning double 9 kill.
    Thomas Smyth 2 v Mick Hennessy 1.
    Mick takes the opener on double 8 in 23 darts,hitting a 140 along the way.Thomas then goes into overdrive,blistering the treble 20,before taking out a cool 80 finish in 15 darts to level things.The Igo veteran digs deep in the decider,hitting a 140,but he cant prevent this brilliant player from taking the match on double 10 in 18 quality darts.
    Paddy Scanlon 0 v Wayne Colgan 2.
    A solid performance from Wayne here,as his consistent scoring proves too much for a misfiring Paddy.Doubles 15 and tops keeps the visitors interested.
    Anto Lynch 2 v Jimmy Noonan 0.
    A messy enough contest,with neither player at their best.Anto takes the opener on double 16.Then in a better 2nd leg, a 140 and 100 sets up the win for the Bray man as he takes out double 5.
    Stephen McCormack 0 v Gavin Merrigan 2.
    A 140 and 95 helps Gavin take the opener on double 16.Then in an awesome display of powerscoring,Gavin obliterates the red bit,hitting 140-121 and 177 setting up a brilliant 13 dart finish on double 10.Terrific performance.Stephen can only look on in admiration.
    Mark Cranley 2 v Craig Hennessy 0.
    A 140 and 98 from Haggle is not enough to prevent a solid scoring Mark from taking the opener in 22 arrows.Haggle hits another 140 in the 2nd leg,but once again it goes the Bray arrowsmith's way.After a host of missed doubles from both guys,Mark eventually ends proceedings on the madhouse.Game over.
    Paul Tobin 2 v John Grassick 1.
    A quite remarkable encounter here,between 2 darting legends.The packed house were enthralled as these two titans went head to head.Greengrass was first to strike,nailing double 15 in 11 darts,before the Bison roared back with an 11 darter of his own,hitting double 18 with his 2nd try.With the crowd at fever pitch,these darting wizards gave everyone a decider to remember.Once again the treble 20 bed took a fierce hammering as both guys raced down to a double in 9 darts,but under tremendous pressure it was the Bison who emerged victorious hitting double 10 in 10 arrows.John could only applaud these superb darts as he waited on two 16s.Quite remarkable stuff,and a game that will live long in everyone's memory.

180s-14[7 each for the Bison and Greengrass].Oh and a 177 from Gavin Merrigan.
    Man of the match-Thomas Smyth,Gavin Merrigan and John Grassick were brilliant,but it has to be the Bison.
    Foodwatch-Chips and sausages.I didn't come here just for the darts!!

A thoroughly enjoyable evening tonight,as it always is here in the Fisherman's.Nice lads,who know how to enjoy themselves and give great support,while also showing total respect for their opponents.The service was exemplary as usual,with Rose doing the bizzo behind the counter.The game itself was never seriously in doubt I felt after Thomas Smyth had seen off the valiant challenge of Mick Hennessy.There were some brilliant performances on both sides,in particular from Gavin Merrigan and Thomas Smyth.And yes,even though I hammed it up,the Bison played nicely,in between fits of giggles!!This win keeps the Bray lads in position to capitalise on any mistakes from the leaders,who were comfortable 6-2 winners this evening.The Igo nearly got back into it,but left themselves too much to do against a quality team.They remain in mid table,but will surely improve next term,when hopefully all their signed players will be available to play.Until next week,enjoy your darts.

• Advertisement

I'm in the Lough Inn tonight for a potentially pivotal game between the league leaders,the Lough[A] and 2nd placed Tassie[A].The home team were looking to take a major step towards winning the league,while a resurgent Tassie team were looking to keep their title dreams alive.I arrived early to find the Lough lads in full swing,in preparation for the game to come.The Premier league was on,with the Power once again showing why he's still the best in the business.The Tassie lads arrived at 9.45,and they too had a full strength squad.Mick Kane and Ken Kane were called to the oche at 10 and away we went-
    Mick Kane 1 v Ken Kane 2.
    Mick hits a max with his first 3 arrows and wins the leg with a double 10 kill in 18 darts.Ken survives 6 match darts from Mick to take us to a decider on the top lipstick.It looks as though it's going Mick's way when he begins 120-140,but incredibly he leaves at least 12 on the wire of various doubles,allowing a grateful Ken to take the game on tops once again.
    Lar Bryan 2 v Ste Andrews 0.
    Lar takes the opener in comfortable fashion in 22 darts on double 10.Ste hits a brace of tons in the 2nd leg,but is trumped by a pair of 140s from Lar.The Lough man seals the win eventually on double 4 in 21 darts.
    Mark Ennis 2 v Bill Bailey 0.
    A brilliant 132 sets up a double 16 finish in the opener for Mark.Then a 140-135 blitz leaves Bill trailing in Mark's wake,before the Lough man takes out tops in a stylish 16 darts.
    Dave Kellaghan 0 v Ben Prenter 2.
    Ben wins a dodgy opener on double 16 as both lads struggle for form.The Tassie man grows in confidence,nailing a maximum on his way to a deadly 17 darter,leaving us all square at 2 apiece.
    Paddy Byrne 0 v Andy Lacey 2.
    Andy takes the opener on tops in 22 darts,with the help of a pair of 125s,after Paddy missed a single pop at 18s.Andy nails a ton and 140 on his way to a 20 dart finish on double 9,thus giving the visitors a 3-2 advantage.
    Billy Matthews 0 v Mick Cummins 2.
    A 140 and a 125 gives Mick the edge in the opener,before he seals it on double 10.The Tassie arrowsmith continues to apply the heat in the 2nd leg,and has a shot at 18s for an 18 darter.He misses the opportunity,allowing Billy 3 at tops,which he in turn misses.Mick doesn't turn down his 2nd opportunity and keeps the ball rolling for the Tassie with a pressure double 8 kill.
    JR Crangle 0 v Gary Gregory 2.
    2 tons and a 96 outshot gives Gary the opener in 21 darts.JR digs deep,hitting a 95 and 97,while Gary replies with a 140.JR then has a shot at 12s,but cant hit it,allowing Gary in to seal a famous win on double 8.
    Kevin O Callaghan 2 v Andy Poole 0.
    A brilliant display from Kevin,but it's all too late.He takes the opener with a 91 finish in 18 darts,then wraps things up on double 10 in 22.It's small consolation for the Lough though.

180s-Mick Kane,Ben Prenter.
    Man of the match-Andy Lacey/Mick Cummins[Both played solid stuff under intense pressure]
    Foodwatch-Ham and cheese sambo's,Yippee!

What a game that was,and what a cracking atmosphere.The Tassie lads must take tremendous credit for a gutsy,never say die performance.When Mark Ennis fired the Lough into a 2-1 lead I feared the worst for the visitor's.With class players such as Bullet Kellaghan,Paddy Byrne etc still to come,the situation appeared ominous for the Tassie.However,one by one,beginning with Ben Prenter they stood up to be counted,and eventually secured a tremendous victory.This win breathes new life into the conclusion of this year's league,with both the Tassie and the Bray Fishermen,now within a point of the leaders.Of course it's still in the Lough's hands,and they will be crowned champions should they win their remaining games.It wont be easy,that's for certain,but the two chasing teams must also win their remaining games to have any chance of leapfrogging them.It's squeaky bum time for the three contenders,and I can't wait to see which way it goes.Until next week,keep on nailing that lipstick.

Advertisement