Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you fry tinned tuna?

Options
  • 25-10-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

I'd usually fry some fresh fish, put some sauce on it, and eat with pasta. But all I have is tinned tuna chunks in brine. Can I just fry this on the pan and eat it with pasta?

Dont like the idea of eating cold sandwiches.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sidelines

Yes but it will dry out pretty quickly. If you keep frying it and it will get a sort of 'crispy' texture. Somefresh tomatos/herbs and the sauce and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Great thanks, have some tomato pasta sauce and a few small tomatoes. tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

you can make fishcakes

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Heat the sauce, and then add the drained tuna to it. The tuna will heat to the same temp as the sauce, so you get warm fish, but it won't fall apart, like in the pan

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I often fry up tinned tuna with onions, garlic and curry powder to make a nice, spicy meal. But you do have to use the tuna in oil for this. Just drain out most of the oil first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Tinned tuna can go a little weird if you fry it but it makes a really good pasta sauce with a tin of tomatoes and some lemon juice.

Advertisement