Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards face shared on Marketplace in Forza3

• 25-10-2009 7:44pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Decided to give the painting system a shot and I was slightly wrong, there is a new system for creating and sharing decals which is at least something. Buying or downloading decals from the marketplace is a nice touch too, though it will devalue the effort put in by the artists a little I think...

Anyhooo... I decided to try it out and I put up a decal of a Boards face (as per our logo) on the marketplace, its called (uninspiringly enough) "Boards Face" and its shared by me, devoreie. Its free to download and use, dont do anything naughty with it please :)

I was thinking about having a competition of some kind, just for giggles between any painters out there... the availability of high quality decals is a problem but I guess you still have to have a certain eye for design to use them. Anyone interested?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Any way of posting it up here so we can have a look?
    For inspiration loike?:)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Er... I dunno... I'll have a look, its not very impressive now it has to be said :)
    Took all of 5 minutes, but I'll see if I can snap a photo of it and upload.

DeV.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm not sure about Forza 3 but in 2 I remember it lets you upload photos you take to the forza motorsport website.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Seems like 3 manages all of that in game.

I've uploaded a pic of a rather unspectacular car taking the Laguna Seca corkscrew in a somewhat more spectacular manner. :)

btw, theres about 40G on offer for playing with the paint and photo systems and uploading bits and pieces... not too shabby for the G-hunters out there...

I guess the best way to find pic and decal is to search for Boards in the storefront or look at my storefront specifically... I will go see if the pic is uploaded online somewhere...

DeV.

aha! found it on http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/profile/default.htm?gamertag=devoreie

You can search for your own gamer tag there.

The image is attached to this post in all its mediocre glory. :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I've actually created a bunch of sponsor decals for FM2 when I made a replica of the McLaren MP4-23 so I had to replicate all the sponsors. If I had XBLIVE, I'd post up the car but I don't unfortunately :(

Would anyone know if that F50 GT with the F2007 livery that was in FM2 has been made for FM3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

DeVore wrote: »
    aha! found it on http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/profile/default.htm?gamertag=devoreie

You can search for your own gamer tag there.

The image is attached to this post in all its mediocre glory. :)

DeV.

Did you deliberately use a pic of you ploughing the car into the barrier for this ? :p

Yup! :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

nice one, bought the game earlier on, may slap this onto me car when i get a chance(or figure out how to :o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Boards.ie car from Forza 2. Would be great if you could use your old designs in this game.

• Advertisement

yeah I have a few old designs I would love to import too!
    I like my old Watchmen car: image1 and image2.

That Boards car looks well cool... I'm gonna try my hand at one I think.

DeV.

someone else has stuck up a boards logo dev :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

no :pac:?

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I like my old Watchmen car: image1

That's class man! i want one. :)

I intend to recreate it (and hopefully better) when I get a chance... have to win/buy the Zonda first :)

DeV.

made a little somthing based on another boardsies renault 5.

sig.jpg

my version(because im too cheap to buy an r5 ingame.

golf.jpg?t=1256698725

thats it for me first paint job :P wassnt sure if i shouldve let the orange come upto where i did or stop it off before the bottom of the door

Thats a nice paint job... I'm gonna have a crack at some over the weekend I think.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Heres my first attempt at a Boards car.

boardscar.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I call for a boards.ie sponsered racecar comp!! That'd be quite fun actually... Winner gets internet fame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

zero19 wrote: »
    I call for a boards.ie sponsered racecar comp!! That'd be quite fun actually... Winner gets internet fame

agreed

• Advertisement

Agreed but we need a decent amount of tiem because with the SSF and some Sooper Secret Projects I'm on at the moment... I get **** all time to paint. :(

Also, I'm sure Darragh can come up with something from his list of contacts who are always trying to get us to give stuff away, for a prize :)
    I'll ask him.

But yeah... Boards Forza Paint Comp is definitely a winner idea.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Also, I'm sure Darragh can come up with something from his list of contacts who are always trying to get us to give stuff away, for a prize :)
    I'll ask him.

Leave that one to Dav and me and we'll see what we can do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Meanwhile, I want to further my own Forza 3 exploits first :p

We might be able to wangle some manner of competition prize alright, leave it with me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Sweet, this will be awesome! :) I'm gonna start work this weekend so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Forza3.jpg

This was something I had perfected in F2, it's still in progress at the moment, but anyone who wants a free download can look on storefront - my username is "Captain SIow"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm using DeV's boards logo atm:

civic.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thats excellent! Did they take long to make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

weeder wrote: »
    made a little somthing based on another boardsies renault 5.

sig.jpg

my version(because im too cheap to buy an r5 ingame.

golf.jpg?t=1256698725

thats it for me first paint job :P wassnt sure if i shouldve let the orange come upto where i did or stop it off before the bottom of the door

:D Just seen this

Forza7.jpg

• Advertisement

Forza8.jpg

Advertisement