Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the L.C.?

Options
  • 25-10-2009 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Heres my story...I got 275 in my leaving last year and got my first choice course.I dont like it and am thinking about leaving.I would like to repeat and get enough points to go to a university and maybe do arts.Im 19 and that would make me 2 weeks off my 20th birthday when I do the leaving next year.I would then be going to college with 16,17 yr olds!What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    Heres my story...I got 275 in my leaving last year and got my first choice course.I dont like it and am thinking about leaving.I would like to repeat and get enough points to go to a university and maybe do arts.Im 19 and that would make me 2 weeks off my 20th birthday when I do the leaving next year.I would then be going to college with 16,17 yr olds!What should I do?

Dont worry about it!

I didnt repeat but am just older than everyone anyway!

I'm 19, I'll be 20 before I get into 2nd year of college, an awful lot of my year are 17 or just 18, and there's some people who are older than my dad in my course, age is just a number!

I was pretty much in the exact same boat as you, only I was about a month off being twenty when I did my repeat LC. It honestly doesn't make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

May I ask if you repeated twice which is what ill be doing as I repeated 5th year and this will be my second time repeating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

I was pretty much in the exact same boat as you, only I was about a month off being twenty when I did my repeat LC. It honestly doesn't make a difference.
    Did you get your course after? What ya studying? If ya dont mind me being nosey :D
    mufc4lfe wrote: »

Theyd be 18. Repeating now would be better than spending 2/3 boring years finishing your course and not being happy with it in the end! Itd also beat repeating when youre in your mid twenties regretting that you didnt spend ~7months doing the LC.
    Im repeating FYI :(

Advertisement