Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats need help

Options
  • 25-10-2009 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Hey I just wanted to know does anyone know of any recues in meath that take stray cats. There are two ginger and white kittens outside my OH house, the OH parents were feeding them but have now gotten two dogs. Is there anywhere I can bring them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Can't think of any offhand, I'm sure someones mentioned somewhere near there before but have a look here http://www.ispca.ie/spca-near-you.aspx and see if there are any close to you? there doesn't appear to be any IN Meath, one in Westmeath, one in Louth..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Thanks. Do you think a vet would take them in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

It's doubtful but you could ask anyway.
    Vets don't really take in strays as they wouldn't have the room/resources, but I guess no harm checking if you can't find anywhere close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

i did find a dog roaming into the traffic in Cork and took him into the Vets as it was at the top of the road, and they took him in no problem - also try here http://www.irishanimals.ie

there seems to be details there for Meath CONTACT:Last Hope Animal Charity (085 7172024)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Alfasud

what county are you in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭cosnochta

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Thanks. Do you think a vet would take them in?

Do try ringing around, you may find a vet that will take them in. Our kitten that we rehomed a few weeks ago was a stray that was brought into my vets. It's worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Last Hope rescue is in Navan, Co. Meath. They take cats (with "kitten cottage") and dogs. Check out their site ---> www.lasthope.ie

You could always ring local vets to see if they know of anywhere that would take them. Most vets won't take animals that are strays unless they have somewhere for them to go (usually a rescue).

EDIT: just noticed someone posted up my idea already, there is the ISPCA too - they could tell you somewhere that could take them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Thanks All. Ill try the place in Navan.

Advertisement