Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do certain type of people, drive certain type of car?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

goldenlass wrote: »
    5 series are hard.. right you might be the car behind me on the motorway up my arse when I just cant get a space to go into slow lane!!!!! :D:D:D:D or you might be an auld lad who has retired and wants to spend his money on a nice big car....
    i personally love 5series- but couldnt see myself in one for a while yet... i gave up on the one i was going to get!!!!

Well that's why Im saying the next one that's out in 2011. I just don't like the current one!! :p

And I'm not quite ready to retire yet (besides, that's when it's time to buy a Merc I thought) and if ya can't drive at 120 then ya shouldn't be in the overtaking lane anyway!! :p

To be honest I dunno why VAG drivers are getting such a hard time in this thread as (unless you count the boy/girl racers in Golfs) most seem fairly well behaved in my experience :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 goldenlass

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

and if ya can't drive at 120 then ya shouldn't be in the overtaking lane anyway!! :p
    are you saying that 120 is the absolute max people do on motorway??!!!!:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Land Rover drivers are usually horsey types. Retired teachers generally drive Ford Focus saloons. People with estates are usually doggy types. Any passat cc on the road is a company car:)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

I'm a 24 year old girl, fully licenced, working in Morketing in Dublin, living in Ranlegh (the real posh part), but from the sticks.....what do I drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

LostGirly wrote: »
    I'm a 24 year old girl, fully licenced, working in Morketing in Dublin, living in Ranlegh (the real posh part), but from the sticks.....what do I drive?

Skyline

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

VXR8

oooh do me!!! im a 25yr old girl, primary school teacher (, from kerry!! bet ye won't guess it:cool::P

oooh do me!!! im a 25yr old girl, primary school teacher (, from kerry!! bet ye won't guess it:cool::P

206?... Toyota Yaris/Corolla? Some sorta hatchback anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

oooh do me!!! im a 25yr old girl

Pics first please

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

A Ford Ka!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

h3000 wrote: »
    Pics first please

ha ye from the both of ye!

hahahah- actually i did have a 206 when i first started driving but yer all wrong!!! no hatchback though the cars ye've said are typical teacher!! im actually driving a car with no indicators and we think we are the only cars on the road!!!!!! :D:D

losty girl.. i think you have an audi a4????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

hahahah- actually i did have a 206 when i first started driving but yer all wrong!!! no hatchback though the cars ye've said are typical teacher!! im actually driving a car with no indicators and we think we are the only cars on the road!!!!!! :D:D
    318Ci?

losty girl.. i think you have an audi a4????

I actually wouldn't mind! But sadly no, I have a Ford Mondeo!!!!

thats not a stereotype!!

iv a 318i- changing tomorrow for 320i!

That's the reason I asked, because its not a sterotype, you can't define someone by the type of car that they drive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

thread rules for accidently getting asl's :cool:

That's the reason I asked, because its not a sterotype, you can't define someone by the type of car that they drive!!
    not all the time no, thats for definite !!!!

but you have to admit the thread is kinda funny- im still crackn up at the farmer!!

• Advertisement

The car you drive is very common, there are some very specific cars which would require an owner to have specific tastes (which could be linked to their personality)

The car you drive is very common, there are some very specific cars which would require an owner to have specific tastes (which could be linked to their personality)

Oh My God! Did you just call me common ;) :P

Oh My God! Did you just call me common ;) :P

Technically I called the model of car that you drive common... but sure your not posh anyway! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

You can also define them by nation....:D:D:D

Latvians = BMW or Audi with a huge petrol engine on non Irish plates,
    Poles = Anything TDi and over 10 years old with jet black tinted windows,
    Irish = Navy Blue Toyota in almost boggo spec fitted with a drawbar and mudflaps ,
    French = Near enough fuc£ed Citroen Saxo/ Renault Clio in white ( Diesel ) being driven at full tilt by a lovely blonde,
    Nigerians = Honda Honda Honda Honda Honda Honda Honda Honda,
    Well to do Nigerians = Brand new Merc A/B class,
    English On Holidays = 1994 Rover 216 Estate.

To those who are offened by this ( and you're not ment to be , its only a joke ) then good :D:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Latvians = BMW or Audi with a huge petrol engine on non Irish plates,

It has to be E34 or E38. Nothing else. Mostly E34 :)

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Either a Saxo, Colt or Fiesta...with a gaudy full body kit (including skirts), spoiler, air intake panel on the bonnet tinted windows front, sides and back, massive loud exhaust (x 4), bucket seats and racing seat belts and ridiculous lights. You also have an insane stereo system with sub woofer in what used to be the boot. All in all you've spent twice the value of the car on it's looks and won't be able to sell it to anybody with an ounce of sense. :D

/seriously? A 22 year old male from Northside Dublin. I'd say you drive anything you can get insured on...which probably means a 1-1.2L corsa, clio or punto :D

Miles away!!!

• Advertisement

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Miles away!!!

Probably cheating as a Motors regular but don't ya stil have the Carina E VB? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

undertakers drive a hearse usually black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

.....................English On Holidays = 1994 Rover 216 Estate....................

........towing a caravan:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Nigerians = Honda Honda Honda Honda Honda Honda Honda Honda,

no way, Mazda Demio with 9 kids in the back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Skoda Octavia... Passat wannabe because I could not afford one but i convince everyone in the pub it's better even though I know it's far from it.

97 Mitsubishi spacestar...muslim women with face covered up and 2 kids in the back and nearly always ignores the yield right of way sign.

97 Bmw 316 coupe.... ye it's an M3 and I can't stay away from mc donalds
    with my replica M3 rims.

99 1.0 polo with big rims and seat covers.... 18 yr old gimp brain working in tescos and hangs around supermacs all night long trying to score with the birds and failing miserably.

1.4 96 civic with bodykit and rims.....Self explanatory...Say no more...

TRY NOT TO TAKE OFFENSE, its just fun:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

You can also define them by nation....:D:D:D

Latvians = BMW or Audi with a huge petrol engine on non Irish plates
    BMW...probably....but definetely not Audi. You must be mistaken Latvians with Lithuanians. They suffer of some kind of strange Audi illness. They might believe in God but trust only Audi.
    BMW with huge petrol engine...well, BMW with engine below is not a BMW and all 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 were specialy manufactured only for Ireland.;)

pcardin wrote: »
    well, BMW with engine below is not a BMW and all 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 were specialy manufactured only for Ireland.;)

I wouldn't put it that way. More the way, that a BMW has to have at least 6 cylindres to be a real BMW :)

And no, there are other countries, that go for small-engined cars, too.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    It has to be E34 or E38. Nothing else. Mostly E34 :)

/M
    well...what else they should drive? Micra, like you do? :D

well...what else they should drive? Micra, like you do? :D

How did you come about, that i'd drive a can of sardine's ? .. No, scroll a few posts back and you know what I drive.

/M

mondeo wrote: »
    Skoda Octavia... Passat wannabe because I could not afford one but i convince everyone in the pub it's better even though I know it's far from it.
    I don't drive skoda or vw, in fact, I hate everything what's made by VAG but even I know that difference between them is very little. Like a coke - regular, zero, light or made by Spar shop - still the same coke.

I drive a VW van/minibus as daily driver and a BMW E39 as my weekend car, so what category do you stick me in ?

/M

Latvians....as per SaabEd classification. :D

Larvians....as per SaabEd classification. :D

Well. The Baltic would be spot on, but Latvia is way off. Also, it would require, that they are on non-irish reg. So ... doesn't fit the profile. The bus has left-hand drive though :)

/M

Well. The Baltic would be spot on, but Latvia is way off. Also, it would require, that they are on non-irish reg. So ... doesn't fit the profile. The bus has left-hand drive though :)

/M

I don't know dude...I'm in Ireland long time already but so far spoted Latvian reg only twice. If there are so many Latvian reg cars around as someone has said where do they hide then?

I don't know dude...I'm in Ireland long time already but so far spoted Latvian reg only twice. If there are so many Latvian reg cars around as someone has said where do they hide then?

Galway for example. One E38 with tinted windows going around, I've seen at least 4 different E34's. Plenty of other Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, a few german and even a Slovak here and there going around.

Slovak keep to Skoda though.

/M

tossy wrote: »
    Ex formula one drivers tend to drive T (red) DI passats,its the only road car that comes close to filling that void.
    :D
    that's so true. :D

• Advertisement

There's 2 or 3 parked next door at any given time. They're there over 18 months too and have a habit of parking them across my driveway/in the middle of the road etc.

Call to Revenue/Customs is tempting sometimes.. I mean, if I get screwed for VRT why shouldn't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Call to Revenue/Customs is tempting sometimes.. I mean, if I get screwed for VRT why shouldn't they?

Because they won't get screwed for VRT, they'll just pay a small administration fee because they've owned the car in another country and lived/worked there before bringing it here.

Also, what they drive most likely isn't precisely a new car.

The VRT on those cars would be minimal if they had to pay it.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

^ At least once they are registered in this state, they have to adhere to the same rules of the road as us though... but I digress.

3 door VW Golf drivers, middle class version of the Glanza driver, think they are behind the heel of the best looking fastest car on the road, they are all aspiring to a Scirocco, and someday an A4, once a VAGman always a VAGman (or so it would seem in Ireland)

Victor_M wrote: »
    ^ At least once they are registered in this state, they have to adhere to the same rules of the road as us though... but I digress.

Eh ? Everybody, no matter what the reg is, has to adhere to the same rules of the road !!!

If they don't the Garda can do something about it.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Eh ? Everybody, no matter what the reg is, has to adhere to the same rules of the road !!!

If they don't the Garda can do something about it.

/M

So they speed past a fixed camera/gatso van, they have a photo of their reg taken and it gets sent where exactly.
    M50 toll, hit and runs etc., if they are not registered they are not traceable unless caught red handed, even then , if they are, and this has happened many times, they are in rented accommodation, they just move to a new house.
    Anyhoo, lets not derail this thread any further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Thats very true about once bein a "Vagowner". Neighbours near me
    all owned VW passats, Bora and Audi's so did any of their friends.
    Any sunny saturday and they'd be out in the combat trousers and match camourflague caps fidlin/fixing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Muckie wrote: »
    Thats very true about once bein a "Vagowner". Neighbours near me
    all owned VW passats, Bora and Audi's so did any of their friends.
    Any sunny saturday and they'd be out in the combat trousers and match camourflague caps fidlin/fixing them.
    Sorry, not me.....
    I am going back to Peugeot when my passat dies, or if i don't kill it first, or if it doenst fall apart on the road first, or if the garbox doesn't fall out, or if the cv joints don't fail, or if the suspension doesn't collapse, or if the brake servo doesn't fail,or if the window regulator ...................

Victor_M wrote: »

And pay road tax, anyone working here full time should have their car on Irish plates and be paying road tax.

• Advertisement

I don't drive skoda or vw, in fact, I hate everything what's made by VAG but even I know that difference between them is minor. Like a coke - regular, zero, light or made by Spar shop - still the same coke.

I had an A3 off HErtz for the weekend, on way back there was some Seat estate thing on show in Manchester Airport, all switchgear etc was identical to the A3. Also same 2.0tdi engine and 6 speed box. Why folks pay the premium for Audi and VW over Seat and Skoda is beyond me. The A3 was fine but not very good in any way.

Advertisement