Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do certain type of people, drive certain type of car?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

People who drive new plate cars, that have the name of the car ,ie VW displayed on the back of the car (always on tinted glass) in foot high letters. I have seen one recently that said " Sporty Golf " on a 1.4 boggo standard golf, this car even had cheap trims rather than alloys, please!!!!! = Travellers
    Also any Segment B car that is saloon form (Focus,Astra,Megane...etc ) these are all hideous, generally driven by clueless boggers.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Squidgie wrote: »
    someone with too much time on their hands

Ha ha but wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭high horse

Passat drivers - courteous, responsible, friendly and safe.

I get a sneaky feeling a Passat driver has found the motors forum :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

**** drive jeeps without tow-bars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

TJJP wrote: »
    Muckie wrote:
    Sporty Mini
    Sir, you're mistaken surely?

Ain't seen my MINI then, have you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

People who drive new plate cars, that have the name of the car ,ie VW displayed on the back of the car (always on tinted glass) in foot high letters

Reminds me of the NO POWER WITHOUT SMOKE banner I saw once, on a tee-diddily-eye something or other sh1tbox, with 20" inch wheels rubbing in the arches as it crept by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ...stephen...

samsemtex wrote: »
    :confused:

If you are trying to say a RR makes a better van than a transit then you are an idiot. They would not have a fraction of the load space or versatility of a transit. I doubt you'd fit any pallets in a Range Rover commercial and even if you do i wouldnt like to be trying to get them out again without damaging the tailgate. Jeeps make useless vans.

Look im not saying vans are bad! i know transporters good van comfortable etc... But really if you have made money whats the point in buying a van when you can just get a jeep....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Look im not saying vans are bad! i know transporters good van comfortable etc... But really if you have made money whats the point in buying a van when you can just get a jeep....

Don't you get it?
    Jeeps cannot do the same job that vans can.
    It's nothing to do with being able to afford one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Damien360

SV wrote: »
    Don't you get it?
    It's nothing to do with being able to afford one.

SV, don't be getting upset. The attitide stephen is showing is exactly the kind of thing that got everyone in debt up to thier ears. You are being drawn in to an endless argument.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

pcardin wrote: »
    What kind of people are driving those freakin' expensive Q7, Cayenne, ML, Range Rover Sport etc off-roaders with no back windows and usually in black colour?!

Well the cheap road tax, no VRT and being able to park in loading bays does it for me and the fact that most people think it's worth twice what it is, lovely to drive and.......... I could go on and on, it's just great really.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

junkyard wrote: »
    Well the cheap road tax, no VRT and being able to park in loading bays does it for me and the fact that most people think it's worth twice what it is, lovely to drive and.......... I could go on and on, it's just great really.:)

Junky bitch! :D;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭CaraFawn

I drive a BMW M3, but that's only to compensate for my small p3n!s ;)

SV wrote: »

Also vans cannot do the same job that jeeps can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

RoverJames wrote: »
    Also vans cannot do the same job that jeeps can.

By gob there's an idea: jeepvan/vanjeep! Fat/large wheels, 4wd, increased ride high, towbar, aggressive looks, enough space to carry a sh1tload of 8x4 plasterboard.. What else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Shires wrote: »
    By gob there's an idea: jeepvan/vanjeep! Fat/large wheels, 4wd, increased ride high, towbar, aggressive looks, enough space to carry a sh1tload of 8x4 plasterboard.. What else?

unimog.jpg

Problem is, they start from about €100,000 + VAT :mad:

• Advertisement

Mmmmm. Unimog. I had the Minibus variety of this take me Mt Etna, there is nothing that vehicle can't do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Was asked to quote on a Unimog as it's the only vehicle that's really suitable for one of my customers.

Still works out cheaper to spend €3,000 on new suspension for a Sprinter every 6 months.

If you get the contract, I want a spin before he gets it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Mmmmm. Unimog. I had the Minibus variety of this take me Mt Etna, there is nothing that vehicle can't do.

Me too, I am sure I had a better pic of them but just can't find it.

DSCN0980.jpg
    DSCN0960.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

You can just about see the unimogs here :

19.JPG

• Advertisement
Advertisement