Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Slice

Options
  • 25-10-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a decent coffee slice in Dundalk/surrounding? I have been round the usual suspects, supermarkets and Home Bakery in Dundalk and there are plenty of pink slices and the vanilla one but no sign of the coffee anywhere. Ideas anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Are you talking about a version of the pink slice except with coffee icing and just cream and no jam? Think I had one before or maybe it was in my dreams...It sounds lovely. A lot of people don't like coffee flavoured stuff so maybe there isn't a demand for them:(. I assume you tried the new home bakery in Church street (think there's also one in Blackrock) too. We had a Home Bakery fresh cream sponge with coffee icing in work last week so they do have coffee icing, I'd say if you ordered a few they'd make them up for you, you could freeze them.
    It might be worth checking the Sunray beside Oscars too though they don't have as good a selection.
    You could sit down with the Yellow Pages and check out all the bakeries around the Dundalk area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Blair Waldorf

hi, i know the slice your on about you used to able to get it in superquinn i havent seen them anywhere else though as ann said maybe try the home bakery!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Thanks for the suggestions, Home Bakery doesn't have and it was even a bit hit and miss back in Superquinn days. Probably better off without but soooooo tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

If you are ever in Drogheda, McCluskeys on West street sells the nicest coffee slices ever!

€1.40 for pure heaven :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Super! Its a wee trip to South Louth for me tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

35notout wrote: »
    If you are ever in Drogheda, McCluskeys on West street sells the nicest coffee slices ever!

€1.40 for pure heaven :D

Do you mean McCluskeys on Trinity St? Or the Moorland cafe near St Peter's church on West St?

Advertisement