Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MH406 Law and Business

• 25-10-2009 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Anyone studying it here?
    Whats it like?
    Is it "hard"? Require alot of work?
    Are the lecturers good?
    How many hours lectures do you have?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Bump?
    Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

Swizz wrote: »
    Anyone studying it here?
    Whats it like?
    Is it "hard"? Require alot of work?
    Are the lecturers good?
    How many hours lectures do you have?

Hey I study Business & Management. So I have over 2/3 of my lectures with the Business and Law guys. The business lectures are fantastic. The lecturer who gives them (in first yr anyway) is very very engaging and funny but we also learn a lot.

We also study Micro and Macro Economics in the first term and they are interesting also. Check out the timetable section of NUIM to see how many hours a week you would have in 1st year. I have about 13 hrs a week and I think business and law may only have 14 hrs cos they have one more tutorial than me.

There are open days at the end of November & I would suggest that yo come to these as they give you a real feel of the college.

I'm in 1st yr and i'm loving it.

Hope this helps!!

Hey I study Business & Management. So I have over 2/3 of my lectures with the Business and Law guys. The business lectures are fantastic. The lecturer who gives them (in first yr anyway) is very very engaging and funny but we also learn a lot.

We also study Micro and Macro Economics in the first term and they are interesting also. Check out the timetable section of NUIM to see how many hours a week you would have in 1st year. I have about 13 hrs a week and I think business and law may only have 14 hrs cos they have one more tutorial than me.

There are open days at the end of November & I would suggest that yo come to these as they give you a real feel of the college.

I'm in 1st yr and i'm loving it.

Hope this helps!!

Awesome thanks! Do you stay on campus? A mate of mine stays there and says its a kip. Has rats running round etc...?

Swizz wrote: »
    Awesome thanks! Do you stay on campus? A mate of mine stays there and says its a kip. Has rats running round etc...?
    No, I live abou 20 mins away still with my parents. I have heard that some of the apartments on campus aren't that great but I can't comment as I've never been there.

Subject First Year Second Year Third Year (60 Credits) (60 Credits) (60 Credits) Law and Business LW100B
    SEMESTER 1
    Compulsory Modules
    MN101, MN102, EC101a,
    EC102, LW101a, LW102a
    (5 credits each)
    SEMESTER 2
    Compulsory Modules
    MN103, MN172, EC110,
    EC105a, LW101b,
    (5 credits each)

LW150, LW151
    (2.5 credits each)
    SEMESTER 1 & 2
    EC107* (0 credits)
    LW200B
    SEMESTER 1
    Compulsory Modules

MN203, MN210, AC210, LW204A, LW205A
    (5 credits each)

LW250A, LW251A
    (2.5 credits each)
    SEMESTER 2
    Compulsory Modules

MN202, MN204, MN220, LW204B, LW205B
    (5 credits each)
    LW250B, LW251B
    (2.5 credits each)
    SEMESTER 1
    Compulsory Modules

MN340, MN341, MN330, LW307A, LW308A, LW309
    (5 credits each)
    SEMESTER 2
    Compulsory Modules

MN310, MN305, MN320, LW307B, LW308B, LW310
    (5 credits each)

I looked up the time table but it said choose course and it was 1st arts (http://www.nuim.ie/timetable//) etc, I clicked 1st Business (whatever that means?) and went into Business and Law and this is what came up. How the hell do you use that awful yoke!

• Advertisement

Yep you click on 1st Business (Business Dept 1st Yr) then to Business & Law. You'll see the timetable as you have posted above. Click on each individual module code to see a detailed description of each module. Its easy!

Advertisement