Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three-What is the best opion for skype?

• 25-10-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi. Now Im thinking to get a new phone from 3 which it allows you to use skype. I got a Nokia 6700 only a couple of days ago but there are so many problems. Ive already gone through their website and a brocher but it is hard to decide.

I want to get another model which alllows me to stay logged into Skype all the time. My current handset (Nokia 6700) doesn't not allow this; it keeps logging me out of skype.

My budget is up around 250e so wouldnt be able to get N97 or something like that. Im interested in Nokia E63, E71, Samsng S5600, S8000. I will take it into account if theres another reccomendation.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

Hi, I have the E63 on 3 and I sometimes use Skype on it - I have to say it works very well. I have even used it while driving (handsfree) and it never dropped off which surprised me.

I have another phone a N95 which is not a 3 phone and have installed Fring on it, this allows you to use Skype, but you will need a data add-on to use it. 3 phones that have Skype pre programmed allow you to use Skype for free if your on Bill Pay or using 3Pay with at least €10 top up every 30 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

I have a samsung cara, skype easy to use on it via its widget, logged on 95% of time, I think the connection to Skype may drop (which is rare) in a poor network area

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

I have a nokia e71 on three and it works superbly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

skype goes over normal voice channel on three, so that is why it will most likely not cut off while driving. It does not use data for the voice chats, unlike sip/voip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 melchan

Hi again!! Thank you very much for replies.
    Since I started this thread last night I have been reading a loads of reviews and comments about handsets which I mentioned above.

Now Im just wondering, is it possible to download skype to SIM free handset and use it as same as official 3 phone(for free)? and how about another features which are provided by them?

Id really like to have Nokia 5800 but it is not available in 3...

• Advertisement
Advertisement