Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone repair taking 2 months?

Options
  • 25-10-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

I left my daughter's mobile in for repair in the Carphone Warehouse just over two months ago.

We had bought the phone in July and were told that it was over 1 month since purchase and so they offered to repair the phone, touchscreen malfunction. Fair enough...

However after repeatedly calling in to the shop to chase up the phone, we are still waiting. Reason given for the delay is that they are waiting on a phone panel from Samsung.

I want to go in this week and complain to the manager, what can I request now due to the time delay in repairing the phone. Can we get a refund, exchange or can they make us wait indefinitely for the phone to be repaired?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

did they give you a time-frame for the repair? did you sign anything for the repair?

2 months is quite long, but i cant imagine the shop could do much until the phone is back e.g give you something as a apology e.g phone case etc

go in, speak to the manager , explain that 2 months is way too long for a repair and see what he/she can do for you

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

When we went in with the faulty phone, they gave us a receipt. They explained that as the phone was then purchased 2 months earlier it was covered under manufacturers warranty and it would be sent away for repair. We were told that it should take 10 working days...

My daughter went in eight times over the past two months requesting her phone back, she got the same response that they were waiting on a new panel from Samsung.

My daughter went back in to Carphone Warehouse this afternoon, and the guy searched through baskets of phones that were back for repair! He then went onto their computer system and stated that the phone was sent back last Friday and due to bank holiday was not with them at the store yet. She was asked to call in tomorrow.

Jeez they could phone her and save her the hassle of hoofing it in again but thats just me!!

Anyway we shall see. I will update as to outcome or continued saga. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would suggest giving them 5 more working days to effect a satisfactory repair. If it is not done in this time, tell them you will be seeking a replacement or refund as per your consumer rights. If they do not oblige, you will seek recompense via the Small Claims Court.

Put all this in writing and note times etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Antigone05 wrote: »
    did they give you a time-frame for the repair? did you sign anything for the repair?

2 months is quite long, but i cant imagine the shop could do much until the phone is back e.g give you something as a apology e.g phone case etc

go in, speak to the manager , explain that 2 months is way too long for a repair and see what he/she can do for you
    two months is far too long to be left waiting but i also notice the store staff told your daughter they would have it repaired under the manufacturer warranty rather than because they are legally obliged to repair replace or refund! they have probably lost the phone either in their own store or in the repair centre they use. do as dudara says and give them another few days before taking furrther action to get your phone or a full refund!

Yes I do think that the phone might be lost because of the hap hazard way they were rummaging around looking for her phone that was meant to be still being repaired or 'in transit'.

I will indeed wait another 5 or so working days to conclude that the phone is or is not 'in transit'. I will write a letter today on my daughters behalf to have ready and take it from there.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

My daughter went in to the carphone warehouse this morning and finally collected her repaired phone.

Thanks for all your helpful replies.

Advertisement