Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coors Light Peak (C&C)

• 25-10-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Instead of throwing these in the random photo thread I decided to make a seperate thread becuase id like some feedback so do your worst ;)!

I went to the Coors Light gig just for fight like apes and since I wasn't drinking I decided to bring the camera along and try to shoot the gig from sort of a being in the crowd perspective.

I have never shot at a gig before so these aren't your run of the mill gig shots except maybe the last. I like how they turned out though!

In order of my most favourite!

4043815565_dca6978f92.jpg

4044193844_834c1ef5c8.jpg

4043447495_b9be4f9036.jpg

EDIT: adding 2 more photos

4043806905_420065f3f3.jpg

4044552656_3bb19f08da.jpg

EDIT: and another ;)

4044629854_edbc57258e.jpg

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

at least the bass player is finally getting some attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I thought this was some pics of the Beer but anyway....

#1 Doesn't work for me.

#2 My favourite of the set, lovely view and this one does work, I really love the colours/PP on this one too.

#3 Damned bouncers always in the way! This is good and bad, lighting is good and good action but it needs cropping and his face obscured by the mic, so many people do this.

#4 KB player is a bit far away again, had you no zoom with you? Good action shot but you seem to be determined to highlight the lights just as much as the musicians.

#5 Not for me. Angle over used in this set, far away too.

#6 Again great action shot but his face again obscured by mic, could you not go left or right? Again your concentrating on the lights, sure they're nice to have in 1 or 2 of a set but your diminishing the set with over use of them.
    Pic also needs cropping as there are so many distractions.

Pics are all nice and sharp though.

My take on Gig shots are different to 90% of people here and they may well have a different view on the lighting and cropping.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

FX Meister wrote: »
    at least the bass player is finally getting some attention.

haha yeah my exact thoughts uploading these(there's too many of her) I got photos of all of them just I was around the middle a bit to the right in the crowd and pockets was on the far left so he didnt come out as good or dead on like I wanted.
    I thought this was some pics of the Beer but anyway....

#1 Doesn't work for me.

#2 My favourite of the set, lovely view and this one does work, I really love the colours/PP on this one too.

#3 Damned bouncers always in the way! This is good and bad, lighting is good and good action but it needs cropping and his face obscured by the mic, so many people do this.

#4 KB player is a bit far away again, had you no zoom with you? Good action shot but you seem to be determined to highlight the lights just as much as the musicians.

#5 Not for me. Angle over used in this set, far away too.

#6 Again great action shot but his face again obscured by mic, could you not go left or right? Again your concentrating on the lights, sure they're nice to have in 1 or 2 of a set but your diminishing the set with over use of them.
    Pic also needs cropping as there are so many distractions.

Pics are all nice and sharp though.

My take on Gig shots are different to 90% of people here and they may well have a different view on the lighting and cropping.

:)

Thanks for the advice anything I can get is great!! All these were taken with me holding the camera above my head in the crowd and just shooting randomly hoping for something to come out.. Not the right way of doing I know but I was trying to get that "your in the crowd look". I should have really asked the bouncers could I get around the fence to shoot some photos but I didn't :mad:

I had the 50mm on for this the whole time so I reckon thats why there sharp :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

They're pretty decent for way back in the crowd.
    Do you find the keeper rate is lower with a 50mm then a zoom? I do.
    Took me a long time to get used to my 50mm and 85mm primes.
    But when they're got right the photos blow away the zoom ones in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

They're pretty decent for way back in the crowd.
    Do you find the keeper rate is lower with a 50mm then a zoom? I do.
    Took me a long time to get used to my 50mm and 85mm primes.
    But when they're got right the photos blow away the zoom ones in my view.

Yeah I was like 5 rows of people back!

50mm is my favourite lense!! 1.4 all the way!! If I was just getting into photography id probably prefer a zoom but yeah a 50 will blow you away sometime the detail is unreal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement