Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

U2UBE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'll be up, but I will not be watching our most embarrassing export at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

No. Actually, I'm gonna go to bed now so I miss it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Shelga wrote: »
    No.
    I'll be up, but I will not be watching our most embarrassing export at all.

Seriously I really do not get the anti U2 thing Irish people think it's cool to be anti U2 - I really don't understand it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

yea i think its pretty cool,its on in 4 hours if thats correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

yea i think its pretty cool,its on in 4 hours if thats correct?

3.30am Irish time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

going to try and get some kip soon but the alarm is set for 3:25 the OH thinks I am mental but I cant wait for it.

Our most embarassing export, come on are you for real!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

can't wait for it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

PFL wrote: »
    Seriously I really do not get the anti U2 thing Irish people think it's cool to be anti U2 - I really don't understand it.
    It's begrudgery.

Stems from when the country was under occupation.
    Anyone doing well for themselves was only able to by colluding with the enemy.
    Natually enough these people were disliked by their neighbours and this dislike of successful people has been passed down through the generations.

I'm sure you all have a neighbour with a few new cars every year and another one who hates the first one and always gives out about them.

Put that on a country-wide scale and you have an immense hatred for U2.

Sad really.
    If people thought for themselves and not listen to the second neighbour, then we'd all probably get along a bit better.

But to answer the OP's question; no I won't be staying up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Terry wrote: »
    It's begrudgery.

Not for me. The earlier stuff was good but then it all went downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭why so serious?

I wouldn't be anti U2, I just don't like there music, I like them as people but just not the biggest fan of there music but in saying that I think it's pretty class that one of the biggest and most influential bands in the wolrd are Irish!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

the 80s stuff, joshua tree-era and the like can be great.
    i think its the fact that bono has a presence outside of music, and is generally up himself that has people against u2. plus, some of their live performances can be hit or miss. bonos ego and presence can be generally irritating. he does silly things like pluck a girl out of the crowd and lie down on stage with her and serronade her, ignoring the rest of the crowd. some might call that charisma or presence, i think its just silly.

how was the gig? any1 stay up to watch it? i'd be curious to see if the aul youtube live feed went without any hiccups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What's with people saying Bono is up himself?

Bets are on that, said people, have never met him.
    I myself, have never had the pleasure but I do know quite a few people that have. All of them have said he's a really nice, down to earth guy.

Another band wagon thing, I guess.

Really, really sad.
    Get over it, lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Not for me. The earlier stuff was good but then it all went downhill.
    What do you mean when you refer to "earlier stuff"?

I've been a U2 fan since I was a child in the 80's (about '83. I believe it was the Summer of that year I first started listening to them. Down by the **** plant with my cousin, her friend and an 80's size walkman), and people have been saying to me that they don't like the new stuff since about 1987.

The same people then go to their gigs and still tell me they don't like the new stuff.
    I'm just a bit baffled by those people.

I'm not suggesting you are one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

watching it now on youtube, haven't brought the latest album so a few songs i dont know, looks alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Terry wrote: »
    What do you mean when you refer to "earlier stuff"?

I liked them up until the Zooropa stuff. I have never attended a concert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

arrgghh, youtube stopped loading 1hr50mins into it, tried refreshing, nothing.

:(

Advertisement