Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my C drive is completely full

Options
  • 25-10-2009 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi
    can anyone help me

my computer in partitioned off my C drive had only 10g and my D drive had 160
    how can i extend my memory on the C drive?

computer is running very slow now and messages keeps popping up to say lack of memory

is there a step by step i could follow?
    can i move lots of files and programs to my D drive without causing my computer to crash or worst not work?

thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

cossmick wrote: »
    hi
    can anyone help me

my computer in partitioned off my C drive had only 10g and my D drive had 160
    how can i extend my memory on the C drive?

computer is running very slow now and messages keeps popping up to say lack of memory

is there a step by step i could follow?
    can i move lots of files and programs to my D drive without causing my computer to crash or worst not work?

thank you
    Glad to help, but first we need a bit more information:

Is it one Disk that's been partitioned or 2 physical Hard Drives?
    What Operating System?
    Are you using the C: For the OS and D: to install your programs or are you using D: as a Backup drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cossmick

[QUOTE=

Is it one Disk that's been partitioned or 2 physical Hard Drives?
    What Operating System?
    Are you using the C: For the OS and D: to install your programs or are you using D: as a Backup drive?[/QUOTE]

thank you
    i feel like a thick plank on this stuff

as far as i know its partitioned off one disk.

Op is Window XP.

and yes my C : is for OS and programs

D is where i store films,music, pictures etc...

i have plenty of room in the D:

am not so good at computer stuff,
    I got a friend to build it, i was build for gaming 7 years ago maybe its to old?

thanks for you time on this,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

You're okay, its not too complex..

Your C drive is now nearly totally full. The problem with this is that the PC always needs a bit of space free on C drive to work properly.

So, if you can, delete or move some files over to your D drive

You'll also find that a lot of junk can accumulate on your C drive, like temporary internet files etc, there are lots of free programs that can find these and delete them for you.

Go to www.download.com and search for 'windows care', get the latest version and you can get rid of junk files and generally clean up your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

There's another program I find good for clearing files - Glary tools. It's freeware, and should help you clean up the pc a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

I really like using Treesize Free to find all the files in my pc and help clear up the clutter..its fast and easy too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Download and Run www.ccleaner.com it will clean out the crud built up over 7 years... Feck it.. 7 years and never reinstalled XP? You must be a martyr, it must be like molasses by now.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Download and Run www.ccleaner.com it will clean out the crud built up over 7 years... Feck it.. 7 years and never reinstalled XP? You must be a martyr, it must be like molasses by now.

MC

I never made it past 7 weeks without a fresh install :eek:
    I was a bit obsessive and experimental tho :P

Advertisement