Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloudy tap water in Swords

Options
  • 26-10-2009 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else getting white cloudy water from their taps in Swords? I get a cloudy mixture that dissipates after a few seconds, and the taste is different. We're not using the water unless it's boiled.

Anyone else getting it? What is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pollythene Pam

Elessar wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting white cloudy water from their taps in Swords? I get a cloudy mixture that dissipates after a few seconds, and the taste is different. We're not using the water unless it's boiled.

Anyone else getting it? What is it?

Its just the chlorine that add in. The water's fine. There's a water treatment plant in Balhery, so you're water's coming straight from there. Its tends to be worse around this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

No it's cos a pipe burst on the Forest Road. Road from river valley to swords to closed off. Somehow my parents knew it was going to happen and put all the water in pots before it went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I know the pipe burst but it has never affected the water before. I've lived here the last 12 years and have never seen the water like this.

Thankfully it's back to normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

It's dissolved air - a consequence of the turbulent filling of the mains after the repair work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

No it's cos a pipe burst on the Forest Road. Road from river valley to swords to closed off. Somehow my parents knew it was going to happen and put all the water in pots before it went off.

Spotted that whilst driving home the other day, was astonished to see really dumb people just ignoring the signs and driving around them, either the problem was fixed by then but nobody had bothered removing the signs or else some people were just incredulously stupid and ignored them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement