Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels.com

Options
  • 26-10-2009 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Attempted to book a hotel on hotels.com. Site crashed mid-payment. Checked my credit card, no charge. So i booked another hotel on another site. Came back from holiday and was charged for the hotel stay. I had no confirmation as the site crashed! Where do i stand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

Ang1e wrote: »
    Attempted to book a hotel on hotels.com. Site crashed mid-payment. Checked my credit card, no charge. So i booked another hotel on another site. Came back from holiday and was charged for the hotel stay. I had no confirmation as the site crashed! Where do i stand?

In the first instance you should contact hotels.com and see if you can resolve the problem with them directly.

1 800 55 33 38

I assume hotels.com appeared on your credit card statement?

If you can get no joy with them directly then contact

1. National Consumer agency 1890 432 432

or

2. European Consumer Agency (Irish Branch) 01 8090600

to be honest I would be shocked if it was a scam. I would imagine it was a genuine system error due to the site crash.

It has happened to me before with an online Irish store and the matter was resolved no problem.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's not a scam, but you should have contacted them if you had pressed the proceed button, before the site crashed.

Did the site crash (how does that even happen, non responsive?) or did your browser crash?

In any event, you need to ask them how you were charged when they issued no confirmation of the booking.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

First off this is not a scam as a scam would suggest they planned it, they clearly did not.

Second off, you say the Site crashed....for some reason I very much doubt hotel.com completely dropped off the internet, most likely it was your PC or your internet connection...none of which are hotel.com's fault :)

You should telephone them to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

How is your experience a scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

This isn't a scam, its a misclick. Hotels.com are a very reputable company. Give them a ring or email and they will sort it out immediately.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement