Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to get a refund on a RTW ticket?

Options
  • 26-10-2009 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you can get any refund on a RTW ticket if you decide you don't want some of the later flights?
    Or alternatively, is there any way to push the last couple of flights out beyond the 12 month limit?
    Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

solas geal wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if you can get any refund on a RTW ticket if you decide you don't want some of the later flights?
    Or alternatively, is there any way to push the last couple of flights out beyond the 12 month limit?
    Thanks for your help!

Refund - no, change flights - yes, nearly all RTW trips are flexible, as you can only book flights up to a year in advance, so companies allow you to change (so to allow a trip of longer than a year), if you change in advance then no fee, but nearer the time sometimes there is a fee. The only thing you cannot change is the starting date (I think). There is usually a time limit though on flights (a year after the booked date I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 solas geal

hussey wrote: »
    Refund - no, change flights - yes, nearly all RTW trips are flexible, as you can only book flights up to a year in advance, so companies allow you to change (so to allow a trip of longer than a year), if you change in advance then no fee, but nearer the time sometimes there is a fee. The only thing you cannot change is the starting date (I think). There is usually a time limit though on flights (a year after the booked date I think)

Hi Hussey,

So you think I would be able to push flights out beyond 12 months from the date of the first flight?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

yes, but usually not beyond the date of the booked flight (or some rules like this)

for example I booked mine
    originally leave Ireland 31st August, ... inbetween flights .... fly out of sydney to singapore 1st feb, fly from Bangkok to Ireland 1st April

Since I stayed in Sydney longer than 1st feb I could change the other flights any date up until 30th August

The rules might have changed since then, but mine was a one world ticket with trail-finders.

Best to ring the airline directly, but they are usually fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 solas geal

Thanks for reply again,

Yeh that's what I meant - I can't go beyond a year (in your case beyond 30th august). Might give them a ring anyway and see what they say as I'd like to stay in Sydney longer!

Hi Solas,
    Sadly its a 12 month limit on your tickets. You might be able to claim back some money though from the airport taxes that you wont be using. I'm with the UK version of flight centre and they dont allow this but maybe you could pay a fee for a name change and sell your ticket as a one-way to Uk one.

Good luck and let me know how you get on

• Advertisement
Advertisement