Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find reviews of anime?

Options
  • 26-10-2009 5:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can someone please direct me to a website or magazine where i can find decent reviews of anime? To be honest id rather know in advance whether something is bad or good, so to save me the time from watching something utterly ****e :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Myanimelist.net is usually spot on with ratings and recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Anime News Network.

Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

ANN and anidb are the best.

AniDB is good for discussion of unfinished anime, they also let you see which groups are subbing them.

Reviews are plentiful, if hard to get at (you have to click on a lil review tab which replaces the groups box.
    That said, I use another site, which I can't plug, for reasons of obviousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

myanimelist.net is my favourite by far. Recommendations are always varied and you'll no doubt find friends there that will have similar tastes to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

gearoidof wrote: »
    ANN and anidb are the best.

AniDB is good for discussion of unfinished anime, they also let you see which groups are subbing them.

Reviews are plentiful, if hard to get at (you have to click on a lil review tab which replaces the groups box.
    That said, I use another site, which I can't plug, for reasons of obviousness.

Can you pm me the site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Sent.
    I don't actually know if it's illegal, seeing as they comply with C&Ds and only host shows that are unlicenced outside japan, but no point riling up awesome mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 reccakeys

There are lots of sites which offer free anime shows and reviews in advance. but the problem is that most of them are illegal. Better not try it...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gearoidof wrote: »
    Sent.
    I don't actually know if it's illegal, seeing as they comply with C&Ds and only host shows that are unlicenced outside japan, but no point riling up awesome mods.

whether it's licensed outside of Japan or not it's still copyrighted, the right holder only usually bother to send out C&D or take legal action when they see a need such as if it gets licensed somewhere else.

Advertisement