Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Since I've been bringing up childrens photography...

• 26-10-2009 6:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I'd like to share with you some examples of how you should never, ever (EVER!) do it:

http://apostropher.com/cache/angelswithattitudes.htm

They're like a hodge-podge mixture of dolls, manga rejects and trainee prostitutes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Fenster wrote: »
    I'd like to share with you some examples of how you should never, ever (EVER!) do it:

http://apostropher.com/cache/angelswithattitudes.htm

They're like a hodge-podge mixture of dolls, manga rejects and trainee prostitutes.

God almighty. Its actually difficult to articulate whats so wrong and creepy about those pictures :-O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Those kids look like they're on acid. So weird and freaky! Big mad eyes on them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

oh... my... god....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

very scary, pictures like these are responsible for the unnobtainable goals that the fashion industry has perpetrated for many years. Deeply disturbing work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

If the relaxed, unstructured style you're cultivating in the family photography niche you're carving for yourself is the antidote to this, please keep doing it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

The last one is just plain freaky ! Wonder have they ever heard of "Less is more"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I was considering whether I should report the page to cyber nanny. Looks like winning pictures from "Pedophile Monthly"... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

My thoughts exactly Thonda, they are just so wrong. I've seen a few programs about Little Miss beauty pagents in the states, and the kids being dressed up like this.

Its just so wrong. Would any sane parent want their kid to look anything like that !!

Fenster, you are right, if there is a course being taught anywhere in the world about how to photograph kids, this should be on it, so peole can see how not to do it !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

ThOnda wrote: »
    Looks like winning pictures from "Pedophile Monthly"... :mad:

*bang* Eight posts. That's a record :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62548714&postcount=34

Although this one was heading that way from the start ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

The most scary thing about them is that those children don't just for these pictures look like this but that there are beauty contests where they completely act like an adult. I always wonder what kind of life they'll have.

• Advertisement

I think going from built up highs (from mommy n daddy) to extrem lows when they lose x show might have some effect on the kids.

That reminds me that I am looking for a baby for another picture from my controversial and provoking project. No make-up needed! And the younger, the better.

Any volunteers? ;)

Dirty langer ! Thonda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Those pics are wrong... very wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They look like porcelain dolls... no life in those eyes whatsoever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I came across this before. Here's the culprit. She obiviously makes a living from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

that is so completely bizarre!! Who on earth wold want their child to be represented like that? Too wierd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

oshead wrote: »
    I came across this before. Here's the culprit. She obiviously makes a living from this.

I have seent he initial style before but not this culprit. However I think this person has some really good samples there, I dont like the sexual nature of some of the images but some of the editing is great, the backgrounds are amazing and the colour is fatastic. Again content not my thing in each one but there is one or two that I like in particular the first one on that link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

suitably scary photos for this time of the year!

i wonder what kind of adult edits children to look this way and thinks it's ok? or what kind of parent thinks their child looks good like this??

Chorcai wrote: »
    Dirty langer ! Thonda

I hope that is a compliment on local slang ;)

I am serious about the project. I had started as a one-off photo, but I am more and more interested in that. I am still open to offers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I like'm. In a National Geographic way. It's a window into an alien culture.
    Sure what can throw the viewer is that they are on the whole products of white western society but they do also represent how a sub-culture within that demographic considers and aspires to beauty. It is nuts looking and if I saw it happening to kids in Crumlin children's hospital by a hired in photographer I'd be surprised (and laugh until I was sick). But the same would go for the same kids being dressed to look like a kid from one of the more "out there" African tribes or indeed S. American native tribes or a Papua New Guinnean head hunter tribe.

It's an interesting look into the window of this peculiar lot. I am very tempted to do a little mock up on my daughter to try and replicate it. It could be a fun thing to do.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Every year I go to the Poker World Championships in Vegas, they have a beauty pageant in the conference hall opposite. I have seen parents dragging their "dolls" behind them and screaming at them for not dancing properly etc... its all I can do not to deck the stupid f**kers.

Whats hilarious is that they look down on us as "degenerate gamblers" ... adults playing a game for a wager, while they abuse their kids. Its disgusting.

I really enjoy photographing kids because they are full of life and positivity... these kids look dead inside.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

*bang* Eight posts. That's a record :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62548714&postcount=34

Although this one was heading that way from the start ...

You know, on second look I'm seriously wondering if this isn't some weird fetish thing? None of the links on the page work. I know pageant culture is feckin weird, but is it *that* weird? Seriously? I'm seeing you all saying 'yes!' :) The culprit Oshead posted doesn't look nearly as bad though (although they're bloody terrible photos, and I don't care if she links back to me saying that in Google :) ). There's a big difference between the two pages though.

Just wondering if we're all now logged on some police server somewhere for further investigation is all :rolleyes:

Edit: I did find this for janer though ;)

Advertisement