Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to remove paint from a timber floor?

Options
  • 26-10-2009 6:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We've spent the day painting the house and are left with paint marks and splashes in a fair few places across the t&g floorboards. I spent @ 2 hours scrubbing with white spirits, a rag and a kitchen scrubber but I'm wondering is there a better way of doing this as there is a good lot of the floorspace still to be done.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Has the floor got a finish on it? ie a varnish or such, or is it still in its natural state? If its still raw you could try a little bit of nitromors on the paint splashes, you can pick that up in Woodies or the likes, its a paint stripper and pretty powerful stuff and is ok to use on untreated timber. If you do get it though, be careful, wear gloves and safety glasses, it stings.......stings like hell!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dtrocks_6

Anyting nitro based substances would be very harsh on the finish of the flooring. Before going to that extreme, unless I'm too late there is a putty available to remove overspray,but it's marketed to work on varnished and treated surfaces. It might work for untreated/un-lacquered and unpolished surfaces to a lesser extent but anytime I've used it,it works. A couple of companies do it,Maguiers and Concept,that I know of. But be warned its about 50euro, it's proven a god send to me on a car and on pvc window frames (both treated) PM me for the details

Advertisement