Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MusRo has trouble sleeping at night

• 26-10-2009 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, first of all, the background. MusRo is Mrs r3nu4l :)

Everything is progressing nicely apart from one thing. MusRo is finding it very difficult to sleep through the entire night. She has no problem dropping off and sleeping for an hour or three but then she wakes in the middle of the night and usually stays awake for about 4 hours before falling asleep an hour or so before the alarm goes off in the morning.

She's in week 14/15 and I was just wondering if anyone else here is having the same problems or has overcome this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Oh that's normal. That's very normal!! Is she sleeping on her side yet? or still on her back? Because it's not recommended to sleep on the back during pregnancy. Maybe get her a pregnancy pillow to make her more comfortable and see if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Oh that's normal. That's very normal!! Is she sleeping on her side yet? or still on her back? Because it's not recommended to sleep on the back during pregnancy. Maybe get her a pregnancy pillow to make her more comfortable and see if that helps.

Cheers adrieanne__x, that was going to be my next question. Can anyone recommend a decent pregnancy pillow? I've seen a few but I fail to see how they are supposed to stop you rolling onto your back? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I got one of those V shaped pillows quite cheap in Argos. Positioning that right could help to stop her rolling on her back :)

Glad everything is progressing well otherwise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I got this one on a recommendation. My mrs loves it. To be honest, I rob it when she's not in the bed. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I just use two feather pillows to prop myself up.

I do find that if I wake in the night I won't get back to sleep unless I get up and pay the bathroom a visit, regardless of whether I feel I need to go or not. Slightly weird.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I do find that if I wake in the night I won't get back to sleep unless I get up and pay the bathroom a visit, regardless of whether I feel I need to go or not. Slightly weird.

;)

Glad I'm not alone there! I thought I was a bit odd, I'd wake up for no apparent reason, wouldn't need to go to the loo but the first few times I did I went to the loo, now when I go back to bed I conk straight out afterwards!

If you can't get a hold of a pregnancy pillow try 2/3 pillows - I haven't had a chance to get a maternity one yet so I wedge one between my legs/under bump and one the other side of me to tuck under my back. so far so good! though other half is giving out that I'm taking over the bed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Okay, first of all, the background. MusRo is Mrs r3nu4l :)

Everything is progressing nicely apart from one thing. MusRo is finding it very difficult to sleep through the entire night. She has no problem dropping off and sleeping for an hour or three but then she wakes in the middle of the night and usually stays awake for about 4 hours before falling asleep an hour or so before the alarm goes off in the morning.

She's in week 14/15 and I was just wondering if anyone else here is having the same problems or has overcome this problem?

Lol. Just wait till the baby is born.

Is she hungry. I remember waking up around that time to vomit at around that stage. Not enough food in the belly.

Advertisement