Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless router keeps needing to be restarted

Options
  • 26-10-2009 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

It seems whenever I am doing any heavy downloading the router will stop responding and I can't see out to the internet.

I can talk to it and get into the configuration menus at which point I usually do a software restart. Pulling the power and plugging it back in also works.

Also, I've noticed that it seems the wireless is about 30% slower than connected with and internet cable. It hasn't always been like this.

Any suggestions as to stuff i should tinker with in the configuration on the router?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

What make and model of router-is it by any chance a zyxel modem-i have one myself that sometimes needs to be rebooted when i stream big videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

nope tis a belkin. Gave up and ordered a new one.

Advertisement