Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy meals to cook for a complete noob.

Options
  • 26-10-2009 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting completely fed up of just ordering take away's etc whenever I'm left at home to fend for myself.

I can cook basics like pasta i.e spaghetti bolognaise but I want to be able to cook a variety of things even if it's just one or two other recipes.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

1pound of good lean mince, an onion chopped as small as you can manage, a handful or two of breadcrumbs (you can buy a bag in the supermarket), some chopped or dry parsley and an egg....
    mix all of these in a bowl with your hands and form into burger shapes, put them in the oven at 180 or gas mark 5 for a good 40mins or so, until done and bobs your uncle - yummy burger dinner!
    to make chips just cut washed but unpeeled potatos into rough chip shape and put into the oven at 220 or mark 8 with a little oil over them about 20 mins before the burgers (turn down the oven before the burgers go in)...
    this is a great dinner that if you want to get fancy with you can and impress your mates with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭peepeep

Curry is really easy to make, but looks and tastes impressive. Here's an easy recipe of mine for a chickpea and sweet potato curry...

http://cookering.blogspot.com/2009/07/sweet-potato-and-chickpea-curry.html

You can add meat if you like, or leave out the potato/ chickpeas for other vegetables. It's a versatile recipe and you won't believe how easy it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Campbells condensed mushroom soup, can of tuna and pasta....bob's your uncle! I always found the Lidl website good for getting recipies that are fairly basic to cook too. I love the paella one - http://www.lidl-recipes.ie/ie/recipes.nsf/pages/Content.r.IberianRecipes.Content.Paella

Advertisement