Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fermanagh People

Options
  • 26-10-2009 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi all in Fermanagh.

I would like to make connections with people who actually live in Fermanagh , to talk and give me a cultural insight of social life , day to day living and working in the area . I am temporarily based in Roscommon with my wife and ten year old boy and have lived for a year in Castlerea , long enough to have sussed out the mindset of the common man here .

I have lived in Japan for the past 23 years and prior to that have travelled and worked in different parts of the world although I love Ireland as a whole (I am Irish) I have yet to find my place in it .

I have an opinion on most subjects so would welcome open conversation from you people in Fermanagh .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Unfortunately Im not from Fermanagh myself and sadly this is far from being an active forum. But hang in there and you may get a couple of replies from some of the locals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

shindig-jp wrote: »
    Hi all in Fermanagh.

I would like to make connections with people who actually live in Fermanagh , to talk and give me a cultural insight of social life , day to day living and working in the area . I am temporarily based in Roscommon with my wife and ten year old boy and have lived for a year in Castlerea , long enough to have sussed out the mindset of the common man here .

I have lived in Japan for the past 23 years and prior to that have travelled and worked in different parts of the world although I love Ireland as a whole (I am Irish) I have yet to find my place in it .

I have an opinion on most subjects so would welcome open conversation from you people in Fermanagh .

I'm from Fermanagh although I don't live there any more. It would probably be better if I answered your questions rather than write about life in Fermanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fiann

Although I have extended family in the county, but when I travel in county Fermanagh, it is as a stranger;they disapprove of my politics.

Fiann wrote: »
    Although I have extended family in the county, but when I travel in county Fermanagh, it is as a stranger;they disapprove of my politics.

I guess that's a consequence of telling people your politics.

Right on mate, especially in NI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Fermanagh man here, how can I help. Feel free to ask anything you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

i live just on the border with monaghan and fermanagh and my wife is from the knocks in fermanagh..i have a lot of friends in the county.

i live just on the border with monaghan and fermanagh and my wife is from the knocks in fermanagh..i have a lot of friends in the county.

If you have a lot of friends in county Fermanagh better keep your politics to yourself unless they are like minded. It's when you change your political outlook that trouble starts.

The family has been in Fermanagh since the 1530's when King Henry VIII decided he wanted to replace Gaelic plantations with English planters mainly from Devonshire and Scotland. We are now scattered all over the world, but I feel a certain kinship with Fermanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

If you have a lot of friends in county Fermanagh better keep your politics to yourself unless they are like minded....

Erm first I've heard about it. Theres no big shakes about politics here than there is anywhere else. Of course there are peeps who are very political, but no different than any other part of Ireland, the UK or the world. Just my view by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

who mentioned politics? im a republican..and i have no problem telling anyone it!:D

• Advertisement

If you have a lot of friends in county Fermanagh better keep your politics to yourself unless they are like minded. It's when you change your political outlook that trouble starts.

Your issue is with your family, not Fermanagh people.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Your issue is with your family, not Fermanagh people.

Very true. When I was re-baptised in the Fenian -faith I became anathema to the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Stick to the topic please folks.

Advertisement